Talk:List of Wikipedias
Please see the following archives for older discussion.
- Archive 1 (2004-08-08 to 2006-03-21) — earliest discussion, before script-based updates (35K)
- Archive 2 (2006-02-10 to 2006-06-14) — mostly about the switch to script-based updating of the "All Wikipedias" table (51K)
- Archive 3 (2006-06-06 to 2006-09-01) — miscellaneous fixes to table formatting, vandalism reports, etc. (<32K)
- Archive 4 (2006-09-12 to 2007-08-04) — debates over language inclusion, automatic updates, depth calculations, etc. (70K)
- Archive 5 (2007-08-20 to 2007-12-31) — (67K)
- Archive 6 (2008-01-13 to 2008-12-23) — (53K)
- Archive 7 (2009-12-06 to 2011-05-02) — (39K)
- Archive 8 (2011-06-06 to 2015-10-07) — (90K)
Hey, I notice the local name for Old English is here given as "Englisc". This is not incorrect, however, elsewhere for intwer-wiki links, we have used "ænglisc" (which is also not incorrect), in order to more clearly differentiate it from modern "english". How should that be achieved for this link, also? Gottistgut (talk) 09:30, 8 October 2015 (UTC)
how to be my languge test wiki of the Wikimedia Incubator be orginal wikipedia.i cmplate translattion
- Discussed at en:Wikipedia:Village pump (technical)#Azb, lrc and gom languages links are red and phab:T120937. PrimeHunter (talk) 13:42, 9 December 2015 (UTC)
Semi-protected edit request on 19 January 2016
220.127.116.11 11:42, 19 January 2016 (UTC)
Japanese Wiki Reached 1 million articles
Even if it took so long, finally Japanese wikipedia reached 1 millionth article. The count today is 1,000,106 so it probably reached 1 millionth article on the Jan 19th. Source (here) おめでとうございます。 Napoleon.tan (talk) 00:58, 20 January 2016 (UTC)
- Congratulations to the Japanese Wikimedians :) You can add the achievement to Wikipedia milestones so it doesn't get forgotten. — Yerpo Eh? 07:11, 20 January 2016 (UTC)
- It is been proposed 4 times and denied each time. Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Montenegrin 4. You can always try again. --MarsRover 10:02, 21 January 2016 (UTC)
Is that visitors per week or per month?
Is all statistics for last month?
Stein S., Oslo
- "Users" means all user accounts created on a wiki since the beginning, the same number as on the local Special:Statistics page. — Yerpo Eh? 13:03, 25 January 2016 (UTC)
Is there somewhere where one can see the growth in articles with a "List of wikipedias" for previous years. So one can see how things has developed, say, each 5 years?
Best of all had been a list for each of the previous years? Has you spared any such historical interesting material?
Stein S., Oslo