Grants:Project/Rapid/Abubakar A Gwanki/Hausa Wikipedia Contest for Human Right Campaign 2021
Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Add or improve content about human rights and the environment to Hausa Wikipedia.
- Recruit new editors especially from the environmental studies background.
- Engage existing editors.
- Join the #WikiForHumanRights Campaign 2021 in increasing the visibility of Wikipedia articles related to the theme "rights to a healthy Environment".
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
- The aims of this contest:
- To provide quality articles on environmental health, communities impacted by environmental issues around the world, human rights and the environment, environmental degradation, Climatic Changes, Biodiversity loss and pollution among others in Hausa language.
- To create new Editors using the students of the environment and the youth especially those that have sound academic background.
- Then add Hausa Wikipedia User groug to Join the #WikiForHumanRights Campaign 2021.
2. How have you let relevant Wikimedia communities know about this proposal? You are required to provide links to on-wiki pages to inform these communities about your proposed work. Examples of places where this can be done include community discussion pages, affiliate discussion pages, or relevant project talk pages.
You may also provide information about external social media channels you may be using.
- By Communication with them through our social media accounts such as Telegram, Facebook and Twitter.
3. How will you let participants know about the contest? In what ways will you be communicating with them?
For example, these can include on-wiki spaces, social media channels, mailing lists, messaging apps, or physical/online gatherings.
- I will let the community know about this the Workshop and Contest through Hausa Wikipedia Discussion page and Social Media handles such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp Group. And I will email Users.
4. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
Note: Grantees, judges, and other contest leaders are ineligible to receive prizes. Grantees who are serving as judges may not receive gifts through grant funding.
- Two points (2.0) would be awarded for every newly created article.
- One point (1.0) for every quality source or Citation used in an existing Wikipedia article.
- Two points (2.0) for quality (includes using the appropriate intonations, grammar etc.)
- One Point (1.0) for every Category.
5. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
6. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
- Yes the link is here
7. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- We will start with a workshop where we will ask a human rights expert to discuss about human rights, especially environmental issues. We will also train Editors on how to write a good article on Wikipedia. Then we will have a two-week contest.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
For writing contests:
- Number of participants 20
- Number of articles created or improved 200
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- I am Abubakar A Gwanki, the oldest Editor among all Hausa Wikipedia editors with the thousands of contributors to Hausa Wikipedia and Hausa Wikipedia administrator. I'm the second prize's winner for Decolonize the Internet's contest from Hausa Wikipedia, co-organizer to events for Hausa Wikipedia, I will lead this mavelous and great Project with Assistance of Umar-askira the juror.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
Snacks and Refreshments $150
Hiring Projector $50
Transport for Human Right expert $200
$400 - (Samsung A11 = 160.00, Infinix Spark4 = 134.00, Geonee S10 = 106.00, TOTAL $400)
Total - $1,250
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Because i wish this project to be done especially in Hausa communities where people don't know their right. This project will be the best way ever where people would be out of dogmatism socially and academcally. We are living in a kind of environment that every one can go against people just because the person is rich, has political appointment, militiry persone, knows someone that can stansds for his/her crime they commites. Umar-askira (talk) 21:30, 29 March 2021 (UTC)
- Support- Any contest in Hausa Wikipedia is a progress.AnasskokoTalk 13:49, 31 March 2021 (UTC)
- Uncle Bash007 (talk) 14:23, 31 March 2021 (UTC) This is a good project as our communities have being experiencing a series of human rights violation by law enforcers. I therefore support!
- Yusuf Sa'adu (talk)Yusuf Sa'adu Yusuf Sa'adu (talk)
- DaSupremo (talk) 15:04, 3 April 2021 (UTC)
- Seeing that this is an international events to promote human rights and dignity, adopting it locally will really help in closing the human rights gap on Hausa wikipedia as well as exposing serious human right violations that are happening within the speaking areas. Em-mustapha User | talk 19:04, 4 April 2021 (UTC)