Grants:PEG/User:Sagan/Project:Wiki seminar Yangantau
Project:Wiki seminar / Yangantau is an instructional event for the exchange of experiences and translation the system messages of Wikimedia projects into Bashkir language. The seminar will be held from the 25 of March to the 3 of April, 2016 on the base of the "YanganTau" health resort which is located in the Salavat district of the Republic of Bashkortostan
- 1 Goal
- 2 Plan
- 3 Expected results
- 4 Сonditions for participation in the seminar
- 5 Resources
- 6 Budget
- 7 Участники / Participants
- 8 Discussion
- Teach active editors and new members of Bashkir Wikipedia how to use ContentTranslation’s tools, the Visual Editor, the translation area of MediaWiki system messages on translatewiki.net, the Wikimedia Commons storage of photos, audio and video files.
- Translate MediaWiki system messages.
- Visit the landmarks and attractions of the Salavat district, take photos and upload them to Wikimedia Commons.
The planned schedule of activities will be drawn up to the 1 of March, 2016, and agreed with the management of the "Yangantau" health resort. It will include lectures, practical part, sightseeing section, and a lecture meeting with the resort vacationers.
- Translation of MediaWiki system messages to a level of 100 % (now it is 80 %)
- Translation MediaWiki Extensions used by Wikimedia to a level of 50-60 %(now it is 29 %)
- Translation of Visual Editor system messages to a level of 100 % (now it's 21 %)
- Translation of Mobile Frontend system messages to a level of 100 % (now it's 13 %)
- Creating new articles — at least 50 of the Vital articles
- Uploading photos to Wikimedia Commons — at least 100
- Integration of Bashkir Wiki-community, increasing number of members of Wikimedians of Bashkortostan User Group to 20 person.
Сonditions for participation in the seminar
- The number of participants is determind by agreement with the administration of YanganTau Resort - 25 person
- Including, 20 representatives from Bashkir Wikipedia, 1 representative (lecturer) from WMF, 1 representative (lecturer) from Wikimedia RU, 1 representative (lecturer) from the project "Wikipedia Sections in Regional Languages of Russia", 1 representative (lecturer) from Interested in joining projects of Wikimedians of Bashkortostan User Group, 1 representative (observer) from Wiki-Incubator (Siberian Tatar language)
- Participants should register in Bashkir Wikipedia and in in the site of translators translatewiki.net
- Participants should take laptops or tablets and digital camera if possible
- Workshop participants get to the YanganTau Resort at their own expense or at the expense of travel-grant, or by sponsorship. If necessary, will be given a letter of petition.
- Workshop participants undertake throughout the year to actively edit articles and promote the Wiki-movement.
YanganTau Resort provides free accommodation for participants in the Hotel Complex in rooms for 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 person.
YanganTau Resort provides the conference-hall for free with possibility of Internet connection for the workshops inside the resort.
There is a possibility of Internet connection. There are four computers in the conference-hall. Laptops or tablets as well as digital cameras will be with participants.
Users Саган and Рөстәм Нурыев have great experience of volunteer work and experience of of system messages translation. User Айсар is filologist (Russian and Bashkir languages and literature). Representatives of WMF and WMRU will have lectures on selected topics. Perheps linguist from the Institute of History, Language and Literature and encyclopedist from "Bashkir Encycloperia" would have lectures.
Transport and excursions
Hotel Complex is located 3 km from the main resort in the road Kropachevo-Mesyagutovo. YanganTau Resort provide transportation between Hotel Complex and resort and provide transportration for Wiki-excursions in Salavat Region for free.
Meals for participants is planned to be covered by WMF grant.
- Organizers of the project Саган and Рустам Нурыев have practical experience in organizing events of various levels of difficulty:
- Wiki-Sabantuy 2015 — a series of events dedicated to 10th Anniversary of Bashkir Wikipedia, including «Башкирской Википедии 10 лет!» (Bashkir Wikipedia is 10 years old!) article writing contest, «Википедия и информационное общество» (Wikipedia and Information Society) International Wiki-conference, Wiki-tour of architectural monuments and the National Museum of the Republic of Bashkortostan.
- Interwiki Social Enterpreneurship Articles Contest
- «Wikipedia Asian Month» International Articles Contest
- Interaction with leading mass media of the Republic of Bashkortostan
- Cooperation with leading research institution — Russian Academy of Sciences Ufa Scientific Center's Institute of History, Language and Literature
- Cooperation with World Kurultay (Congress) of Bashkirs International Union of NGOs
The budget of the project is expected to rely on the sponsorship help of «Янган-Тау/Yanghan-Taw» resort, WMF grant and personal funds of seminar participants.
