Indic Wikisource Helpdesk
Indic Wikisource Hepldesk is a platform to ask or discuss topics-related to Wikisource. Please discuss topics related to Wikisource below. Before you start, a few notes:
- We'll generally discuss in English, however you may write in any Indian language
- Write your question in details and ad relevant/related links
- Sign your post with --~~~~
- Please add this page on your Watchlist
- If you can help, please answer other's questions; and also
- Please keep the friendly environment in this desk.
- 1 Sample Question
- 2 Difference Between Overfloat and Float template
- 3 taWS: not able to insert wiki markup in footer
- 4 How to upload files (size > 100 MB)
- 5 start section
- 6 How to upload new version of the text
- 7 How to upload big files in local wiki ?
- 8 Formatting Help
- 9 Formatting Help 1
- 10 Display options@aswikisource
- 11 Audio Speeches
- 12 Inscript typing
- 13 Case Study about Bengali Wikisource 10th Anniversary Proofreading Contest
- 14 Formatting Help for a Table
- 15 Where i can find the symbol circle to place in header?
- 16 NopInserter Gadget
- 17 Issues in Transcluding
- 18 problem in loading pdf page
This is a sample section. Here you should write your question. Please add relevant links, sign your post with --~~~~
Difference Between Overfloat and Float template
- Overfloat: floats a span past the left/right margin of the text, so it appears further to the left/right.
Float: floats text to the left/right without changing the alignment, and allows remaining text on page to wrap around the text. (answered from template documentation) — Hrishikes (talk) 01:19, 28 January 2019 (UTC)
See the footerWhile i am clicking to insert the button (<.small>), the code did not appears in footer. But appearing in middle column. why?Finally i inserted manually.--Info-farmer (talk) 01:38, 28 January 2019 (UTC)
- @Info-farmer: — I have checked. I could not find the "small" option. But I clicked other options of Wiki markup given at the page bottom in edit mode, and they did appear in the footer. Hrishikes (talk) 14:34, 28 January 2019 (UTC)
- @@Info-farmer: same for me. You are using old மீடியாவிக்கி:Gadget-Edittools.js, you may user மீடியாவிக்கி:Gadget-charinsert-core.js. Jayanta (CIS-A2K) (talk) 15:37, 28 January 2019 (UTC)
How to upload files (size > 100 MB)
I want to upload a Sanskrit text in commons. Its size is >212 MB. i compressed this PDF. Even then it is >114 MB. I tried to upload in commons. But I am getting the message - files >100 MB cannot be upladed. Please guide me. Shubha (talk) 07:29, 7 February 2019 (UTC)
- You can use the chunk upaload utility for uploade size > 100 MB file. there is the help page https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Chunked_upload. Jayantanth (talk) 09:38, 7 February 2019 (UTC)
How to upload new version of the text
While uploading new version will title remain the same ? If we have finished editing in the previous version how to move it to the new version ?
- Here is the previous version 
- Here is the new version  I changed the title little bit. Now it has become a new file.
- First You Have to decided Two thinks
- When your proofreading have NOT DONE any page, you can update the file very easily, by clicking below "Upload a new version of this file "।
- When your proofreading have DONE all pages or few pages, you have to confirm the pagination of the both book should be equal. If the both books equal pagination , then you can uplaod the new version and overwrite by clicking below "Upload a new version of this file ".
- @Jayantanth: Sorry I didn't understand how to upload and overwrite. There is only one option - Upload a new version of this file. If we have to upload first then what should be the name of the text ? Same as older one ? Shubha (talk) 04:37, 8 February 2019 (UTC)
How to upload big files in local wiki ?
How to install
to your common.js.
Global or foreign wiki installation
Note that the uploads always go to the wiki you are on! Cross-Wiki upload is not supported yet.
to your global.js.
Make sure you remove any imports of this script at Wikimedia Commons before enabling global import, i.e. check your common.js and vector.js (or monobook.js respectively) that you do not import the script there.
