Grants:Project/Rapid/ML Wikipedia/WikiSangamotsavam 2016-Mini Wikisangamotsavam
This Wikimedia Foundation grant has a fiscal sponsor. The Centre for Internet and Society administered the grant on behalf of the grantee.
Please see the sample Meeting application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- WikiSangamotsavam is an annual interactive meeting of nascent wikipedia editors with experienced wikipedians of Malayalam Wikipedia
- Socialize with community members
- 20 editors already registered. A total 150 editors and new comers are expected to participate in three days seminars, classes and interactive sessions. Participation from Tulu Wikipedia community is also expected
- Empower new editors
- So far around 50 newcomers attended various preparatory meetings of MiniSangamothsavam. They shall be trained further with hands on training, and interactive during
- Increase skills for existing editors
- During the preparatory meetings some of the existing editors in the community, asked for classes for advanced wiki editing such as map creation, template creation, module creation, editing through mobile apps etc.. It is planned to included sessions on these topics in the event
- Add or improve content
- More contents on Kasaragod district shall be added to Malayalam and Tulu Wikipedia
- What is the purpose of the meeting and why is it important to your community?
- This meeting have following purposes
- Increase number active contributors in Malayalam Wikipedia Community
- Create space for direct interaction of community participants
- Do the ground work for increasing number of articles in Malayalam Wikipedia by March 2017
- Increase quality and quantity of Malayalam Wikipedia contents on Kasaragod District of Kerala, South India where event takes place.
- Increase social awareness on Wikipedia
- This meeting have following purposes
- If applicable, what benefits have you seen from doing this kind of meeting in the past?
- Through the previous Wikisnagamotsavams, strength and coherence of Malayalam Wikipedia has been increased.
- Community has been empowered with more active participants
- Quality and Quantity of Malayalam Wikipedia contents Increasing
- Malayalam Wikipedia getting more outreach within the state and societ
- The principle of freedom of Knowledge and social awareness on it Increased
- How will you let participants know about the meeting?
- Our planning for the event started with a project page in Malayalam Wikipedia it Wikisangamothsavam-2016
- By using social media and mailing lists we are inviting participants.
- We already have a series of preparatory meetings held at Kasargod district of Kerala.
- We are using regional and national newspapers to publish news about the event to attract more newcomers.
- How will you keep participants engaged after the meeting is over?
- Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- Wiki Sangmaotsavam is a famous annual meetup of Malayalam Wiki Community which regularly conducted since 2011. This year we had initially planned it as a bigger annual meetup of the community, with the participation from other neighborhood language communities as well.We have scheduled the program and moved ahead with its organizational activities and related outreach programs.
- But, due to some unexpected hurdles, we could not move further with a bigger program and place the request for project grant in time. To prevent the discouraging signal to the newcomers to the Malayalam Wikipedia community, who were mobilized recently through outreach programs of the planned event and already registered participants, we have planned to convert this as a Mini Event with a modest budget for time being.
Note: In addition to your project-specific measures of success, you will also be asked to report on some Global Metrics at the end of your final report. Please keep this in mind as you plan, and we'll support you as you begin your project.
- Number of total participants 150
- Number of people who will help organize the event 20
- Number of speakers: 10
Assumed Exchange Rate: 1 US$ = 68.77 INR (As on 24/11/2016)
|FAT||9||Wiki Backwater Journey||44||35200||512||800.00|
- It's a great initiative ... all the best... Sayooj007 (talk) 11:23, 26 November 2016 (UTC)
- This event happening in the border area of kerala, near to karnataka and having around 7 languages, different cultures, etc are there. Wikimedia will get more special people from kasaragod as active editors-Rajeshodayanchal (talk) 11:43, 26 November 2016 (UTC)
- Wikisangamothsavam is the most anticipated yearly meet up which boosts the real time bond between all active Malayalam Wikipedia contributors.
- Wishing all the best to the community, hope the grant will get approved on time. Karikkan (talk) 12:15, 26 November 2016 (UTC)
- Support--Sidheeq (talk) 15:32, 26 November 2016 (UTC)
- Support Annual meetup of all wikimedians working in Malayalam will definitely help wikimedia to reach new heights. Ranjithsiji (talk) 02:54, 27 November 2016 (UTC)
- all the best SijiR (talk) 02:56, 27 November 2016 (UT)
- Support --Sreejith K (talk) 14:31, 27 November 2016 (UTC)
- Support - Kannanshanmugam(talk) 28 November 2016 (UTC)
- I realize that a number of titles are to be included in the wikipedia from Kasaragod. Vijayanrajapuram (talk) 10:45, 28 November 2016 (UTC)
- Support - Akbarali (talk) 19:28, 28 November 2016 (UTC)
- Great initiative to make Wikipedia Malayalam version more popular Sodaram (talk) 16:25, 30 November 2016 (UTC)
- Support - Abijith k.a (talk) 13:42, 7 December 2016 (UTC)
- Volunteer Karikkan (talk) 12:20, 26 November 2016 (UTC)
- - Rajeshodayanchal (talk) 14:00, 26 November 2016 (UTC)
- Volunteer Participating and conducting various online events in wikipedia, facebook, other online media, Creating online posters etc.. Ranjithsiji (talk) 02:53, 27 November 2016 (UTC)