User talk:NTymkiv (WMF)
Wikimedia Foundation Board Human Resources Committee
Dear Nataliia, Congratulations on your appointment to the Board and good luck with your work. May I ask you, as a member of the HRC, to take a look at Talk:Wikimedia Foundation Board Human Resources Committee and consider the questions hich have gone unanswered there for the last couple of months? Thanks in advance. Rogol Domedonfors (talk) 21:12, 3 July 2016 (UTC)
- Thank you! Done I have shared what I know at this moment --NTymkiv (WMF) (talk) 23:34, 3 July 2016 (UTC)
Wikimedia Foundation Board Governance Committee
Dear Nataliia, May I also ask you to consider the discussion at Talk:Wikimedia Foundation Board Governance Committee#Meetings. Thanks. Rogol Domedonfors (talk) 21:16, 3 July 2016 (UTC)
- Done I hope it helps a bit --NTymkiv (WMF) (talk) 23:34, 3 July 2016 (UTC)
WikiConference India 2016 program
Congratulations again on your proposal being selected!
We hope you have registered for the conference. If not please follow the instructions at: http://wci2016.doattend.com/ If you are a scholarship recipient - use the Wikimedia Registration option. In case you are not attending or unable to attend, please let us know at the earliest so that the schedules can be readjusted accordingly.
The program schedule is available here: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WikiConference_India_2016/Programs
Please make sure you read the presenter guidelines. https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WikiConference_India_2016/Presenter_guidelines
We look forward to seeing you in Chandigarh!
For program committee
- Thank you very much! I have registered. Looking forward to seeing you! --NTymkiv (WMF) (talk) 22:55, 29 July 2016 (UTC)
I am sorry that I misunderstood your comment and hence misrepresented you. I have withdrawn that part of my message to Katherine. I may say that I still maintain that there is a general pattern here, but it seems that the case you mentioned is not part of that. Of course I completely agree with the desire to make prudent and well-thought-out requests for resources. Rogol Domedonfors (talk) 11:13, 7 August 2016 (UTC)
"The Board should ..."
Nataliia, I hope you enjoyed your conference in India. Your presentation on page 22 says Active volunteer engagement with questions and tasks facing the board is welcome! In that light of that comment, which I heartily wlecome as long overdue, I invite you to comment on my question of 19 June at Talk:Wikimedia Foundation Board noticeboard, resulting from a discussion from April. Oh, and the section above, of course! Rogol Domedonfors (talk) 18:49, 13 August 2016 (UTC)
- Thank you, I have added all the links mentioned to the working page on Board transparency. I'll ping you when I have an answer to share about the future of the noticeboard --NTymkiv (WMF) (talk) 12:14, 14 August 2016 (UTC)
|Hello, NTymkiv (WMF). Check your email—you've got mail!|
Hi Nataliia, hope you had a good visit to northern India. During your talk, I had asked Asaf a question and you were understandably unaware of the context - sorry, but it would have taken a lot of time to explain all of that but I have added a case for transparency here just now, the links might give you some of the context surrounding it. Shyamal (talk) 06:52, 27 August 2016 (UTC)
I appreciate your comment about my "mysterious personality" being a potential obstruction to the serious consideration of the points I attempt to raise. Although I do not think it ought to be an obstruction, it had not occurred to me before that it might be and I will consider, what, if anything, I can do to ameliorate it. So thanks for bringing it to my attention. Rogol Domedonfors (talk) 21:09, 6 October 2016 (UTC)
- This survey is primarily meant to get feedback on the Wikimedia Foundation's current work, not long-term strategy.
- Legal stuff: No purchase necessary. Must be the age of majority to participate. Sponsored by the Wikimedia Foundation located at 149 New Montgomery, San Francisco, CA, USA, 94105. Ends January 31, 2017. Void where prohibited. Click here for contest rules.
Your feedback matters: Final reminder to take the global Wikimedia survey
(Sorry to write in Engilsh)
Uncontrolled spending increases
In my essay at User:Guy Macon/Wikipedia has Cancer I make several proposals.
Whether of not you agree with the essay as a whole, would you be willing to propose and/or support the following?
- Make spending largely transparent, publish a detailed account of what money is being spent on and answer any reasonable questions asking for more details.
- Limit spending increases to no more than inflation plus some percentage (adjusted for any increases in page views). Are you willing to support any limit at all on spending growth, and if so roughly how much? 10%? 20%? 30%?
- Build up our endowment and structure the endowment so that the WMF cannot legally dip into the principal when times get bad.
New message at Wikimedia Foundation Board noticeboard
Wikimedia Foundation Board noticeboard#Wikimedia Cloud --Guy Macon (talk) 03:59, 10 July 2017 (UTC)