A bot (short for software robot) is an automated software program used to perform certain repetitive tasks on a wiki. Bots typically require approval to operate, and are occasionally used by vandals to cause extensive damage to a wiki's content in a short period of time.
Special:ListUsers/bot produces a list of all accounts which are member of the “യന്ത്രങ്ങൾ” user group. Additionally, “യന്ത്രം” is a user right. Edits by a user with this “right” (read: property) do not show up in recent changes by default. Typically, a user from the group “യന്ത്രങ്ങൾ” will have the “യന്ത്രം” user right. User rights are often called “flags” and bots with user right “യന്ത്രം” are often called “flagged” bots.
See Manual:Creating a bot on MediaWiki.org for full instructions.
- Using Pywikibot
- English Wikipedia bot policy
- Steward requests/Bot status — to request an account be marked with a bot flag (for wikis without any active bureaucrat)
- Setting bot access — information for people running their own MediaWiki installation. Can be changed at Special:UserRights
- wikitech:Help:Toolforge/Developing successful tools — best practices for all bot-owners
Miscellaneous bot pages
- Bot policy
- Small wiki toolkits/Starter kit/Bots and Tools — list of popular and useful bots on Wikimedia wikis
- Vandalbot — advice on dealing with malicious bots
- Rollback — includes instructions for using "bot rollback" to hide vandalism from recent changes
യന്ത്രനിർമ്മാനത്തിനുള്ള ചട്ടക്കൂടുകളും സമ്പര്ക്കമുഖവും
See mw:Manual:Creating a bot#Programming languages and libraries for lists.