Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Talysh
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikipedia Talysh|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||tly (SIL, Ethnologue)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Talysh||Language name in English|
|Language name||Tolış||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q34318 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Project name||Vikipediya||"Wikipedia" in your language|
|Project namespace||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||"Wikipedia talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||yes||Files should be uploaded to Commons, but if you want, you can enable local file uploading.
Notes: (1) files on Commons can be used on all wikis; (2) this setting can be changed afterwards; (3) uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info); (4) localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons
|Project logo||File:Wikipedia-logo-tly.png||135x135 PNG derivative from a decent SVG image (instructions)|
|Default project timezone||Asia/Baku||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||Sərlohə||For example for a Wikisource which would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk"|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
The Talyshi language is a Northwestern Iranian language spoken in the northern regions of the Iranian provinces of Gilan and Ardabil and the southern regions of the Republic of Azerbaijan. Number of Talysh speakers with reliable estimates running arround from 800,000 to 1 million .
Talysh people can get Talysh Language subject at primary schools in the southern regions of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
- Project on Incubator: incubator:Wp/tly
- (note from changing to the new request template) Users who indicated their interest:Erdemaslancan (N), Tadiranscopus (N), Ilgar Mirza , Orxan Aliyev , Atabala Talıbov , Djtolish (N), Caesaro III (N). --MF-W 12:47, 14 March 2012 (UTC), Aliyev1 (N),
- Support --Tadiranscopus (talk) 08:43, 2 May 2012 (UTC)
- Support --Tuzkozbir (talk) 12:57, 2 May 2012 (UTC)
- Support --CarpeDiem (talk) 15:57, 2 May 2012 (UTC)
- Support -- Ackdeals (talk) 12:59, 12 June 2013 (UTC)
- Support --lankonboy (talk) 01:59, 3 May 2012 (UTC)
- Support --Ayten Huseynova (talk) 21:52, 2 May 2012 (UTC)
- Support --Madoj (talk) 01:59, 3 May 2012 (UTC)
- Support --Lik girl (talk) 11:51, 5 May 2012 (UTC)
- Support --Kaiyr (talk) 21:22, 19 May 2012 (UTC)
- Support --محک (talk) 10:51, 19 September 2012 (UTC)
- Oppose Despite there are many Talysh speakers in Azerbaijan, very few of them can daily use Internet and very few of Talysh-speaking Internet users can use Wikipedia, not to mention writing articles and somehow improving it. WikiNikki (talk) 19:07, 11 November 2012 (UTC)
- Support --JHeydar (talk)
- Support --Andrijko Z. (talk) 06:17, 21 January 2013 (UTC)
- Support --Aliyev1 (talk) 11:05, 4 April 2013 (UTC)
- Support: I wholeheartedly support it! -- Mirzali
- Support --Talisoglu (talk) 12:58, 7 April 2013 (UTC)
- Support --Aladdin Asgerov (talk) 11:47, 8 April 2013 (UTC)
- Support: Native speakers of Talysh have the competency and willingness to contribute to this project in the long-term. Hence the Talysh language deserves to be given the opportunity and priviledge to have its own language edition of Wikipedia along with the existing Northwestern Iranian language family such as Mazanderani, Gilaki, Kurdish and so on. There are 900,000 speakers . --Jose77 (talk) 21:04, 13 April 2013 (UTC)
- Support: Dəstəkləyirəm. Talışca Vikipediyanın açılması bu dilinc və talış etnosunun qorunması baxımından böyük əhəmiyyətə malikdir. --►Cekli829 05:38, 8 May 2013 (UTC)
- Support --Calak (talk) 18:41, 25 May 2013 (UTC)
- Support --Parthava 06:55, 28 May 2013 (UTC)
- Support --QatarStarsLeague (talk) 00:47, 25 July 2013 (UTC)
- Oppose Bodhdharma (talk) 11:42, 27 August 2013 (UTC)
- Support --Ganbarzada (talk) 00:26, 2 November 2013 (UTC)
- Support --ESGEROV (talk) 15:41, 17 December 2013 (UTC)
- Support --i support talysh wikipedia Meksikanets (talk)
- Support -- Knowing there is Wikipedia project in their language and that it's visible to all other Wikipedia users gives hope to people of a minority/endangered language and inspires their youth to start using it. I see some active participants (even if only three registered users within last few days). Frhdkazan (talk) 07:41, 30 December 2013 (UTC)
- Support --Ablay Tastankul (talk) 16:20, 3 January 2014 (UTC)
- Support--Ilnur efende (talk) 18:51, 23 January 2014 (UTC)
- Support -- تالشی زون فره خوویهlrc lori (talk) 13:06, 27 January 2014 (UTC)
- Oppose Talysh people do not use their native language and if this wiki will be opened, this will not develope. --Şeyx Şamil (talk) 16:17, 13 December 2014 (UTC)
- Support -- I wholeheartedly support the creation of this Wikipedia, it already appears to have quite a fair amount of content over 4000 articles, I feel the Talysh people deserve to have Wikipedia in there language, and I really hope that someday they will reach the required number of active participants and make the dream of a Wikipedia in their language a reality. Abrahamic Faiths (talk) 00:29, 22 December 2014 (UTC)
- Support, there must be a Talysh Wikipedia! Ilya Drakonov (talk) 13:33, 5 August 2015 (UTC).
- Support -- from Gilaki Wikipedia --شیخ (talk) 12:07, 26 August 2015 (UTC)
- Support -- from Gilaki Wikipedia -- Absolutely, our Talysh brothers and sisters must have a Wikipedia intheir national language. Talysh and Gilak are two neighbor nations and I think we must work on our languages to learn how to being in modern world. || Varg (talk) 11:42, 28 August 2015 (UTC)
- Support -- I support Talyshi language in Wikipedia system Vuzorg (talk) 20:26, 26 September 2015 (UTC)
- Support -- Азербайджан-е-Джануби (talk) 10:48, 26 October 2015 (UTC)
- Oppose--Baskervill (talk) 08:30, 6 December 2015 (UTC)
- Support. Ilya Drakonov (talk) 14:56, 6 February 2016 (UTC).
- This was wrong. We want to make it with Latin script. --Aliyev1 (talk) 10:00, 4 April 2013 (UTC)
- So it'll make Latin first, then convert into Cyrillic and Arabic.
Hello. Currently, Talysh Wikipedia is built on Latin script base. After our discussions we came to conclusion that Talysh Wikipedia should be based and developed on Latin script. Nowadays, most of the Talysh people are able to read and use Latin script. Even, books, newspapers, magazines in Talysh language are written in Latin script in Azerbaijan. This gives opportunity for Talysh Wiki to be based on Latin script. But in the future, persian and cyrillic versions will also be available. This will provide opportunity for the Talyshi people who use these scripts.--Talisoglu (talk) 19:43, 23 January 2014 (UTC)
I am agree with this because we need to develop all language in iran special Indo-European languages. I have known tallysh people since long time ago.I believe in patriotism and love in Iran. Let to keep both this enemy pan-Turkism and Persian root language .your Sincerely. doostare talysh & gilak and all the Iranian people in all the world.
I think, the Talysh Wikipedia is very big. It have more than 1000 articles.