Wikimedians of Tatar Language User Group
|Languages:||English · русский · татарча/tatarça|
|“||Creating a reliable Tatar language compass to accompany our knowledge economy era global tribesmen in their informational needs.||”|
Assuming good faith of taking part in world Wikimovement and for realization of the main aim to spread free knowledge in all languages Tatar language Wikimedians decided to register a local organization.
The User Group operates on the territory of the Russian Federation.
- Developing Wikipedia in Tatar into most popular content portal of Tatar language Internet.
- Growing other Wikimedia projects in Tatar language.
- Teaching new generations of Tatar language Wikimedians, developing their skills through sharing experiences.
- Promoting transfer of all knowledge in Tatar language under free licenses.
- Cooperating with the governments of the Russian Federation, Republic of Tatarstan, as well as different organizations and individuals to receive grants and other materials to support promoting free knowledge.
- Realizing "Selet WikiSchool" project.
- Expanding Wikiclubs network in Tatarstan.
- Joining projects organized and promoted by Wikimedia RU (Wikimedia local chapter in Russia) and promoting them in Tatarstan & wider Tatar-speaking world.
- Article, Photo & other contests.
- Seminars, Conferences & other experience sharing events.
Tatar language edition of Wikipedia was launched in September 2003. At 2018 TatWiki will be 15 years.
Idea to create the User Group was born within Selet WikiSchool in 2016 when project under direction of Farhad Fatkullin started to realize. One year later first student of WikiSchool Timerkhan Shaikhutdinov became director of the project. He visited WikiConference 2017 & Volga WikiSeminar 2017 and presented Selet WikiSchool there. At May 2018 Spring educational session of the project finished.
In the closing ceremony of 2018 year’s Wikimania, held in Cape Town, Wikipedia founder Jimmy Wales announced Tatar language Wikimedian Farkhad Fatkullin as the Wikimedian of the year for 2018.
31st July 2018 Tatar language Wikimedians participated in press-conference organized by "Tatar-inform" informational agency.
Interested in participating
- --Frhdkazan (talk) 19:25, 1 September 2018 (UTC)
- --Тимерхан (talk) 16:28, 2 September 2018 (UTC)
- --A.Khamidullin (talk) 16:30, 4 September 2018 (UTC)
- --Әмир (talk) 19:38, 13 September 2018 (UTC)
- --Kitap (talk) 21:12, 13 September 2018 (UTC)