Budget calculation table
|№ пп||Category||Description||Unit of measurement||Number of units||Cost per unit||Total cost||Currency||Notes|
|1||Transportation||Participants' travel to resort and back||RUR||25||1500 - 45000||*||RUR||At own expense|
|2||Premises||Conference hall||days||8||6250||50000||RUR||Resort's sponsorship (no charge)|
|3||Premises||Rooms for stay||days||10х25||750||187500||RUR||Resort's sponsorship (no charge)|
|4||Transportation||Servicing seminar participants||days||10||2500||25000||RUR||Resort's sponsorship (no charge)|
|5||Food and drink||Meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner, coffee breaks)||days||10х25||1000||250000||RUR||>WMF grant|
|6||Printed materials||broshures and booklets||pages||25||120||3000||RUR||Partner sponsorships|
|7||Souvenirs||T-shirts, pens, pins||pieces||25, 25, 25||*||*||*||Requested from WMF|
Total costs over 515 000 rubles*, WMF grant request — 250 000 rubles
- Кроме расходов на проезд участников до/обратно курорта Янгатау.
Участники / Participants
Participants indipendantly confirm their participation with Done, or inability of participation by Oppose
- Gender:25 = / M - 12, / W - 12, / ? - 1
Mentors from among organizers
Представители-слушатели от БашВики - Participants from Bashkir Wikipedia community
- закрытие списка 1 марта 2016 года - closing list March 1, 2016
- Ryanag Done / M
- Азат Хәлилов Done / M
- @АЙБИКӘ / F
- Гүзәл Ситдиҡова Done / F
- З. ӘЙЛЕ Done / F
- Ләйсән Done / F
- Фирүзә Абдуллина Done / F
- Фәһим Йәркәев Done / M
- Һәҙиә Done / F
- Dina1965 Done / F
- Мухамадеева Done / F
- Тәнзилә Исхаҡова / F
- Флюра Солтанова — ВК-ҙы башҡорт теленә өйрәтеүселәрҙең әйҙәүсеһе / F
- Янмурза Баки Done / M
- Гүзәл Булат / F
- Рәшиҙә Ғизәтулина Done / F
- YANBEK Done / M
- MORATSOLTAN Oppose - семейные обстоятельства / unable to attend for family circumstances / M
- Ишбаев Oppose работает / / M
- @Alfiya55 Oppose - семейные обстоятельства / unable to attend for family circumstances / M
- @Fail Khasay / M, @Регион102 / M, @Borovi4ok Oppose - no answer / M
Mentors, representing various communities
- Әмир Аһарони — on behalf of WMF Oppose
- Николай Павлов — on behalf of Wikimedia RU — возможно/possible / M
- Frhdkazan — On behalf of Wikipedias in the languages of Russia project Done / M
- Visem — on behalf of Wiki-communities interested in cooperation with Wikimedians of Bashkortostan User Group / M
- Jbuket Done
on behalf of Sibir Wikipedia (Incubator)Oppose отказались, нет активного участника /
You are responsible for notifying relevant communities of your proposal, so that they can help you! Depending on your project, notification may be most appropriate on a village pump, talkpage, mailing list. Please paste a link below to where the relevant communities have been notified of this proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions. Need notification tips?
- The announcement of the filing of the application for the grant of the WMF in the Bashkir Wikipedia
- Forum in Wikimedia RU
- Group Bashkir Wikipedia in VK
Do you think this project should be selected for a Project and Event Grant? Please add your name and rationale for endorsing this project in the list below. Other feedback, questions or concerns from community members are also highly valued, but please post them on the talk page of this proposal.
