Thanks everyone for attending!
GLAMcamp Amsterdam is the second GLAM meeting/workshop for Wikimedians active in outreach to cultural institutions and is directly following from the inaugural GLAMcamp in New York in May 2011. Rather than an open community conference like Wikimania, this is a workshop targeting a small group of community-focused and technology-focused Wikimedians to kickstart the key elements of the glamwiki.org project. Attendees will also include key representatives of GLAM (and related) institutions who have a strong relationship with Wikimedia already.
- 1 Basic information
- 2 Schedule
- 3 Venue
- 4 Tasks
- 5 Social events
- 6 Organization
- 7 Visiting Amsterdam
- 8 ATTENDING
- 9 ANY QUESTIONS?
- 10 Final reminder - what's being paid for
- 11 follow-up posts
- Tips&Tricks for a (follow-up) next event. See here the GLAMcamp Amsterdam project manangement guidelines/documents made by Jessica Tangelder. 'Do not re-invent the wheel!': Program & Route book CLICK and the Action info CLICK. If you need any assistent or a projectmananger for your event, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Expenses—including accommodation at the Botel, catering for breakfast and lunch and - part of the - public transport costs - 10 euros - will be covered for attendees who require it, either by local chapters or the camp organizers.
- Netherlands information: Learn more about the Dutch culture · I AMSTERDAM official Website
- Dates: 2/3/4 December 2011
- Venue: MediaMatic Lab
- Public Workshop: http://glamcampamsterdam.eventbrite.com/ - Friday afternoon. Speakers include Dr. Margriet Schavemaker, Stedelijk Museum; David Haskiya, Europeana; Frank Meijer, Tropenmuseum.
- Accommodation: Botel Zebra and the neighboring Botel Angeline
- Parking: Expensive... Use the area 'zeeburg'. Check
- Arrival: Thursday evening, Departure Sunday evening (some may choose to stay Sunday night)
- Social events: See below
- Total number of attendees: Maximum 40 hostel beds.
- Cost: No attendance fee. Travel scholarships available for participants.
- Funded by: Wikimedia Nederlands with scholarship support from Wikimedia UK
#glamwiki- #iGLAMsterdam seems to be the popular choice
- Mashup: Link
- Etherpad: Friday, Saturday, Sunday
- IRC: #wikimedia-glam on FreeNode
- Commons category:: Category:GLAMcamp Amsterdam
- QR code: File:GLAMcamp Amsterdam QR code.png
- Lanyrd: http://lanyrd.com/cfkdg
Friday @ MediaMatic
Dec 2 Etherpad
|09:00-10:00||Arrival, registration @MM, housekeeping|
|10:00-11:00||Personal introductions and topic brainstorming|
|11:00-12.30||Plenary: Mass Upload & Metrics project|
|16:00 onwards||Until 16.45 drinks together then onwards to the De Balie Grand Cafe for more drinks and dinner.|
Saturday @ MediaMatic
Dec 3 Etherpad.
|09:30-10:30||Lightning talks 1|
|10:30-11:45||First Parallel sessions|
|11:45-13:00||Second Parallel sessions|
|13:00-14:00||Lunch & Lightning talks 2|
|14:00-15:00||Third Parallel sessions|
|15:00-16:00||Fourth Parallel sessions|
|16:00-16:30||Report back - Explain what each group's done, and what's left to do. (Please look here: Proposal on FoP)|
|16:30-17:00||Leave and travel to special event|
|17:00 Onwards||Backstage Pass tour at Amsterdam Museum then dinner|
Sunday @ MediaMatic
|9:30-10:30||Lightning talks 3|
|10:30-11:45||Fifth Parallel sessions|
|11:45-13:00||Sixth Parallel sessions|
|13:00-14:00||Lunch & networking|
|14:00-15:00||Sprint to finish
|15:00-15:30||Presentation of what we've achieved|
|15:30-16:00||What's next - Planning the future.|
|16:00-16:30||Leave and travel to Museum event|
|16:30 Onwards||Closing acitvity at the Philips Wing of the Rijksmuseum followed by a trip to the I Amsterdam sculpture, (take away) food around Leidseplein and will be at Boom Chicago at 8 pm (corner of Leidseplein).|
|Break-out Room number||Name||Location||Character capacity||Capacity|
|ROOM 1||De Stroopwafel||3rd floor/ MM conference room||fixed||14|
|ROOM 2||Vlaflip||1st floor/ halve way escalator||fixed||10|
|ROOM 3||De Haring||Ground floor, right-hand side MM entrance||fixed||15|
|ROOM 4||Pepernoot||Ground floor/ plenary||flexible||10|
|ROOM 5||Stamppot||Ground floor/ plenary||flexible||10|
|ROOM 6||Drop||Ground floor/ plenary||flexible||10|
|Wikipedians in Residence||
|What happens in 2012?||
|Mass Upload & Metrics system||
|Wiki Loves Monuments|
Other things? Please add them!
