Requests for new languages/Wikisource Hindi
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikisource Hindi|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||hi (SIL, Ethnologue)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Hindi language||Language name in English|
|Language name||हिन्दी||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q1568 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Community||अजीत कुमार तिवारी (N), अनिरुद्ध!, (N)Abhinav619 (N) Rachana dayal (NP), पूर्णिमा वर्मन (N), Eukesh (N) , आशीष भटनागर (N), V S Rawat (N), रोहित रावत (N), Vaibhav Jain (N), User:Aryamanarora (N), User:Sfic (N), User:Jayprakash12345 (N) User:Jayantanth (N) User:J ansari (N)|
You can optionally list your user name if you are an active contributor to the test wiki. Add "N" next to your name if you are a native speaker of this language.
|Links||w:en:Hindi The Hindi Wikipedia wikiquote-Hindi||Links to previous requests, or references to external websites or documents.|
|Project name||विकिस्रोत||"Wikisource" in your language|
|Project namespace||विकिस्रोत||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||विकिस्रोत वार्ता||"Wikisource talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||no||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||File:Wikisource-logo-hi.png||135x135 PNG derivative from a decent SVG image (instructions)|
|Default project timezone||Asia/Kolkata||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||"पृष्ठ" (Page), "पृष्ठ वार्ता", "लेखक" (Author), "लेखक वार्ता", "विषयसूची" (Index), "विषयसूची वार्ता", "अनुवाद" (Translation), "अनुवाद वार्ता"||For example for a Wikisource which would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk"|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
|submit phabricator task (includes everything automatically, except additional namespaces/settings)|
Hindi, the official language of India is one of the largest spoken languages in the world. Hindi literature contains literature in all Hindi languages, including its dialects like: Brij Bhasha, Bundeli, Awadhi, Kannauji, Marwari, Maithili, Magahi, Bhojpuri and Bihari languages in Devnagari (Hindi) script. I strongly feel it deserves its own wikisource.--Rachana dayal 07:41, 12 May 2008 (UTC)
Currently the localisation of the Hindi interface is 96.56% for the core messages and 84.65% for the extensions used in the WMF. There is always a need for help with localisation and proof reading. In a period of 10 days some 250 messages may need work. The price we pay for living on a bleeding edge is a need for continous work on our localisations ... Thanks, GerardM 10:47, 13 August 2008 (UTC)
- The Hindi translations are at 100% of the core message, however there are still untranslated messages for the Proofread Page extension which is very important for Wikisource. John Vandenberg 07:08, 13 September 2009 (UTC)
- There are still 159 untranslated messages in MediaWiki. Also, the following untranslated messages need to be translated because these extensions are used for Wikisource: Cite, Collection, Confirm Edit, Gadgets, Ogg Handler, Proofread Page, Vector, Licenses, Wikimedia messages. John Vandenberg 06:04, 27 October 2010 (UTC)
I will be happy to help translate the messages. Kindly let me know how to do so - I am not able to edit and save online. user:Shree ~~ 2011-06-06T09:15:22
- Interested parties, please note that the wiki has been approved, so further voting/discussion in Support of creating the wiki is not needed. As noted at the top of the page, a crucial maintenance script is currently broken and needs to be fixed before the wiki can actually be created. Further discussion here will not help that effort. Please Stand By, and the wiki will eventually be created. - dcljr (talk) 00:39, 13 March 2019 (UTC)