Wikimedia Foundation elections/2022/Peer support for potential candidates
Peer support for potential candidates is a process in preparation for Wikimedia Foundation elections/2022.
As an adjunct to the Call for Candidates, this informal preliminary process is meant to help connect potential candidates considering a run to Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees members (current and former), and possibly also other categories with wide movement experience, who can provide mentorship and peer support during a one-on-one consultation session. This idea was initially proposed during the 2021 elections, and seeks to foster of "culture of invitation" so that potential candidates have someone helpful to talk to before they might choose to register officially as candidates.
Interested Board of Trusteees members (current and former)
- Laurentius (talk) 17:32, 3 May 2022 (UTC)
- --antanana / NTymkiv (WMF) (talk) 04:02, 4 May 2022 (UTC)
- --Rosiestep (talk) 14:27, 9 May 2022 (UTC)
- I'm elected in 2021, so Laurentius and antanana who is the current Chair are better peers, but --Victoria (talk) 18:57, 11 May 2022 (UTC)
How to participate
If you wish to participate as a candidate or potential candidate, sign up for a 20-minute one-on-one consultation session with the mentor of your choice.
Just list your username and your preferred mentor of choice from the list above.
*I would like to have a mentorship session with Aaaaa.--~~~~
- I would like to have a mentorship session with Rosiestep. Thank you in advance. --Tochiprecious (talk) 10:01, 10 May 2022 (UTC)
- Hi, Tochiprecious, and thanks for reaching out to me. I've sent you an email. Please let me know if you didn't receive it. Rosiestep (talk) 14:13, 10 May 2022 (UTC)
- I would like to have a peer support session with Laurentius. --Eugene233 (talk) 13:08, 10 May 2022 (UTC)
- I would like to have a mentorship session with Rosiestep. I note that I tried to complete this last week and in appears to have not saved so I may be too late, apologies if so. --Jacknunn (talk) 08:27, 20 May 2022 (UTC)
- I would be grateful for a mentorship session with Victoria.-- Gina Bennett / Redwidgeon (talk) 03:44, 1 June 2022 (UTC)
- Hello! I would like to have a mentorship session with Rosiestep. Kind regards. --Gilbert Ndihokubwayo (talk) 13:41, 01 June 2022 (UTC)
- I would like to have a peer support session with antanana / NTymkiv (WMF). --Joris Darlington Quarshie (talk) 20:56, 03 June 2022 (UTC)