Talk:List of Wikipedias
Please see the following archives for older discussion.
- Archive 1 (2004-08-08 to 2006-03-21) — earliest discussion, before script-based updates (35K)
- Archive 2 (2006-02-10 to 2006-06-14) — mostly about the switch to script-based updating of the "All Wikipedias" table (51K)
- Archive 3 (2006-06-06 to 2006-09-01) — miscellaneous fixes to table formatting, vandalism reports, etc. (<32K)
- Archive 4 (2006-09-12 to 2007-08-04) — debates over language inclusion, automatic updates, depth calculations, etc. (70K)
- Archive 5 (2007-08-20 to 2007-12-31) — (67K)
- Archive 6 (2008-01-13 to 2008-12-23) — (53K)
- Archive 7 (2009-12-06 to 2011-05-02) — (39K)
- Archive 8 (2011-06-06 to 2015-10-07) — (90K)
- Archive 9 (2015-10-08 to 2017-10-23) — (18K)
- 1 Error in the table
- 2 Cebuano?
- 3 Klingon Wikia
- 4 Kabiye Wikipedia
- 5 Updates for 14 January 2018?
- 6 "Total"
- 7 New column "Views"
- 8 What's the point of simple English wikipedia?
- 9 Uppercase missing at https://www.wikipedia.org/
- 10 Un MAmaguebo trafficante
- 11 Albanian Wiki
- 12 Ukrainian Wikipedia not listed
- 13 Turkmenian Wikipedia (170.) is not written in her own alphabet at Language local column
Error in the table
There's an error at line 213 of the table (Doteli Wikipedia) where the native name and the English name of the language are inverted, which fucks up the links, but I don't know how to fix it. Basemetal (talk) 15:04, 13 November 2017 (UTC)
- This is not a problem. The majority of the articles in the Cebuano Wikipedia have been created by a bot called Lsjbot. The English Wikipedia has an article about this bot: Lsjbot.
- Regards --NicoScribe (talk) 07:45, 17 November 2017 (UTC)
For Kabiye (kbp), the "Language" and "Language (local)" designations are the wrong way round on this list. The name of the language in English is 'Kabiye'. The name of the language in Kabiye is 'Kabɩyɛ'. Please can this be changed? Gnangbade (talk) 08:55, 31 December 2017 (UTC)
Updates for 14 January 2018?
? Total what? Bits/bytes/characters/words/edits? Apparently not articles, since there is a separate, smaller column for this category. I would correct this, but I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT SHOULD BE. 18.104.22.168 06:55, 2 February 2018 (UTC)
- Hi. Under the section "Notes" you will find the definition of "Total". -- Tegel (Talk) 07:14, 2 February 2018 (UTC)
New column "Views"
I have an idea to add a column with site views to the table. Here you can find it's first draft: List of Wikipedias/Table v2.
What's the point of simple English wikipedia?
- Look at several of the other longer, better quality articles there. You'd be surprised as to how simple the page is in comparison to its en.wiki counterpart. Unfortunately, we don't have too many active editors over there to keep all pages simple. hiàn 04:04, 25 March 2018 (UTC)
Uppercase missing at https://www.wikipedia.org/
In the language list at https://www.wikipedia.org/ nearly all languages but the Armenian in the 100.000+ section are given with uppercase first letter. Armenian is mentioned as հայերեն, rather than Հայերեն: How can this be fixed ? Darwwin (talk) 10:26, 16 April 2018 (UTC)
- I'll put in a phabricator on that. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. StevenJ81 (talk) 17:45, 25 April 2018 (UTC)
- phabricator:T193060. I suspect they'll handle this pretty promptly. StevenJ81 (talk) 17:52, 25 April 2018 (UTC)
Un MAmaguebo trafficante
|This edit request has been answered. Set the |
22.214.171.124 16:01, 25 April 2018 (UTC)
It seems to have disappeared from the main list. I had to pick it up from the External Link at the top of the page (sq:Faqja kryesore).
Others may also have gone AWOL. The intro talks of 301/291 Wikis, but there are only 278 in the numbered list.
- I have informed the bot owner to the bot that do the update that there is languages missing. -- Tegel (Talk) 18:05, 6 June 2018 (UTC)
Ukrainian Wikipedia not listed
- Also Bosnian Wikipedia is missing. --Agusbou2015 (talk) 23:32, 6 June 2018 (UTC) Agusbou2015 (talk) 23:32, 6 June 2018 (UTC)
- Hello! Bot gets errors on local data obtaining, probably due to technical works. Currently I stopped the bot and reverted page to last full version.