Departamentos da Fundação Wikimedia
A Fundação Wikimedia (WMF) mantém uma equipe de profissionais para auxiliar a comunidade da Wikimedia e os projetos da Wikimedia. A equipe é organizada sob a liderança da Direção Executiva, e baseia-se principalmente na sede da organização em São Francisco, EUA, enquanto outra parte da equipe trabalha remotamente de outras partes do mundo.
A equipe da Fundação Wikimedia é organizada em oito departamentos, cada qual liderado por um executivo. Alguns dos departamentos são compostos de múltiplas equipes e subequipes.
O departamento de Avanço lidera os esforços de parcerias para arrecadação de fundos e recursos da Fundação Wikimedia.
Equipes do Avanço
- Foundation and Major Gifts
- Fundraising Operations
- Online Fundraising
- Partnerships and Global Reach
The Audiences department refers to the engineering and product teams employed by the Wikimedia Foundation. Its mission is to build, improve and maintain the technical infrastructure of Wikimedia projects (software and hardware), by supporting and complementing volunteer efforts.
- Audiences Design
- Design Strategy
- Product Analytics
- Program Management
- Reading Engineering
- Desktop and Mobile Web
- Mobile apps
- Reading Infrastructure
- Quality Assurance
- Readers Product
- Technical Program Management
The Office of the Chief Executive Officer and Executive Director includes the Wikimedia Foundation Chief Executive Officer and Executive Director and their immediate support staff.
Office of the Chief Executive Officer and Executive Director teams
- Movement Strategy
The Communications department leads the Foundation's efforts to openly and effectively share information—about the Wikimedia movement, the Wikimedia projects and the Wikimedia Foundation's work itself—with a global audience including volunteer editors, site readers and other stakeholders.
The Community Engagement department team increases the quantity, quality, diversity, and reach of free knowledge by supporting people and organizations aligned with the Wikimedia Foundation mission. We support contributors by representing them in the development of new technical tools, by supporting community governance, and by making grants to individuals, groups and organizations working on building community and growing content on Wikimedia projects and sites as well as related open knowledge projects. We are committed to supporting under-resourced and emerging regions, languages and communities, particularly in the Global South.
Community Engagement teams
- Community Relations
- Community Relations Specialists
- Community Resources
- The Resources team increases the quantity, quality, diversity, and reach of free knowledge by supporting mission-allied organizations and people around the world.
- Learning & Evaluation
- The Learning & Evaluation team supports learning and sharing tools for connecting community leaders to one another, to resources, and to capacity development opportunities.
- Trust and Safety
The Finance and Administration department ensures responsible management of Wikimedia Foundation funds and resources, in keeping with our core values of transparency and accountability.
Finance and Administration teams
- Office IT
The Legal department oversees all legal matters for the Wikimedia Foundation and facilitates initiatives designed to support and grow the Wikimedia community and the Wikimedia projects. The department's work includes policy drafting, trademark law, copyright law, international law, employment law, litigation, fundraising and grant law, domestic and international contracts, privacy law, ethics, internet law, and non-profit corporate governance.
The department is also tasked with carrying forward the Foundation’s goals of advocating for the free knowledge movement, including fighting for content online, facilitating community discussions about critical Wikimedia Foundation policies, building and overseeing good governance where appropriate, and working to improve legal and legislative policy to aid the dissemination and use of free knowledge.
- Legal interns and fellows
- The Legal department runs a legal internship program to educate and train promising law students or recent law school graduates in the areas of Internet law and free knowledge organizations.
The Talent and Culture department recruits and supports skilled, passionate people to advance the Wikimedia vision.
Talent and Culture teams
- Human Relations Operations
- Learning and Development
The Technology department builds, improves and maintains the infrastructure of Wikimedia sites.
- Core Platform
- Scoring Platform
- Search Platform
- Technical Engagement
- Wikimedia Cloud Services
- Developer Advocacy
Over the history of the Wikimedia Foundation, there have been modifications to the composition of the staff departments.
- Legal and Community Advocacy
- In 2015, the Legal and Community Advocacy department was split. The Legal team became its own department, and the Community Advocacy team joined the newly created Community Engagement department.
- In 2017, the Product department became known as Audiences.
- Team Practices and Talent and Culture
- In 2016, the Team Practices and Talent and Culture department was split. Talent and Culture remained its own department, and the Team Practices team joined the existing Product department.
- Staff and contractors
- Wikimedia committees
- 2015 Wikimedia Foundation Engineering reorganization FAQ
- June 2017 changes to Wikimedia Foundation Engineering group