User talk:अजीत कुमार तिवारी
WikiConference India 2016 updates
Thanks for signing up as a volunteer for WikiConference India 2016 (WCI 2016). Here are some updates regarding the event:
- WCI 2016 will take place on 5th, 6th, and 7th of August 2016 at Chandigarh Group of Colleges, Landran (Mohali). Please save these dates. We will open conference registration soon.
- PEG request for WCI 2016 has been approved. We appreciate WMF PEG team's support and decision in facilitating this. We thank all community members who endorsed and contributed to this initiative. We are excited and look forward to an intensive month planning and executing WCI 2016.
- Phase 1 filtering of scholarship applications has been done. Among 450+ applications, 200+ applications have been shortlisted for final review. We are expecting to announce the results by July first week.
- WCI 2016 Call for Participation is open now. Please submit your proposals for paper presentations, lightning talks, and workshops.
- Please take WCI 2016 Program Survey and help us design the conference based on community's needs.
- Please initiate and participate in the Punjab edit-a-thon. It is a gift from all Indian language communities for the Punjabi community which is hosting the conference. The community that adds most number of bytes or words will be awarded a trophy.
- Please review our conference Code of Conduct.
- Please place any feedback regarding the event at the meta talk page. You can also join us for the weekly IRC sessions we hold every Wednesday and Saturday at 2130 IST at #wikiconferenceindia channel. You may also find frequent updates through our Facebook group and mailing list.
WCI 2016 Team.
P.S. If you wish to stop receiving such updates, please remove your name here.
Reporting and other updates for WikiConference India 2016 scholarship recipients
Glad to get in touch with you after the conference!
- Please give your feedback for the conference through this survey before 25th August 2016.
- As part of the scholarship agreement, please document your learnings and experience using the form here before 31st August 2016.
- If you haven't claimed reimbursement yet, please fill this claim form and post it to the following address before 18th August, 2016. Please attach original bills and boarding passes. Please note that we won't be extending the date any further.
- The Centre for Internet and Society,
- Attention: Mr. Ajoy Kumar,
- No. 194, 2nd ‘C’ Cross, Domlur, 2nd Stage, Bengaluru, 560071.
- Please upload your conference presentations at Commons under WikiConference India 2016 presentations category.
- Please upload pictures, videos you shot during the conference at Commons under an appropriate subcategory of WikiConference India 2016 category.
Message posted by Ravi
Thank you. Just a couple of things:
- Project talk namespace: Should that actually be संवाद or विकिस्रोत संवाद? (It does need to be differentiated from a talk page for mainspace articles.)
- Additional namespace: अनुवाद — What would be the name of that namespace in English?
- @StevenJ81: Project talk namespace should be विकिस्रोत वार्ता and please ignore additional namespace suggestion as I couldn't get it properly. Thanks. --अजीत कुमार तिवारी (talk) 17:23, 12 March 2019 (UTC)
- @StevenJ81: have a look at this :
| language_code = hi | language_code3 = hin | language_English = Hindi language | language_native = हिन्दी | language_Wikidata= Q1568 | new_language = no | project_English = Wikisource | project_native = विकिस्रोत | ns_project = विकिस्रोत | ns_project_talk = विकिस्रोत वार्ता | enable_upload = no | logo = File:Wikisource-logo-hi.png | timezone = Asia/Kolkata | add_namespaces = "पृष्ठ" (Page), "पृष्ठ वार्ता", "लेखक" (Author), "लेखक वार्ता", "विषयसूची" (Index), "विषयसूची वार्ता", "अनुवाद" (Translation), "अनुवाद वार्ता" | add_settings =
Wikimedia Summit Report
Wikimedia & Education Greenhouse - Confirmation for Online Course
|Dear @अजीत कुमार तिवारी:,
We are thrilled that you will be joining us in the very first edition of the Wikimedia & Education Greenhouse!
Through this message I'm confirming that your individual application has been accepted and you will gain access to the online course "Wikimedia Education Project Management" launching on July 1. This online course is a co-learning experience that will allow you to acquire new knowledge and skills to bring to your Wikimedia education projects, or to take that jump into bringing a project idea to reality — all while engaging with a global cohort of peers who are passionate about the value of Wikimedia projects in the education field!
At the end of this month of June you will receive an email with credentials to access the Wikimedia Education space on Moodle*, the open source learning platform where this course will be hosted. If you have never used Moodle before, do not worry. There will be an introductory unit with information, quick guides, and exercises that will allow you to get familiar and comfortable in this space before the main units start. If you want to learn a little bit about Moodle beforehand you can watch this video.
We look forward to seeing you there on July 1! In the meantime do not hesitate to contact me at email@example.com with any question you may have.