User talk:K6ka/Archive 1
Welcome as new global renamer. I am sure you know how to find your way. We have a mailing list to allow easy communication. Please subscribe here and send Savh or Trijnstel an email to confirm it is you requesting it. Additionally, you might be interested to know of the existance of the #wikimedia-rename IRC channel where you are welcome to join. Should you have any questions, feel free to use my talk page.
- Thanks! ;) --I am k6ka Talk to me! See what I have done 15:46, 20 June 2015 (UTC)
Please Rename the user account Vintage Yachting Games into: Dragon Genoa
- @Vintage Yachting Games: Hi, please file requests to change your username at Special:GlobalRenameRequest. --I am k6ka Talk to me! See what I have done 14:49, 28 September 2015 (UTC)
- @Brj312JXa0An1mO:, why do you want that username? That username is hard to say for me - change it to an easy way. --Allen (talk to me! / ctrb / E-mail me) 04:43, 9 January 2016 (UTC)
- @Austin Franklin (Football): To request that your username be changed, please see Special:GlobalRenameRequest. —k6ka 🍁 (Talk · Contributions) 00:58, 20 April 2016 (UTC)
10x for changing my user name
Where can I post an request to delete my old username along my contributions on the Bulgarian wikipedia? Not delete the pages, but delete my name as editing it. I much prefer to be shown as a IP. Regards, DenisWasRight. -- 220.127.116.11 12:26, 20 May 2016 (UTC)
- Sorry, it is not possible to delete user accounts at this time. You may request a username change to something generic (such as "Vanished User 502040050") but this change will take effect across all Wikimedia wikis. As it is now, though, you have a very complex rename (That's still in progress) and it's unlikely you will be granted another username change in a long while. You may request on the Bulgarian Wikipedia for your userpages to be deleted, but this is dependent upon local policy. —k6ka 🍁 (Talk · Contributions) 13:10, 20 May 2016 (UTC)
- If this is a very complex rename I would like to hear from you if it's really necessary to be changed now. -- 18.104.22.168 13:33, 20 May 2016 (UTC)
- @Error404hy: I think I see why. When you requested your username change here, you erroneously inserted your username as "Error404" instead of "Error404hy". I'll fix that in a bit... —k6ka 🍁 (Talk · Contributions) 10:56, 14 June 2016 (UTC)
- @مجتبیٰ: It takes people time to evaluate requests; please do not push people for a response, as it may garner a negative reaction. You filed a request less than 24 hours ago. —k6ka 🍁 (Talk · Contributions) 11:01, 15 June 2016 (UTC)
K6ka (an active renamer), i requested username change at Special:GlobalRenameRequest (at special page) but i noticed no change, i requested this name : ≈M≈. Tell me.__~MMGJ~ (talk) 12:47, 26 June 2016 (UTC)
- @~MMGJ~: All global rename requests are currently on hold due to some technical issues with the global rename tool; as such, they won't be processed until the issues are fixed. —k6ka 🍁 (Talk · Contributions) 16:53, 26 June 2016 (UTC)
my username in wikitech
- @AFlorence: Wikitech's account system differs from the rest of Wikimedia, so a global rename on Wikimedia won't affect Wikitech. I unfortunately have no access to Wikitech and so you'll need to contact someone there to have your account there renamed. —k6ka 🍁 (Talk · Contributions) 13:01, 4 August 2016 (UTC)
No renaming between November 20 and November 27
You’re getting this because you’re a steward or global renamer. The Community Tech team are working on cross-wiki watchlists. We need to add a couple of fields to the localuser table in centralauth database. In order to be able to do this, we’d need to run a script that will get in the way of renaming users. Our apologies – we realize this is getting in the way of your work.
(UTC means that if you live in the Americas, it will be on the evening or afternoon of November 19 when the script starts running, and if you live in Oceania or eastern Asia, it can be closer midday on November 27 before we can be sure the script is no longer running.)
