|Wikimedia Wikimeet India 2021|
|Status||योजना रच्यमाना वर्तते|
|Begins||19 February 2021|
|Ends||२१ फेब्रवरी २०२१|
|Location(s)||अन्तर्जालीयम् (अन्तर्जालीयमाध्यमम् उद्घोषयिष्यते)|
|Country||वर्ल्ड् वैड् वेब् भारतकेन्द्रितम्|
|People||मार्गदर्शकः: तन्वीर् हासनः|
|सम्पर्कार्थं, चर्चापुटम् अथवा विपत्रसङ्केतः: wmwmcis-india.org|
Wikimedia Wikimeet India 2021 is an online wiki-event by A2K conducted from 19 – 21 February 2021 during the occasion of International Mother Language Day. This was an entirely online wiki-event with different components such as online workshops, presentations, discussions, etc. The event will mostly focus on different Wikimedia projects in India, and possibly a large number of participants will be from India. However, event participation is not restricted to any particular country.
The objectives of the Wikimedia Wikimeet are:
- Celebrate on-wiki work and achievements of Wikimedians in India and globally.
- Provide an online platform for wiki-learning and skill-share on tools, gadgets, editing, advanced editing, etc.
- Supporting inter-community discussion and interaction on various topics.
- Arrange training and discussion on current important and relevant topics such as Abstract Wikipedia, Wikimedia Strategy 2030 (these are two example topics)
- Explore the medium of online training/wiki-event and document the learnings with details for future usage.
Wikimedia Wikimeet 2021 attempts to provide an online platform for Wikimedians in India and Wikimedians who are working or interested in Indian content on Wikimedia projects.
Over the years, we have seen numerous important Wiki-events conducted by Wikimedians in India. A2K also conducted and supported many such offline conferences/training sessions such as Train the Trainer, Media Wiki Training, Advanced Wiki Training, and Wikidata and Wikisource events.
For the last one year, we have been gradually shifting our focus towards online training and workshops. Although the COVID-19 pandemic and the resulting related restrictions are a reason for this shift in focus, this is not the only reason to conduct such an event. Through Wikimedia Wikimeet we would like to further explore learning/greeting/meeting in the online space.
- May be referred to "WMWM", "WMWMI" or "Wikimeet" as well.