Who are we?
A Global Project
世界中の読者が毎年ウィキメディアへの支援を表明しています。ウィキメディア財団は、世界中のほぼすべての 80 通貨、20 支払方法、 50 言語以上で寄付を受け取っています。その地域での優先的な支払方法と言語による質の高いメッセージを提供する努力をしています。
Testing and Optimization
Operated by Wikimedia Foundation
For the Financial Year 23/24 Q1 and Q2 campaigns
- Fundraising emails in France – 19th of July to 8th of August. Here are some example emails, we test email messaging and you might see different variations of these emails: Email 1, Email 2, Email 3
- Fundraising banners in France – 15th of August to 12th of September. Here are some example banners – please note that we constantly test banners and you might see different variations of these banners: Desktop large, Desktop small, Mobile large, Mobile small
- Fundraising emails in India – 18th of July to 15th of August. Here are some example emails, we test email messaging and you might see different variations of these emails: Email 1, Email 2, Email 3, Email 4
- Fundraising banners in India – 22nd of August to 19th of September. Here are some example banners – please note that we constantly test banners and you might see different variations of these banners: [ Desktop large], [ Desktop small], Mobile large, Mobile small
- Fundraising emails in the Netherlands – 2nd to 21st of August. Here are some example emails, we test email messaging and you might see different variations of these emails: Email 1, Email 2, Email 3
- Fundraising banners in the Netherlands – 5th of September to 3rd of October. Here are some example banners – please note that we constantly test banners and you might see different variations of these banners: Desktop large, Desktop small, Mobile large, Mobile small
- Fundraising banners in Italy – 3rd to 31st of October. Here are some example banners – please note that we constantly test banners and you might see different variations of these banners: Desktop large, Desktop small, Mobile large, Mobile small
- English campaign emails (Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, the UK, the US) – 7th of August to 1st of December. Here are some example emails, we test email messaging and you might see different variations of these emails: Email 1
- English campaign banners (Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, the UK, the US) – 28th of November to 31st of December. Pre-tests will start in mid July and you can find more information, background, test messaging and add your own ideas, on the community collaboration page.
Community collaboration pages around WMF's fundraising campaigns 2022/23
Community collaboration pages around WMF's fundraising campaigns 2023/24
Operated by Wikimedia Deutschland
- Fundraising testing:
- Fundraising Banners:
Operated by Wikimedia Switzerland
- Fundraising Banner Testing:
- Fundraising Banner Fundraising:
- We have an FAQ for donors and one for community members.
- Please stay in contact with us on the fundraising talk page.
- IRC channel: #wikimedia-fundraising接続 (publicly logged)
- To report technical software bugs in Phabricator, follow mw:How to report a bug and use the #wikimedia-fundraising project tag.
- For a breakdown of how fundraising tech uses Phabricator, check out this wikitech page.
- For a calendar of all central-notice banners, including fundraising, see CentralNotice/Calendar.
See the full archive
Articles, videos etc. (here you find relevant articles about Wikimedia fundraising and finance)
Building a secure financial future for Wikipedia by Lisa Seitz Gruwell
Foundation 360 Building the relationships and resources we need to thrive Interview with Megan Hernandez, Advancement Department
The finances of free knowledge Lessons in transparency and impact by Jaime Villagomez
Annual Plan Conversations - Advancement and Finance and Administration Departments watch Lisa Seitz Gruwell and Jaime Villagomez take questions around the 2021/22 annual plan.
Five reasons Wikipedia needs your support (post supporting the 2021 English banner fundraising campaign) by Pats Pena
7 reasons you should donate to Wikipedia by Lisa Seitz Gruwell
2023/24 Q1 Update
The last quarter was all about collaboration between the fundraising team and the English Wikipedia community! In mid-July we launched the English Wikipedia fundraising banner community collaboration page and have been working with interested volunteers there since then. Collaboration so far has been fruitful and we tested new themes suggested by volunteers (e.g. disinformation and AI), we harmonized our style, and improved on suggested messaging. Fundraising staff also attended Wikimania where they hosted a working session on banner messaging. The session was attended by ca. 15 people, who shared their ideas and opinions on the banners. We will continue to engage with volunteers until the end of December but really would like volunteers who are interested to come along now as now is the time that we can accommodate more discussion and experiments around messaging before the very busy campaign management phase starts.
Next to the English campaign, we run fundraising campaigns (both email and banner) in France, India, and the Netherlands. We engaged both communities through a collaboration page (France, Netherlands, and India) and offered community calls.
Going into Q2 we are looking forward to further engaging with our communities.
2022/23 Q4 Update
In Q4, the fundraising team ran campaigns in the Czech Republic, Mexico, and Brazil.
We continued to iterate on our new approaches by engaging communities in fundraising campaigns from early on in the process by creating community collaboration pages. For the first time, we ran a fundraising campaign in the Czech Republic. We made adjustments to the localisation of our messaging based on feedback from Mexico and the Czech Community reached out to the Czech Affiliate to learn more about the new fundraising campaign. This is a work in process and we are constantly iterating and adapting to community needs. You can find some examples of the community pages below:
The team also hosted open community calls, where community members can bring ideas, ask questions, and engage with the fundraising team to improve the campaigns. We hosted two community calls in Q4 with Brazil (25th of April), and Mexico (25th of April).
Here is what our donors have said:
Through this channel I will write a short testimonial. I've always been thirsty for culture and I've always tried to solve all doubts about any subject. In the past, I used encyclopedias and libraries, but I was never satisfied with my research. With the emergence of Wikipedia I have always been able to solve my doubts. I always look for this channel and through the links I spend hours researching. I can no longer record in my memory all the subjects I research but the satisfaction in solving curiosities, even momentarily, is very great. I am very grateful to you. (Donor from Brazil)
Major gifts and Endowment
We engage with major donors to both the Foundation and the Endowment throughout the year via one-on-one meetings (both in-person and virtually), email and postal mail.