Wikimedia Foundation Chief Executive Officer/Maryana’s Listening Tour
The Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees has appointed Maryana Iskander as the new Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Wikimedia Foundation. In Maryana’s introductory letter to the movement, she said “my first job is to listen and seek to understand.”
As part of this commitment, Maryana is undertaking a listening tour of the Wikimedia movement. She will meet with volunteer contributors, affiliates, donors, partners and staff. She wants to hear from anyone interested in sharing directly with her even before she officially joins the Wikimedia Foundation in January 2022.
In January 2022, after Maryana officially joins, key themes from the feedback will be summarized and shared back with the movement.
Questions from Maryana
Maryana is interested in all the different views from across our communities. She is asking everyone:
- What do you think: about the vision, mission, impact, strategy and how we relate to the rest of the world? What do you think about our current and future ways of working and achieving our aspirations?
- What does data, research and evidence also tell us about our vision, mission, impact, strategy and how we relate to the rest of the world? How is this the same or different from what you think?
- What motivates you at a personal level to contribute to your projects and take part in your communities?
As part of Maryana’s listening tour, you can get in touch with her in many ways to share your views.
- Directly by email at miskanderwikimediaorg.
- On wiki, by leaving a message in any language on this page’s talk page. Foundation staff will pass on (and translate where needed) all messages to Maryana.
- Joining one of the many events listed below.
Join Maryana at an event
Events are being added all the time so feel free to watch this page for more.
If you would like to invite Maryana to an event please email movementcommswikimediaorg and we can check availability. Please note Maryana is trying to meet as many people as she can but may not be able to make all the events she is invited to during this transition period.
|Name||Date and time
(all times in UTC)
|How to join|
|Meeting with Wikimedia South Africa||Tuesday, 21 September 2021||Completed|
|Wikimedia South Africa Annual General Meeting||Saturday, 25 September 2021||Completed|
|Major Donors Virtual Events||22 September, 13 October and 9 November||Invites sent directly to groups.|
|German-language WikiCon 2021||Saturday October 2, 14:00-15:00 UTC||Program|
|Meeting with a cross-section of User Groups
||Thursday, October 7th||Invites sent directly to groups.|
|ESEAP regional monthly meeting||Saturday October 9, 07:00 UTC||Event page|
|WikiConference North America||Sunday October 10, 15:45 UTC||Program and registration|
|WikiArabia||Friday October 15, 11:30 UTC||Program and registration|
|Conversation with the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees - Community Affairs Committee||Wednesday October 20, 11:00 UTC||Program and registration|
|Wikidata Con||Saturday October 30, 16:00 UTC||Program and registration|
|Wikimedia CEE (Central and Eastern Europe)||Friday November 5, Time to be confirmed.||Program and registration|
|Wiki Indaba||Friday November 5, Time to be confirmed.||Program and registration|
|WikiConvention francophone||November 21-22, Time to be confirmed.||Program and registration|
|Conversation with Maryana - open forum listening meeting with the Movement.||Late November / Early December. Exact date and times to be confirmed.||To be confirmed|