How to use =
Overwriting an existing file
- Choose the second option of the upload link of any file page:
- Upload a new version of this file (chunked upload)
- Fill out the reason field in the pop up and select the file to upload.
Creating a new file
- Navigate to File:DesiredFileName.ext. Please amend the file name before selecting a file to be useful.
- Press upload (chunked) from your "Tools" box in the sidebar, or from the drop-down menu next to the create (or edit) tab. The location of the link depends on your system and settings.
- Fill out the file description field in the pop up and then select the file to upload.
I need a help in formatting, I want to place Two Photos Adjacent to each other without any text in between. The page link is given below:
Formatting Help 1
I need formating help in placing once box over the other as shown in the printd page. The link is given below:
Hi. I need some help in configuring the display options in sidebar of As.wikisource. I translated the lines the mediawiki page but "Display 1" is still shown in English and "Page links displayed", "Page links beside text" these two options are not shown. Gitartha.bordoloi (talk) 09:11, 19 February 2019 (UTC)
There are several audio files having speeches of Gandhi on Commons can they be documented on Wikisource? I found something similar on Gordon Brown here.Any I puts on the ideal format would be of help. Thanks--Abhinav619 (talk) 04:23, 3 March 2019 (UTC)
usually we use alt+fullstop to type "॥", while using inscript key board. and press alt+shift+fullstop for "ऽ". These two symbols are used frequenty in samskrit shlokas. but both are not working in wiki. neither in inscript nor in inscript2 Soorya Hebbar (talk) 09:17, 21 March 2019 (UTC)
Case Study about Bengali Wikisource 10th Anniversary Proofreading Contest
Apologies for posting this here. This might not be the perfect place to publish this but I couldn't think of any other appropriate on-wiki page where I can connect with the Indic Wikisource community.
As an effort to document projects related to Wikisource, we have started by writing the first case study about Case Study about Bengali Wikisource 10th Anniversary Proofreading Contest held in 2017 with the help of contest organizers Bodhisattwa and Jayantanth. If you know about, or have organized interesting Wikisource related projects that you would like to be documented in form of a case study, feel free to reach out to me at sgillwikimedia.org.
Formatting Help for a Table
We are executing a pilot project to convert the Gujarati Wiki source book in Audio Format. One Sample Book is created s:gu:User:Sushant savla/sandbox/ંAudio Book. I seek Help in making this page attractive. where in the table has boundaries, all three columns have different back ground colors, alternate rows have shading of dark and light. --Sushant savla (talk) 16:45, 4 May 2019 (UTC)
- These are possible, let's start with having a look at en:Help:Table and en:Wikipedia:User page design center/Style. Or if you want I can make a copy of the content on my sandbox and start formatting. Regards. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 03:28, 5 May 2019 (UTC)
Where i can find the symbol circle to place in header?
in this page, I am using Letter'O' for circle (symbol). I want to place exact circle symbol. When i contribute, many times i need many symbols like copyright, phone, arrow.. Is there any exact list?--Info-farmer (talk) 04:18, 28 May 2019 (UTC)
- Here is your symbols ⃝ , ◯ use which ever convenient. Use can use சிறப்பு எழுத்துருக்கள் -> குறருக்ன், there u ca find basic symbols. For other symbols go to google and in search box type symbol name followed by unicode for example "Circle unicode" u will get symbol in search reasult, copy and paste the required symbol or use Alt keys. This is how i do it. --Sushant savla (talk) 14:16, 28 May 2019 (UTC)
Issues in Transcluding
I have Transcluded this Book I have issue in Page Border. The Outer border of Page iPage 1 The page border of page 1 of the book is extended on etire trancluded book page.It should be limited to page 1 only. kindly help--Sushant savla (talk) 07:02, 9 June 2019 (UTC)
problem in loading pdf page
@Jayantanth:There is a problem with some books regarding loading pdf page. eg-अलङ्कारमणिहारः (भागः ३). The source file in commons is also effected. But it hasn't deletedSoorya Hebbar (talk) 11:40, 9 July 2019 (UTC).