Grants:Project/Rapid/Wiki Women for Women Wellbeing
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Content generation and improvement on Women Health Concerns
- Training the Women Wikimedians for leadership roles
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- A month long edit-a-thon will be organised and some thematic offline edit-a-thons will be organised by different Indic Communities. Along with this, the event from the stage of planning, will be a hands on training for the participating women wikimedians from the Indic communities for outreach activities.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- We proposed the plan during Wiki Advanced Training 2018 at Ranchi and to take inputs from the interested wikimedians from different language communities, a mail was forwarded on wikimediaindia mailing list on July 30th, 2018. A meta page to start the planning and discussions was also formed where the interested wikimedians signed to be a part of the event. We have also formed one facebook group for discussions regarding the event.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- Yes, I have some senior wikimedians in the team.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- All the language representatives are active Wiki contributors. Some have very little experience of organising an event, and they have been considered to train them for future leadership roles.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- We have nominated leads from every language community who will conduct, monitor the event and its progress and follow-up for their respective language.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- This project is an initiative to give basic training about planning, proposing, performing and reporting. The basic material required for collaboration, offline activities (if any) like handouts, stickers, FAQs, etc. will be provided to the organizers. This will help in exploring and promoting women leadership in different languages, thus helping in bridging the gender gap along with the usual accomplishment of content creation.
The project has been discussed with CIS-A2K and they are partners in the project.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events- 5-6 (1 in each participating language community)
- Number of participants- 10 in each community
- Number of of articles created or improved- 35 per community
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- We have discussed the project with CIS-A2K and they are supporting the event. Along with this, we have also discussed this with women from different Indic communities and they are actively participating in organising the event in their native language with their fellow wikimedians (local community). The details of the organizers can be found here-
- Wiki Science Month India 2018
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Venue & Food- 3000 INR (Per community) 3000*8= 24000 INR
- Local Travel- 2000 INR (Per community) 2000*8= 16000 INR
- Expected participating communities- 8
- TOTAL= 40000 INR
- Travel for visit to an offline event by senior wikimedian (for training or guidance) or organiser- 10000 INR
- Souvenir (T-shirts, stickers/ Diary/ Special Assistance)- 20000 INR
GRAND TOTAL- 70000 INR
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Great initiative --- Sushma_Sharma (talk) 11:09 3 सितंबर 2018 (UTC)
- I support this project as it is an awesome initiative to improve content related to women health and it engages different communities together too. SuswethaK (talk) 12:09, 3 September 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support Much needed steps. Tangible and intangible benefits will be there. Sumita Roy Dutta (talk) 15:34, 3 September 2018 (UTC)
- I support the proposal because it has more importance in Indian social context.Mulkh Singh (talk) 17:04, 3 September 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support: This is an a unique, extra-ordinary, and promising idea. The primary person is well-trusted by the communities in India. The theme selected is excellent. I am quite confident that this is going to be an amazing Wiki-event. I am personally supporting this plan. Tito Dutta (talk) 17:40, 3 September 2018 (UTC)
- Support Good initiative! - Satpal Dandiwal (talk) 18:29, 3 September 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support --J. Ansari Talk 20:50, 3 September 2018 (UTC)
- Support --Nilamkarn (talk) 05:13, 4 September 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support I also think this will not only be a project to produce important content, but also to improve cooperation between language communities in India and I welcome it as a clearly women oriented initiative by women for women. --Kritzolina (talk) 08:40, 4 September 2018 (UTC)
- Support The way this project has been designed is quite intresting. It really helps the Wikimedia projects (both online and offline communities) to develop capacities from underrepresented communities. I strongly feel that the idea of improving the content related to women and engaing women Wikimedians to organize this project will turn out well. The budget proposed is also very reasonable. KCVelaga (talk) 13:57, 4 September 2018 (UTC)
- Support - I have many, many questions. What Wikipedias are you hoping to improve? If you want to improve content on the English Wikipedia you will be participating with the en:WikiProject Medicine. Our project has very rigorous referencing and content requirements. We also already have a en:WikProject Women's Health, a project in which you may be able to cooperate. Best Regards, Barbara (WVS) (talk) 14:17, 4 September 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support Women are one of the most important pillar of community and to create project with them being at the centre is very important. This project is remarkable in the sense that it is educating both women about their well being and the volunteers how to spread their knowledge and resources to the women of our community. It is a very encouraging step towards the development of our culture as well as community. Jaskirandeep (talk) 07:54, 11 September 2018 (UTC)
- Support I support this project.Good initiative! ---Pooja Jadhav (talk) 15 September 2018 (UTC)
- Support- Aditi1601 (talk) 11:05, 14 September 2018(UTC)
- Support Sumanth699 (talk) 06:21, 15 September 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support -- I think such kind of event will help to get more women editors Suyash Dwivedi (talk) 15:16, 15 September 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support -- This initiative resulting into networking of active women editors across indic languages is important. They have taken up most neglected and least priority issue in Indian context. The topic has diverse angles for women in - rural, slums, tribal areas and adolescent age. I shall be actively taking part in this campaign. However I suggest organiser to visualise some concrete ideas to continue the same till Women's history month in March. The synergy evolved through this process should be utilised for long term team building for content development. सुबोध कुलकर्णी (talk) 15 September 2018 (UTC)
- A very capable team is leading this. All the best for the initiative. Ravi (talk) 00:21, 16 September 2018 (UTC)
- Strong supportThis is a unique Idea. Ananth subray (talk) 03:11, 16 September 2018 (UTC)
- Support This is very good initiative to reduce gender gap. --Gopala Krishna A (talk) 06:32, 16 September 2018 (UTC)
- Support I fully support this project. It is a fact that there is a huge gender gap on Wikipedias and we need more and more projects like this. Satdeep Gill (talk) 13:07, 16 September 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support for a noble initiative ---Rajeeb (talk) 14:08, 16 September 2018 (UTC)
- Support positive step. आर्या जोशी (talk) 03:46, 17 September 2018 (UTC)
- Support Regards --Wikilover90 (talk) 05:03, 17 September 2018 (UTC)
- Support Warmly -- Japleenpasricha (talk) 08:57, 17 September 2018 (UTC)
- Support --Sushant savla (talk) 12:10, 17 September 2018 (UTC)
- Support --MNavya (talk) 14:11, 18 September 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support -Nandhinikandhasamy (talk) 20:27, 24 September 2018 (UTC)
- Support --Sureshkhole (talk) 06:12, 25 September 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support Hope this initiative is made sustainable Vincentvikram (talk) 14:54, 1 October 2018 (UTC)
- Volunteer I shall work in mr language wiki with the community. सुबोध कुलकर्णी (talk) 07:37, 15 September 2018 (UTC)
- Volunteer We will be working for Bengali Wikipedia with the community.