WikiCite 2018/Program/Idea pitches
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Idea pitches, in the context of the doathon (Day 3), are short presentations of an idea for what to work on during the day. We will have the following arrangements:
- 1 min maximum per pitch, with strict timing
- Etherpad with collaborative notes and as surrogate for Q & A
- 3 slides maximum
- Including one standard slide/ section addressing the following questions:
- How does what you’re doing map to WikiCite’s past, present, future?
- What would help you be more integrated with other WikiCite activities?
- What would help you move this idea forward during the course of the day?
- Including one standard slide/ section addressing the following questions:
- If you want to pitch more than one idea, use the #Round 2 and #Round 3 slots too. Keep in mind that the idea pitches are for things to work on during the day. For ideas of a more general nature, try to use the lightning talk slots.
- A maximum of three pitches per person will be possible, corresponding to the three hacking slots in the schedule for the day.
Please put in a tentative title, optionally along with a brief description and/ or a link, then sign.
- Toward an Unholy Union of Mix'n'Match and QuickStatements For Ingest of Local MARC Authority Files in Kinzie 6A -- Fernsebner (talk) 16:39, 28 November 2018 (UTC)
- Work on Wikipedia articles about newspapers, and get to know the grassroots Newspapers on Wikipedia project. WikiCite 2018/Program/Tamalpais 1A -Pete Forsyth (talk)
- Documentation of our workflows. Simon Cobb (Sic19 ; talk page) 18:50, 28 November 2018 (UTC)
- Adapting Fatameh to create Wikidata items for biodiversity literature on the basis of the Biodiversity Literature Repository. Requires adapting Fatameh to understand DOIs, especially DataCite DOIs. -- Daniel Mietchen (talk) 19:45, 28 November 2018 (UTC)
- We'll meet in Kinzie 5A. Some additional notes here. -- Daniel Mietchen (talk) 13:58, 29 November 2018 (UTC)
- Citation WebComponent: think structured <ref> for the web -- Maxlath (talk) 21:46, 28 November 2018 (UTC)
- Create more creators: training module development Slides Aap1890 (talk) 02:21, 29 November 2018 (UTC)
- We've merged with #16 and WikiCite Education and will be in Tamalpais 3B at 1:30
- Outreach to potential suppliers of data to WikiCite Btwashburn56 (talk) 04:06, 29 November 2018 (UTC)
- How can we help libraries to build digital catalgoues? --Satdeep Gill (talk) 04:34, 29 November 2018 (UTC) with User:Sic19
- Work on mapping existing long-tail indexes of citations & what they include; how to import public domain indexes; creating wikidata items about them; modeling wikidata items about bibliographic index, etc -- phoebe | talk 09:12, 29 November 2018 (UTC) - Tamalpais 4A
- Survey the current Wikidata books to measure compliance with Wikidata Book Project -- RaymondYee (talk) 15:48, 29 November 2018 (UTC)
- Hack on the Author Disambiguator - pitch ArthurPSmith (talk) 15:50, 29 November 2018 (UTC)
- Documentation of use of tool from user point of view - here
- Planning and working on integration of rights and content information for historic periodicals with Wikidata (example; may dovetail with phoebe's proposal above). JohnMarkOckerbloom (talk) 16:35, 29 November 2018 (UTC)
- A dashboard to track the progress of adapting projects to use structured citations. See MrMetadata for inspiration. (more info: Kinzie 4A) --Tgr (talk) 16:51, 29 November 2018 (UTC)
- Open Science Radio podcast recordings of WikiCite - as every year I would like to some recording of people, project and activities of WikiCite. I you like to be interviewed enter your name here. --Konrad Foerstner (talk) 17:03, 29 November 2018 (UTC)
- OABOT for Wikidata! --Blnewbold (talk) 17:24, 28 November 2018 (UTC)
- Wikidata lesson for Library Carpentry - Let's brainstorm about a lesson about Wikidata and WikiCite for library Caprentry (repo at GitHub) --Konrad Foerstner (talk) 17:08, 29 November 2018 (UTC)
- Merged with #6
- Clinical Trials in Wikidata and Scholia. — Finn Årup Nielsen (fnielsen) (talk) 17:08, 29 November 2018 (UTC) At the ground floor, black round tables near the sharks.
