- The following discussion is preserved as an archive of a closed Meta-Wiki request. Please do not modify it.
Not ending before 10 December 2020 12:08 (UTC)
Hi! I'm Cornelius, working for the Wikimedia Foundation at the moment. Unexpectedly, I'm doing much more meta work around Strategy/Wikimedia_movement/2018-20/Transition/Global_Conversations, and I constantly have to ask someone to approve my changes for translation. So, it would be really helpful, if you could grant me translation admin rights. I've had them already for my previous staff account (user:Cornelius Kibelka (WMDE)), so I know how it works. Cheers, --Cornelius Kibelka (WMF) (talk to me) 12:08, 3 December 2020 (UTC)
- @CKibelka (WMF) May I know why you didn't transclude this into the main Meta:Requests for adminship page? And is there any way to get the rights from WMF and not the community? Camouflaged Mirage (talk) 17:26, 3 December 2020 (UTC)
- @Camouflaged Mirage:: I've added my translation admin request via the form function, I've expected that it would appear automatically. Sorry if that didn't appear. Regarding your second question: Is that a loaded question? --Cornelius Kibelka (WMF) (talk to me) 17:29, 3 December 2020 (UTC)
- @CKibelka (WMF) It don't for meta, if you are okay I can help you transclude. It isn't a loaded question, WMF staffs typically get their rights from WMF but community as a whole we can also grant, I am just unsure what the correct workflow it is. Camouflaged Mirage (talk) 17:32, 3 December 2020 (UTC)
- You're right, and I'm mistaken. There is a special process for WMF staff, that I wasn't aware of. I was doing the same procedure as a WMDE staff member, there was my error. Tss. --Cornelius Kibelka (WMF) (talk to me) 17:33, 3 December 2020 (UTC)
- @CKibelka (WMF) Something like WMF Advanced Permissions is there I guess, WMDE is different, I typically support WMDE members asking community for rights but WMF it seems to need to go through WMF? Camouflaged Mirage (talk) 17:36, 3 December 2020 (UTC)
- I wrote my colleagues an e-mail. Sorry for that. We can close this request here. --Cornelius Kibelka (WMF) (talk to me) 17:39, 3 December 2020 (UTC)
- Let's wait for a crat to see this and close I guess. No problem, hope you get your rights soon. @CKibelka (WMF) Camouflaged Mirage (talk) 17:41, 3 December 2020 (UTC)
Closed per CKibelka (WMF)'s request. —MarcoAurelio (talk) 14:09, 9 December 2020 (UTC)
- The above request page is preserved as an archive. Please do not modify it. Comments about this page should be made in Meta:Babel or Meta:Requests for help from a sysop or bureaucrat.