Wikimedia Chapters Association/Resolutions/13. Substitute council members
Due to the fact that CMs are often involved in several topics in the movement and they are also volunteers with private lives, it is sometimes not possible for them to attend council meetings. We want to allow for them to send a substitute to represent their organisation in such meetings.
Voting is finished. The resolution was accepted.
The WCA Council resolves to change the Charter as follows:
After Section B, Art 3, a new Article is inserted as follows:
- Art. 3a [Temporary substitution of members] Each Council Member may select a Substitute Council Member, who will be authorized to act as a Council Member at any meeting at which the primary Council Member is not present. The Substitute Council Member needs to be announced to the Chair by the Council Member before each meeting.
Conditions of voting
As this is a proposal to change the Charter, a majority of 2/3 of the votes in the Council is is necessary.
- The quorum will also be 1/2 of Members. As of 1st July, 2013 the quorum is 13.
- Abstains count to the quorum.
- Voting will close on July 7th, 2013 @ 23:59UTC
- Markus Glaser (WMDE) --Mglaser (talk) 22:52, 30 June 2013 (UTC)
- Kirill Lokshin (WMUS-DC) 23:54, 30 June 2013 (UTC)
- --Itzike (talk) 06:36, 1 July 2013 (UTC)
- ~ (WMMK) --brest (talk) 07:44, 1 July 2013 (UTC)
- -- Obradovic Goran (talk) 20:33, 1 July 2013 (UTC)
- --Oop (talk) 20:43, 1 July 2013 (UTC)
- Pharos (talk) 03:38, 2 July 2013 (UTC)
- PierreSelim (talk) 09:48, 3 July 2013 (UTC)
- I've been supporting the idea since Berlin. I would have preferred a "permanent" substitute (i.e., nominated in a similar way as the main council member), because knowing that in advance he could keep updated on WCA's activity, but it's fine anyway. - Laurentius (talk) 10:11, 3 July 2013 (UTC)
- Fæ (talk) 15:21, 3 July 2013 (UTC)
- --Charles Andrès (WMCH) 07:18, 4 July 2013 (UTC)
- -- ♪Karthik♫ ♪Nadar♫ 15:10, 4 July 2013 (UTC)
- Zuirdj (talk) 19:19, 4 July 2013 (UTC)
- Manuel Schneider (WMAT) --Manuel Schneider(bla) (+/-) 20:30, 5 July 2013 (UTC)
- Shabab Mustafa (WMBD) --Tarunno (talk) 18:55, 6 July 2013 (UTC)
- Chuq (talk) (WMAU) 22:44, 6 July 2013 (UTC)
- --Millars (talk) 16:06, 7 July 2013 (UTC)
- As we have our meetings 1 or 2 times a year I don`t see a problem --A1 (talk) 07:29, 1 July 2013 (UTC)
- and virtual meeting, and it's a topic that block many chapters from the beginning. Having the possibility to appoint au substitue do not make it mandatory, those chapter who do not want one, just have to not appoint one. --Charles Andrès (WMCH) 07:05, 5 July 2013 (UTC)