We are working on scheduling optional events for GLAMcamp attendees, more details coming soon!
- Thursday: Welcome dinner for those who've arrived. Nothing formal. We'll go out to somewhere near the hotel.
- Friday: Informal drinks with the participants of the Public Workshop
- Saturday: TBA
- Sunday: Farewell informal dinner for those who are staying the night.
- Witty Lama (Liam Wyatt) - Convener, schedule.
- Jessica T (WMNL Project manager) - Accomodation, Venue, Catering, Social, managing scholarships payments - jessica<at>wmnederland<dot>nl, JTangelder on Twitter or jessica.tangelder on Skype.
- Maarten Brinkerink - WMNL Chapter liaison, financial.
- Average high: 6°C (43°F)
- Average low: 1°C (34°F)
- 7 Day forecast
- Bring good walking shoes
- Bring cash for trams, trains, and drinks
- Bring WARM CLOTHES
- Bring an umbrella. Rain is likely.
Visit these links for a bit more about preparing for your trip:
Briefly describe what you can contribute to the event. If you for funding arranged and you're all booked, move yourself here
- Wittylama Convening the event. Funded by WMF+WM-NL
- Try to keep me away! Effeietsanders 14:02, 10 October 2011 (UTC)
- Raymond 06:20, 11 October 2011 (UTC)
- Elya 06:28, 11 October 2011 (UTC)
- Fæ (funding available from WM-UK including some non-UK attendees with no chapter funding available)
- Multichill 18:37, 11 October 2011 (UTC)
- Romaine 19:09, 11 October 2011 (UTC) - depends on the costs if funding is needed.
- Iopensa 10:09, 13 October 2011 (UTC)
- Basvb 16:36, 14 October 2011 (UTC) - Don't need flight or accomodation. Going to take the train each day.
- Johnbod 00:42, 15 October 2011 (UTC) from UK, if funded
- Nicole Ebber (WMDE) 12:05, 20 October 2011 (UTC) (If place becomes available in the botel, let me know. Also, I would appreciate a recommandation for a hotel nearby.) (WLM)
- Gmeijssen 21:46, 21 October 2011 (UTC)
- Siebrand Mazeland 23:56, 23 October 2011 (UTC) Product Manager localisation at Wikimedia Foundation, community manager at translatewiki.net, administrator at nl.wp and commons. Bounce off ideas, help in implementing i18n and L10n support for tools that are being developed.
- Daniel Mietchen 11:46, 11 October 2011 (UTC)
- odder (talk) 19:13, 11 October 2011 (UTC) — if I get a refund from Wikimedia Poland (up to 300-400 EUR at most, I think)
- Benoit Rochon: Board Director of Wikimedia Canada. Experience from GLAMcamp NYC, GLAM presentation file, Wikipedia Takes MTL, Digitization of herbarium, etc.
- Dominic 14:06, 12 October 2011 (UTC)
- ItzelP --ItzelP 16:03, 17 October 2011 (UTC)
- PatHadley 19:38, 17 October 2011 (UTC) - Very much hoping it's possible! Just awaiting confirmation from my supervisor.
- Marek.69 talk 22:22, 17 October 2011 (UTC)
- Finances are always an issue, but travel isn't normally expensive in winter. Courcelles 02:43, 19 October 2011 (UTC)
- Mr impossible - interested in GLAM and archives, contact point at TNA
- Mike Peel
- Mrjohncummings - contact for Monmouth and Wales outreach MonmouthpediA
- Brian McNeil - currently interim Wikimedia Scotland 'dogsbody'; looking to start some small-scale Edinburgh-local GLAM initiative in November; and, depending on that, would seek funding from WM UK (possibly unemployed at the time). --Brian McNeil / talk
21:28, 17 October 2011 (UTC)20:09, 25 October 2011 (UTC) [Moved from maybe]. Will be looking into starting a small project with the National Archive of Scotland around Soldiers' Wills from WWI. --Brian McNeil / talk 20:09, 25 October 2011 (UTC)
- Sky Harbor : Depends on funding.