About editing your comment on Steward_requests/Username_changes#1233thehongkonger.40global
I edited your comment from for usurp time from January 6, 2016 to January 6, 2017 as that should be the correct usurrp date. Cheers.
P.S. Copypaste sometimes doesn't work lol :P
-- Questions?| This message is left by him at 03:41, 8 December 2016 (UTC)|
Best Wishes !!
Hi K6ka, I wish you and your loved ones Happy New Year 2017. Dear, Have a great time !! — TBhagat (talk) 08:40, 31 December 2016 (UTC)
Happy New Year wish from Allen
Hi k6ka, it's Allen again! I wish you a "Happy New Year"! While I'm in a break from Wikimedia right now until I'm ready to come back. I "trust" you, and you (always have to) keep it clean as you're an active member and a rollbacker on a wiki. --Allen (talk to me! / ctrb / E-mail me) 20:52, 1 January 2017 (UTC)
Hi, I signed up in September 2016, but I have forgotten my password. I haven't created/edited any pages yet. Unfortunately, I didn't enter my Email, so I can't reset my password by myself. I don't want to create a new account - I want to save my username. What can I do?22.214.171.124 —Preceding undated comment added 11:40, 12 January 2017 (UTC).
- Hi. Unfortunately we have no tools available to help you recover your account if you have forgotten its password and don't have an email address attached to that username.
- If the account has not made any edits and you want to keep the username, you can create a new account and then file a request to "usurp" your old account here. Please follow the instructions; since we don't have a way of properly verifying that both accounts belong to the same person, we must assume that they belong to two different people, and thus there is a 30-day waiting period. After the 30 days are up, your old account will be renamed to a different username, and your new account will be renamed back to your old username.
- Please let me know if you have any questions. —k6ka 🍁 (Talk · Contributions) 13:52, 12 January 2017 (UTC)
I get you - thank you! 126.96.36.199
Please change username
Hello canadian brother. I like Canadians very much. I love you very much brother. I want my username to be Takkeli.
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Steward_requests/Username_changes#II._Niveles.40global --II. Niveles (talk) 17:35, 14 January 2017 (UTC)
Dear K6ka, As per my request for USURP, it is still shown in progress. could you please let me know what is next step ? if an abandoned account doesn't respond, what is happening? thank you in advance. Regards Farid69 (talk) 01:08, 27 January 2017 (UTC)
as per our last conversation and your advice (think of alternative new name).
when I wanted to get back to you with my new name's choice, you have been in holiday also "global renamer rights" of the other involved member had been revoked those days too! so I notified the target user (DejaVu) on their home wiki talk page more than 2 weeks ago.
with above explanation, could you kindly inform me, do I need to file new request? or not. Appreciate for your kind advises in advance. regards --Farid69 (talk) 23:13, 19 February 2017 (UTC)
- @Farid69: The username you wanted to usurp isn't eligible for usurpation, so unless they say "Yes" (Which may not happen anytime soon) then we can't usurp them. You can either:
- Stay with your current username; or
- Pick a different username to be renamed to.
