Департаменты Фонда Викимедиа
The Wikimedia Foundation (WMF) maintains a professional staff to support the Wikimedia community and Wikimedia projects. The staff are organized under the leadership of the organization's Executive Director. They are primarily based at the organization's headquarters in San Francisco, USA, while some staff work remotely from other parts of the world.
The Wikimedia Foundation staff are organized into eight departments, each led by an executive. Some of the departments are composed of multiple teams and sub-teams.
- 1 Advancement
- 2 Аудитории
- 3 Офис исполнительного директора
- 4 Коммуникации
- 5 Вовлечение сообщества
- 6 Финансы и управление
- 7 Юристы
- 8 Таланты и культура
- 9 Технологии
- 10 Ранее существовавшие департаменты
- 11 См. также
The Advancement department leads the Wikimedia Foundation's fundraising and resource partnership efforts.
- Foundation and Major Gifts
- Fundraising Operations
- Online Fundraising
- Partnerships and Global Reach
The Audiences department refers to the engineering and product teams employed by the Wikimedia Foundation. Its mission is to build, improve and maintain the technical infrastructure of Wikimedia projects (software and hardware), by supporting and complementing volunteer efforts.
Команды продуктов, ориентированных на разные аудитории
- Audiences Design
- Design Strategy
- Product Analytics
- Program Management
- Reading Engineering
- Desktop and Mobile Web
- Mobile apps
- Reading Infrastructure
- Quality Assurance
- Readers Product
- Technical Program Management
The Office of the Chief Executive Officer and Executive Director includes the Wikimedia Foundation Chief Executive Officer and Executive Director and their immediate support staff.
Команда офиса исполнительного директора
- Movement Strategy
The Communications department leads the Foundation's efforts to openly and effectively share information—about the Wikimedia movement, the Wikimedia projects and the Wikimedia Foundation's work itself—with a global audience including volunteer editors, site readers and other stakeholders.
The Community Engagement department team increases the quantity, quality, diversity, and reach of free knowledge by supporting people and organizations aligned with the Wikimedia Foundation mission. We support contributors by representing them in the development of new technical tools, by supporting community governance, and by making grants to individuals, groups and organizations working on building community and growing content on Wikimedia projects and sites as well as related open knowledge projects. We are committed to supporting under-resourced and emerging regions, languages and communities, particularly in the Global South.
Команда вовлечения сообщества
- Community Relations
- Community Relations Specialists
- Community Resources
- The Resources team increases the quantity, quality, diversity, and reach of free knowledge by supporting mission-allied organizations and people around the world.
- Learning & Evaluation
- The Learning & Evaluation team supports learning and sharing tools for connecting community leaders to one another, to resources, and to capacity development opportunities.
- Trust and Safety
The Finance and Administration department ensures responsible management of Wikimedia Foundation funds and resources, in keeping with our core values of transparency and accountability.
Команда департамента финансов и управления
- Офисная IT-служба
The Legal department oversees all legal matters for the Wikimedia Foundation and facilitates initiatives designed to support and grow the Wikimedia community and the Wikimedia projects. The department's work includes policy drafting, trademark law, copyright law, international law, employment law, litigation, fundraising and grant law, domestic and international contracts, privacy law, ethics, internet law, and non-profit corporate governance.
The department is also tasked with carrying forward the Foundation’s goals of advocating for the free knowledge movement, including fighting for content online, facilitating community discussions about critical Wikimedia Foundation policies, building and overseeing good governance where appropriate, and working to improve legal and legislative policy to aid the dissemination and use of free knowledge.
- Legal interns and fellows
- The Legal department runs a legal internship program to educate and train promising law students or recent law school graduates in the areas of Internet law and free knowledge organizations.
The Talent and Culture department recruits and supports skilled, passionate people to advance the Wikimedia vision.
Talent and Culture teams
- Human Relations Operations
- Learning and Development
Технологический департамент создаёт, улучшает и поддерживает инфраструктуру сайтов Викимедиа.
Команда технологического департамента
- Core Platform
- Scoring Platform
- Search Platform
- Technical Engagement
- Wikimedia Cloud Services
- Developer Advocacy
Ранее существовавшие департаменты
Over the history of the Wikimedia Foundation, there have been modifications to the composition of the staff departments.
- Legal and Community Advocacy
- In 2015, the Legal and Community Advocacy department was split. The Legal team became its own department, and the Community Advocacy team joined the newly created Community Engagement department.
- In 2017, the Product department became known as Audiences.
- Team Practices and Talent and Culture
- In 2016, the Team Practices and Talent and Culture department was split. Talent and Culture remained its own department, and the Team Practices team joined the existing Product department.
- Штатные и привлечённые сотрудники
- Комитеты и комиссии Викимедиа
- ЧаВО 2015 года по реорганизации инженерного департамента Фонда Викимедиа
- June 2017 changes to Wikimedia Foundation Engineering group