Wikimedians of Republic of Srpska
Wikimedians of Republic of Srpska are formally recognized group of users and editors of Wikimedia projects inside Republic of Srpska. Official group title is Wikimedia Community of Republic of Srpska. Community, officially recognized on 6th October 2015, is conceived and founded around the principle of non-governmental, non-profit and non-party association that achieves its goals in a purely nonprofitable manner.
This page aims to connect and bring together users from Wikimedia community in Republic of Srpska with sole purpose of expanding Wikimedia community in Republic of Srpska. Currently, Wikimedia Community of the Republic of Srpska numbers 50 members.
How can you join?
Those residing in Republic of Srpska can participate in activities beyond our online work. Those who do not live in Republic of Srpska, or are otherwise unavailable for work in the field, can still contribute through participation in one of many Wiki pages online tasks and project sites.
Projects and activities
Aiming to introduce Wikimedia projects to educational institutions of all levels in Republic of Srpska, Wikimedia community of Republic of Srpska has joined the Wikimedia global educational project and commenced educational activities in Republic of Srpska.
- Višegrad, 31st January – 1st February 2015.: Elementary school „Vuk Karadžić“ in Višegrad, 10 participants, 7 new articles, 2 updated articles;
- Workshops and edit-a-thons:
- East Sarajevo, 12th May 2015.: Faculty of Philosophy East Sarajevo, 10 participants, 4 new articles, 1 updated article;
- Višegrad, 25th and 26th May 2015: Wiki schoolboy: Elementary school „Vuk Karadžić“ in Višegrad, 19 participants, 19 new articles;
- Banja Luka, 25th May 2015: Faculty of Political Sciences Banja Luka, 20 participants, 3 new articles, 2 updated articles;
- Trebinje, 29th May 2015: Faculty for Production and Management Trebinje, 20 participants, 2 new articles, 4 updated articles;
- Bijeljina, 5th June 2015: Faculty of Pedagogy, 1 new article, 3 updated articles.
- Višegrad, 18th September 2015: Elementary school „Vuk Karadžić“ in Višegrad, 19 participants, 17 new articles, 19 updated articles;
- Višegrad, 10th March 2016: Elementary school „Vuk Karadžić“ in Višegrad, 24 participants, 18 new articles, 5 updated articles;
- East Sarajevo, 26th March 2016: College of Business Assistance Sokolac, 10 participants, 9 new articles, 1 updated article;
- East Sarajevo, March 23rd 2016: Main Library of the City of East Sarajevo;
- East Sarajevo, July 29th 2016: Main Library of the City of East Sarajevo;
- Sokolac, July 30th 2016: Edit-a-thon Trace of a Soul 2016 - Sokolac;
- Andrićgrad, September 24th 2016.: Formal exhibition and winners announcement of photo contest Trace of a Soul 2016 - Andrićgrad;
- Bijeljina, October 17th 2016.: Edit-a-thon - National Library Filip Visnjic;
- Bijeljina, November 28th 2016.: Edit-a-thon - National Library Filip Visnjic;
- Bijeljina, December 26th 2016.: Edit-a-thon - National Library Filip Visnjic.
- Bijeljina, January 23, 2017: GLAM/Edit-a-thon - National Library Filip Visnjic/Culture of Serbs in Bosnia and Herzegovina
Aiming to increase the number of free photographs and expand Wikimedia multimedia repository, the community undertook the following photo projects:
- 31st January 2015: photo-tour of Višegrad;
- 1st July – 31st August 2015: photo competition „Trace of Soul“;
- 6th July: photo-tour of the Višegrad city natural and cultural heritage sites in cooperation with turistic agency of Višegrad city;
- 1st July - 31st August 2016: photo competition "Trace of Soul 2016";
- 13th July 2016: First photo-tour "Trace of Soul 2016";
- 31st July 2016: Second photo-tour "Traces of Soul 2016 - Sokolac";
- 2nd and 3rd August 2016: "Meet Srpska" photo-tour;
- Gacko, Herzegovina, August 23rd 2016.: Third photo-tour Trace of Soul 2016;
- Bijeljina, November 28th 2016.: First photo-tour - WikiSemberija.
- Wikipedia, June 24th 2016.: WikiProject Women;
- Wikipedia, 14th July-8th August 2016: Large competition in article writing on Wikipedia in Serbian language - "Meet Srpska";
- Wikipedia, November 28th 2016.: WikiSemberija.
- Conference in East Sarajevo, 16th of January 2016: Wikimedia Start Republika Srpska 2016
- Čajniče, 12th March 2016: Serbian Cultural and Educational Society "Prosvjeta", "Wikimedia and its projects"
- Banja Luka, 2nd April 2016: Culture fair, presentation of the "Traces of Soul" project
- Meetings with community members in order to promote, network and share ideas:
- Community online meetings aiming to precisely define and prepare projects for the next period;
- Wikimedia user groups/Reports/Wikimedians of Republic of Srpska/Annual 2015
- Grants:PEG/Bojana Wiki PG/Wikimedia Start Republika Srpska 2016/Report
- Grants:PEG/Wikimedians of Republic of Srpska/Projects of Wikimedians of Republic of Srpska for period of July 11st to August 14st 2016/Report
- Grants:PEG/Bojana Wiki PG/Trace of a Soul 2016/Report
- Wikimedians of Republic of Srpska/Annual Report 2016
Contacts and networking
- Official presentationand blog
- Facebook page;
- Twitter page;
- TPO page (Te-Pe-O);
- Facebook user group (private);
- wmsrpskegooglegroups.com (mailing list);
If you would like to join us, or show support, add your name below:
- Википедија:Викимедијанци Републике Српске/Заинтересовани чланови (Serbian Wikipedia)