- Be sure to check the availability of your desired new username by looking it up on this page. —k6ka 🍁 (Talk · Contributions) 00:13, 20 February 2017 (UTC)
- Thanks for help, I appreciate it --Alaa :)..! 17:24, 1 March 2017 (UTC)
Hello k6ka, I can't login after I change my username from RoboWikie to Balogic but the username change request shows that renaming is completed. Can you please help? My current username is RoboWikie —The preceding unsigned comment was added by RoboWikie (talk) 07:23, 21 March 2017 (UTC)
- @RoboWikie: The fact that you seem to have been able to post this message shows that you are indeed able to log in, so I'm a bit confused as to why you "can't login". —k6ka 🍁 (Talk · Contributions) 10:25, 21 March 2017 (UTC)
Yes, I logged in with the previous username "RoboWikie" which is considered as changed. But the rename actually didn't happen. Please help. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by RoboWikie (talk) 19:04, 22 March 2017 (UTC)
- @RoboWikie: The bot may have marked your request as completed because it saw this log entry, which was for a previous request that you have made. However, I've also noticed that you've also been renamed back in August 2016. Please note that username changes take up valuable server resources and are not something to be treated lightly. If you are aware of this and are sure that you want to be renamed again, you may file a request at SRUC (Which does not have an automated clerk bot, so you won't run into the same issues you encountered over at w:en:WP:CHUS) —k6ka 🍁 (Talk · Contributions) 02:48, 25 March 2017 (UTC)
Rename me to whatever
- @Pyrusca: We are not renaming sockpuppets. If you would like to leave, simply scramble your password and remove your email address from your account. —k6ka 🍁 (Talk · Contributions) 19:47, 6 April 2017 (UTC)
Hello, How are you? sorry to send here but can you please empty my page, because I wrote a code that prevent me from open wikipedia for several days to talk a break time, but I back earlier .Thanks--Alaa :)..! 19:05, 7 May 2017 (UTC)
- @علاء: Done —k6ka 🍁 (Talk · Contributions) 19:07, 7 May 2017 (UTC)
- sorry for bothering you again, but please clear it again, and thanks --Alaa :)..! 15:59, 21 May 2017 (UTC)
I want to be renamed
I heard that you are a global renamer. I would like to be renamed to miles527. If someone has already taken that username, you can change me to miles.527 or miles_527. Either is fine with me. Thanks. Miles.mu (talk) 21:57, 11 July 2017 (UTC)
- Hi Miles.527. I noticed that you have posted on other global renamers' talk pages as well. Please do not do that if you want a username change. If you would like to be renamed, please see this page. You can contact me if you need help with filing a request, but I won't handle requests made on my talk page or over email. —k6ka 🍁 (Talk · Contributions) 23:21, 11 July 2017 (UTC)
Needing for help
Hi, I'm from wikipedia Italy and I have to ask you a huge favor. My story is complicated: today for the first time ever I registered an account on wiki Italy with the username "ForSaleBabyShoesNeverWorn" ("For sale: baby shoes, never worn" it's the famous - or so I believed - 6-words Ernest Hemingway's novel, I never wanted to advertise anything) Anyway, my username was soon changed by masti in "Corsaiolo" (which means something like "He who loves to run"), as you can see in the "Steward requests/Username changes" page, but the block on my stands still, and I cannot contact IN ANY WAY the italian admin who blocked me, whose username is L736E. So, I'm simply demanding you if you could send this message to L736E for me, and I'll be grateful to you forever.
If you want a proof of my good faith, go on these italian wiki pages, and take a look on my (188.8.131.52) contributions:
Record del mondo del nuoto Record olimpici del nuoto Record africani del nuoto Record americani del nuoto Record sudamericani del nuoto Record statunitensi del nuoto Record asiatici del nuoto Record europei del nuoto Record italiani del nuoto Record oceanici del nuoto Record del Commonwealth del nuoto
(Now I'm 184.108.40.206, maybe because a few minutes ago I've tried to contact him by myself with another PC from the same internet connection)
Anyway, if you could do this for me, I'll be grateful to you forever.
Greetings and thanks
- @Corsaiolo: You can contact the user yourself on their Meta talk page. —k6ka 🍁 (Talk · Contributions) 19:16, 6 August 2017 (UTC)
Thanks a lot for this precious advice, and sorry for bothering you. Best regards, Alessandro
The whole thing ended in the best way, thanks again for the help!
Hello. I have a rename that is currently in progress that I would like to bring to your attention. Here is the link - https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Steward_requests/Username_changes#Just_A_Regular_New_Yorker. Thanks. J.A.R.N.Y.🗣 21:27, 24 July 2018 (UTC)