Amaaraba na Dagbani Wikimedians User Group!
ʒingama laɣingu din su fukumsi zaŋ ti Dagbani Wikipiidia Baŋsim bayana kundi sokam ni tooi tɔhisabi
Dagbani Wikimedians User Group is a user group dedicated to promoting Wikimedia projects in Gur/Mabia languages.
The Gur/Mabia languages are a large group of near mutually intelligible dialects spoken across countries in West Africa. The largest of these languages are Mòoré; spoken by more than 5 million people in Burkina Faso, and Dagbani, a lingua franca in the northern half of Ghana spoken by some 3 million people including 2 million indigenous speakers. Among the smaller languages in this family tree is Notre, mainly spoken in Benin.
The group is open to membership by all interested individuals.
To incubate all the 16 Gur/Mabia languages spoken in Benin, Burkina Faso, and Ghana on Wikipedia, develop structured data for these languages by leveraging the power of Wikidata to increase the visibility of all the languages on Wikimedia, and provide general support for individuals and organizations interested in contributing to Wikipedia in these languages.
The overall vision of the user group is to incubate all the 16 Gur/Mabia languages spoken in Benin, Burkina Faso and Ghana on Wikipedia, develop structured data for these languages by leveraging the power of Wikidata to increase the visibility of all the languages on Wikimedia, and provide general support for individuals and organizations interested in contributing to Wikipedia in these languages.
- To promote awareness of Wikimedia projects related to Mole-Dagbani languages in Benin, Burkina Faso and Ghana.
- To establish the development of Wikimedia projects such as Wikipedia and Wiktionary for all 16 dialects of the Mole-Dagbani language group via the Wikimedia incubator, and nurture them to become full projects.
- To promote editing of Wikimedia projects in these languages by organizing events and activities, and recruiting new editors.
- To promote the development of structured data for the 16 Mole-Dagbani languages, utilizing Wikidata, so that these languages can become more digitally usable and visible on the internet.
- To equip editors of projects in Mole-Dagbani languages with the skill and ability for the continues development of Wikimedia projects.
This user group plans to hold and support the following activities:
- Meetings the user group will be organising meet-ups for its members in order to exchange ideas and to find ways to support them to continue editing the projects in areas where they would need help.
- Edit-a-thons to help new Wikipedians learn editing techniques, to create, translate and improve the content in all Wikimedia projects or work on and develop a certain topic that will in return promote the project.
- Editing contests the group will be organizing editing contests to encourage existing regular editors to keep editing Wikimedia projects and also encourage non-members/users to join.
- Photographic Contest and trips the group will also organise trips and contests to encourage users to upload and document files to commons which will be used in all Wikimedia projects.
Dagbani Wikimedians User Group