2017 Community Wishlist Survey/Editing/ContentTranslation extension for others wikis
- Problem: ContentTranslation is an extension currently used in Wikipedia that allows you to translate items in other languages more conveniently, it has the advantage of adapting the source templates and avoiding complicating the wiki-code. The problem is that this extension was only created for Wikipedia, it would be interesting if other projects such as Wikinews or Wikiquote could take advantage of this tool in order to facilitate the translation of content between the different languages of these wikis as it is done in Wikipedia.
- Who would benefit: All users.
- Proposed solution: Adapt ContentTranslation to the needs and characteristics of the rest of the projects with the objective that it can work optimally in them.
- More comments: This would make it possible to take advantage of this extension in these projects and encourage the translation of articles in these projects. In addition, outside of this, I think that the automatic translator of the extension could also be improved since that would allow generating less workload to correct the words.
- Phabricator tickets: None.
CT is bugged. It helps, but you always need to clean up generated code manually. And many problems solved in VisualEditor long time ago still present in CT. --Igel B TyMaHe (talk) 08:59, 14 November 2017 (UTC)