- Support - Developing technical skills of small wiki editors, strengthening their community & promoting inter-project cooperation on Meta. Frhdkazan (talk) 17:49, 14 December 2015 (UTC)
- Support --Ochilov (talk) 02:08, 15 December 2015 (UTC)
- Support - Translation of system messages should improve the quality and attractiveness of the Bashkir section of Wikipedia. seminar important event for beginners Bashkir Wikipedia editors and will be an incentive to attract new members wiki projects. --Рөстәм Нурыев (talk) 14:47, 15 December 2015 (UTC)
- Support - We need a seminar. —Гүзәл Ситдиҡова (talk) 16:48, 15 December 2015 (UTC)
- Support. Farsizabon (talk) 17:04, 15 December 2015 (UTC)
- Support It's very important to develop tools and content in regional languages of Russia. And Bashkir community are the most succesful in organizing such events. --Visem (talk) 18:00, 15 December 2015 (UTC)
- Support --Jbuket 18:55, 15 December 2015 (UTC)
- Support - Practically all the minority language of Russia are threaten (all but Tatar, according to UNESCO's Atlas of the World's Languages in Danger), and the Bashkir Wikipedia community is currently the most active. It also has experience in organizing seminars which are valuable not only for the Bashkir Wikipedia community, but also for the many others (especially the neighbouring: Tatar, Udmurt, Mari, Chuvash, etc.) Hectoralos (talk) 19:03, 15 December 2015 (UTC)
- Teach active editors and new members of Bashkir Wikipedia how to use ContentTranslation’s tools 220.127.116.11 19:34, 15 December 2015 (UTC)
- Support This event is very necessary Wikipedian from the region. HalanTul (talk) 07:21, 16 December 2015 (UTC)
- Support — Mikheil Talk 15:35, 16 December 2015 (UTC)
- Support —Айсар (talk) 16:48, 17 December 2015 (UTC)
- Support. --Ryanag (talk) 02:36, 17 December 2015 (UTC)
- Support If the argument is this is a good example of doing things to protect minority languages in Russia, I'd really expect to see more information about this in terms of outcomes to facilitate doing similar outreach efforts in Central and Eastern Europe. It would be great to see a booklet produced by the organizers that explains the outcomes published around 3 months later, looking at organic follow up events, participation levels, user satisfaction rates, etc. Should people be doing this in the future? What works? Develop a guide to advice people how to run one of these in the future, in English and Russian. It also seems like it should have budgeted sending some one to the WM-CEE conference to talk about this project. My understanding is the Armenians have done similar events but with their own language, and seeing that connection would be great if it is building on this. I think this is important if a guide is not creating as it would explain better why you expect success to come out of this. Otherwise, I think this sound worth supporting. --LauraHale (talk) 10:23, 18 December 2015 (UTC)
- Community effort to document best practices, tasks etc. necessary to help grow Wikipedias in the regional languages of Russia and their communities is centered around Проект:Разделы Википедии на региональных языках России. Announcements & sometimes discussion of specific topics is taking place at the talk page. -- Frhdkazan (talk) 19:32, 19 December 2015 (UTC)
- I Support Rustam Nuryev and his team's projects with great passion! I (with my girlfriend) was an attendee at Wiki-Sabantuy 2015 in Ufa which he hosted. The event was held at high organizational level, I was (we were) very pleased with all of the components the event included. It included various: lectures, seminars, food, excursions (I was also very glad to visit Ufa which turned out to be marvellous city). The main place for the event was Bashkir State University — that confirm Rustam's high-profile organizational capabilities: State University, where so many young students educate, is a more than suitable location for a Wiki-Conference. More over, recently I read in Russian Wikinews a Rustam's article (in Russian) where he reported that he was a speaker at the major en:The World Qoroltai of the Bashkirs — supposedly the main and biggest gathering of Bashkirs, headed by Bashkir President Khamitov. At the Qoroltai, Rustam was promoting Bashkir Wikipedia, particularly with his own poem (Rustam is also a Bashkir poet). That proves again Rustam's organizational skills and ability to promote Wikimedia ideas among Bashkirs. I am deeply convinced that local languages such as Bashkir will benefit from Wikipedia massively, some smaller languages may be "re-born" as a result; and Wikipedia will benefit from this too, of course: it's just a matter of spreading the ideas and emphasizing the ease of use of Wikipedia. Rustam is able to promote Wikipedia to schoolchildren, that's the sure way to go! So that, the event at Yangantau will serve these needs effectively, for Bashkir and other local Wikipedias. Salavat district has also superb sightseeings of Ural mountains! --Ssr (talk) 16:19, 20 December 2015 (UTC)
- Support--Soul Train (talk) 16:57, 20 December 2015 (UTC)
- Support per above. These events is very important for local community development and for involving new users in bashkir-language projects. --Kaganer (talk) 09:03, 21 December 2015 (UTC)
- Support. It's a quite useful event, that Wikimedia RU will participate. I hope that this initiative (and other initiatives as well) of our Bashkir colleagues may help to elaborate a lot of useful experience that may be used for development of Wikimedia projects in several other languages as well. Dr Bug (Vladimir V. Medeyko) 08:29, 26 January 2016 (UTC)