This is a simplified version of the list of initiatives (those being: the key outcomes, changes or actions) embedded in the Wikimedia 2030 Movement Strategy recommendations. Initiatives from this list are part of the Movement Strategy implementation.
This is a summary list of initiatives, which is meant to be easy to read and translate. You may refer to the complete table for the original list or for further details.
For recent updates in the initialives listed below check the changes related to the initiatives category.
- The three sub-parts of initiative 9. Community engagement around product design and UX are separated (now comprising initiatives 9 to 11).
- Previous initiative 18. Baseline of community responsibilities is renamed to Healthy community atmosphere to better reflect the text of the recommendation.
** Initiative 23. Interim Global Council is removed, as it is not being implemented anymore. The Movement Charter is still expected to establish the Global Council. ** Initiatives of the recommendation Identify Topics for Impact are significantly-restructured to better reflect the content of the recommendation:
- Initiative 36A. Identify the impact of Wikimedia projects & content is renamed to 37. Identify the impact of Wikimedia projects & content.
- Initiative 36B. Misinformation is renamed to 38. Identify the effects and mitigations of misinformation and disinformation.
- Initiative 36C. Identifying impactful topics is merged into 37. Identify the impact of Wikimedia projects & content.
- Initiative 37A. List of high-impact topics is merged into 37. Identify the impact of Wikimedia projects & content.
*** Initiative 37B. Bridging content gaps is split into: 39. Bridge gaps in high-impact content and 40. Build capacity to improve high-impact content in underrepresented communities.