- Noopur28 Would love to come definitely but depends on funding. (India)
- Danny B. : Depends on funding.
- --Kiril Simeonovski 19:04, 17 October 2011 (UTC) I regularly follow the GLAM initiatives throughout the Wikimedia movement, and use to be an active member to implement it in my chapter. We're still working on our GLAM program in the long-run, and I hope this is a nice chance to get more fueled before we start. Unfortunately Wikimedia Macedonia hasn't participated yet in the fundraising and is not financially stable to cover the costs to get in Amsterdam, so I hope to apply for a scholarship.
- Rastrojo (D•ES) 20:20, 11 October 2011 (UTC) WM ES approach. Depends on funding
- MikyM Definitely wants to come but depends on funding. I'm in WMRS team of GLAM program, and experience from this event can develop WMRS team. --MikyM 20:53, 15 October 2011 (UTC)
- Abbasjnr 13:09, 13 October 2011 (UTC) depends on funding
- sunkissedguy : Official WMPH Delegate to be requested for funding.
- Adrienne Alix (Wikimedia France)
- DivadH Europeana, contact for Europeana-Wikimedia content upload and Europeana - WLM2011.
- Jean-Fred 14:04, 27 October 2011 (UTC)
- Sylvain Boissel (Wikimedia France) 16:47, 27 October 2011 (UTC)
- Husky 08:37, 28 October 2011 (UTC) - No scholarschip needed ;)
- Trizek here or on wpfr 15:06, 29 October 2011 (UTC)
- Peter Weis
- Rock drum Depends on a number of things, including funding.
- Andy Mabbett - Outreach ambassador, GLAM/ARKive; presenter; GLAM/Herbert. Also happy to talk about templating, metadata, microformats & geotagging.
Subject to pending passport renewal going smoothly.Flight booked! Arriving Thursday am, if anyone's around.
- LauraHale: Need travel funding to cover flight & bus. (Canberra/Sydney to Amsterdam.) Currently a Wikipedian in Residence at the Australian Paralympic Committee + National Sport Information Centre, board member at Wikimedia Australia, and am involved in setting up GLAM outreach Outreach Oceania.
- Funding permitting Panyd 18:34, 17 October 2011 (UTC)
- Palnatoke - time does permit...
- B1mbo 18:20, 16 October 2011 (UTC): Funding covered :)
- Marcus Cyron 15:56, 8 November 2011 (UTC) - try with some others to get GLAM startet in Germany
- Jane023 08:06, 9 November 2011 (UTC) Wikimedia Netherlands board member, Wikipedian on en,nl, and Commons, volunteer at local history museum, big fan of museums and 17th century art
- Remi M., funded by Wikimedia France (and curator)
- Melanie Dulong, interested in contributing to the freedom declaration in relation with Communia PD manifesto
- Leutha : Definitely wants to come. Depends on funding. ACtive with WMUK GLAM team
- Akoopal 19:23, 11 October 2011 (UTC) Considering to come, won't need accomodation.
- Lokal_Profil: Depends on funding.
- HJ Mitchell | Penny for your thoughts?
- Ziko, president WMNL
Unable to attend
Final reminder - what's being paid for
- Flight - If you have a scholarship. Each person is different.
- Train from Airport to Central station - no
- Local transport in Amsterdam - yes, personal choice between either a Bike for Thu-Mon or 10€ for tram tickets
- Accomodation - yes
- Breakfasts - yes Fri-Mon
- Lunch - yes Fri-Sun
- Dinner - none
- Talking about GLAM, Wikipedia and QRpedia in Amsterdam and Hamburg by Andy Mabbett
- A very Dutch weekend in Amsterdam – Part 1 (Friday) by Rock drum
- A very Dutch weekend in Amsterdam – Day 2 (Saturday) by Rock drum
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to:|