- documentation - WikiCite 2018/Program/clinical trials Blue Rasberry (talk) 19:17, 29 November 2018 (UTC)
- Wikidata/SPARQL jam - Where queries go to shine! Bring your questions related to creating maintenance queries, figuring out modeling issues and we'll work on it together. Good for folks both experiencd and new to Wikidata or for wanting to do something fancier with searches. Tools likely to be used: Wikidata Query, Wikidata Graph Builder, TABernacle, Petscan, Listeria and more. See Wikidata in Brief -- Fuzheado (talk) 17:10, 29 November 2018 (UTC)
- Fix & deploy Citoid with QID & Wikidata citation template for small language communities. –Susanna Ånäs (Susannaanas) (talk) 17:14, 29 November 2018 (UTC)
- List of language wikis where citoid is installed and not installed: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Citoid/Where_citoid_is_enabled Mvolz (talk) 17:33, 29 November 2018 (UTC)
- Non-technical contributions to Inventaire: translation, improving data and import to Wikidata. -- Maxlath (talk) 17:14, 29 November 2018 (UTC)
- Shape Expressions and data modelling, ericP and Jelabra Hammer slide at Goldman2A
- A dashboard to track the difference in number of citations on Wikimedia Projects and the corresponding items on Wikidata T Arrow (talk) 17:17, 29 November 2018 (UTC)
- Join all the WikiProjects! wikidata:Wikidata:WikiProject Source MetaData, wikidata:Wikidata:WikiProject Books, wikidata:Wikidata:WikiProject Periodicals, wikidata:Wikidata:WikiProject Retractions, wikidata:Wikidata:WikiProject ShEx.--Dario (WMF) (talk) 17:27, 29 November 2018 (UTC)
- BFF: Wikipedia-ORES-Wikidata & maybe Wikisource, too. --Rosiestep (talk) 17:30, 29 November 2018 (UTC)
- Please play with our dataset of all references with identifiers in Wikipedia, with topics and accessibility labels! here Miriam (WMF) (talk)
- Documentation for round 1: https://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/WikiCite18Day3_click_data
If you have pitched an idea above already, you can pitch another one in this round.
- Wikicite, VIVO, and Scholia: What about an expanded universe crossover? (lunch discussion proposal) JohnMarkOckerbloom (talk) 17:01, 29 November 2018 (UTC)
- Wikipedia's Cite Q citations in Scholia — Finn Årup Nielsen (fnielsen) (talk) 17:12, 29 November 2018 (UTC)
Using WikiCite in education. Tamalpais 3B - WikiCite in education. -- Daniel Mietchen (talk) 17:26, 29 November 2018 (UTC)
- merged into the Library Carpentry session proposed under Round1/16. -- Daniel Mietchen (talk) 17:33, 29 November 2018 (UTC)
- Let's play Mix'n'match together - Most folks have only worked with Mix'n'match by themselves in isolation. What are the thought processes of folks choosing Yes/No/Skip or Confirm/Remove? After a quick experiment at WikidataCon 2017, where a half-dozen Wikidatans collectively played Mix'n'match at a beer hall, I'm convinced learning from each other's Mix'n'match habits is a valuable exercise but rarely happens. Let's make that happen. We'll start with a 3 minute intro to Mix'n'match for those who don't know what it is, and then try playing it together with different folks "driving" the interface with their favorite data sets and we'll debate the decisions being made. -- Fuzheado (talk) 17:29, 29 November 2018 (UTC)
- SparqlBlocks for Wikidata! T210810 --Tgr (WMF) (talk) 17:37, 29 November 2018 (UTC)
If you have pitched two ideas above already, you can pitch another one in this round.
- Work on proposing new Wikidata properties (see some suggestions). Goldman 1C - property proposals. -- Daniel Mietchen (talk) 17:31, 29 November 2018 (UTC)
- Supplementary ideas. -- Daniel Mietchen (talk) 17:42, 29 November 2018 (UTC)
- Hackathon ideas for the SWAT4HCLS hackaton