Wikimedia Foundation elections 2013/Vote Questions
Translate this page with Google into: Afrikaans (af) · azərbaycanca (az) · Bahasa Indonesia (id) · Bahasa Melayu (ms) · Jawa (jv) · bosanski (bs) · català (ca) · Cebuano (ceb) · čeština (cs) · Cymraeg (cy) · dansk (da) · Deutsch (de) · eesti (et) · English (en) · español (es) · Esperanto (eo) · euskara (eu) · français (fr) · Gaeilge (ga) · galego (gl) · Hausa (ha) · Hmoob (hmn) · hrvatski (hr) · Igbo (ig) · isiZulu (zu) · íslenska (is) · italiano (it) · Kiswahili (sw) · Kreyòl ayisyen (ht) · Latina (la) · latviešu (lv) · lietuvių (lt) · Māori (mi) · magyar (hu) · Malti (mt) · Nederlands (nl) · norsk (no) · polski (pl) · português (pt) · română (ro) · shqip (sq) · slovenčina (sk) · slovenščina (sl) · Soomaaliga (so) · suomi (fi) · svenska (sv) · Türkçe (tr) · Tagalog (tl) · Tiếng Việt (vi) · Yorùbá (yo) · Ελληνικά (el) · беларуская (be) · български (bg) · македонски (mk) · монгол (mn) · русский (ru) · српски / srpski (sr) · українська (uk) · հայերեն (hy) · ქართული (ka) · नेपाली (ne) · मराठी (mr) · हिन्दी (hi) · বাংলা (bn) · ਪੰਜਾਬੀ (pa) · ગુજરાતી (gu) · தமிழ் (ta) · తెలుగు (te) · ಕನ್ನಡ (kn) · ไทย (th) · ລາວ (lo) · ភាសាខ្មែរ (km) · 한국어 (ko) · 日本語 (ja) · 中文（简体） (zh-hans) · 中文（繁體） (zh-hant) · ייִדיש (yi) · עברית (he) · اردو (ur) · العربية (ar) · فارسی (fa)
|The election ended 22 June 2013. No more votes will be accepted.|
The results were announced on 24 June 2013.
|FDC Ombudsperson elections|
Information for voters
You may vote from any one registered account you own on a Wikimedia wiki. You may only vote once, regardless of how many accounts you own. To qualify, this one account must:
- not be blocked on more than one project; and
- not be blocked on the project you are voting from; and
- not be a bot; and
- have made at least 300 edits before 15 April 2013 across Wikimedia wikis (edits on several wikis can be combined if your accounts are unified into a global account); and
- have made at least 20 edits between 15 December 2012 and 30 April 2013.
Developers qualify to vote if they:
- Are Wikimedia server administrators with shell access; or
- Have commit access and have made at least one merged commit in git between 1 May 2012 and 30 April 2013.
- Staff and contractors
Current Wikimedia Foundation staff and contractors qualify to vote if they have been employed by the Foundation as of April 30th 2013.
- Board members and advisory board members
Current and former members of the Board of Trustees and the Advisory Board are qualified to vote.
How to vote
If you are eligible to vote:
- Read the candidate presentations and decide which candidates you will support.
- Go to the wiki page "Special:SecurePoll" on one wiki you qualify to vote from. For example, if you are most active on the wiki meta.wikimedia.org, go to meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:SecurePoll.
- Follow the instructions on that page.
Eligible voter is unable to vote
You may receive a message "Sorry, you are not in the predetermined list of users authorized to vote in this election."
- Make sure you are logged in
- Make sure you are voting from the project on which you are most active
- If you are a developer, WMF staff member, or Advisory Board member, the Election Committee may not have been able to match you to a specific username. You should contact James Alexander to be added to the list.
- If you are still unable to vote and believe you should be able to please leave a message on the election talk page or contact the election committee at the email below.
Eligible voter wishes to change vote
Follow the same process that you did for your original vote. Note, however, that you must revote for all three elections (ombuds, FDC, and Board of Trustees). Your original votes will be discarded.
Other question not mentioned here
For technical or vote system errors, please email board-electionswikimedia.org. A member of the election committee will respond to your email as soon as possible. Please specify the username you are trying to vote with, and the project where you are trying to vote.