User talk:Jdforrester (WMF)
- Followed-up. Jdforrester (WMF) (talk) 22:17, 17 October 2012 (UTC)
Visual Editor status update 
- The intent is to "finish" development by July 2013 and then move to deploy it for all WMF wikis as the default editor, but as there is a significant level of research involved we may not hit this goal. Jdforrester (WMF) (talk) 21:57, 2 November 2012 (UTC)
[en] Change to wiki account system and account renaming 
Some accounts will soon be renamed due to a technical change that the developer team at Wikimedia are making. More details on Meta.
Rename timeline 
Are you planning to ramp up the notifications about the rename? Is there any special outreach to the most active editors? Is there a timeline for such things?
I was thinking that
- Some of the most interesting and worth-solving issues (e.g.: whether/when/how to redirect past instances of username; how to break ties; whether to allow users locked in a tie to resolve it amicably rather than randomly) will mainly affect the top 1% of editors
- Other interesting cases will be people who edit regularly but sporadically, and may not see the announcement at all
- Accounts with 0-1 edit are really not in the same boat as the rest, and the rest might benefit from proportionately more attention.