Jump to content

User talk:Bennylin

Add topic
From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
Latest comment: 2 years ago by MarcoAurelio in topic File:Nulisa.png nominated for deletion

ꦲ​ꦤ​ꦕꦫ​ꦏ​ ꦢ​ꦠ​ꦱ​ꦮ​ꦭ​ ꦥ​ꦝ​ꦗ​ꦪ​ꦚ​ ꦩ​ꦒ​ꦧ​ꦛꦔ​ Archive

Afrikaans | العربية | অসমীয়া | asturianu | azərbaycanca | Boarisch | беларуская | беларуская (тарашкевіца) | български | ပအိုဝ်ႏဘာႏသာႏ | বাংলা | བོད་ཡིག | bosanski | català | کوردی | corsu | čeština | Cymraeg | dansk | Deutsch | Deutsch (Sie-Form) | Zazaki | ދިވެހިބަސް | Ελληνικά | emiliàn e rumagnòl | English | Esperanto | español | eesti | euskara | فارسی | suomi | français | Nordfriisk | Frysk | galego | Alemannisch | ગુજરાતી | עברית | हिन्दी | Fiji Hindi | hrvatski | magyar | հայերեն | interlingua | Bahasa Indonesia | Ido | íslenska | italiano | 日本語 | ქართული | ភាសាខ្មែរ | 한국어 | Qaraqalpaqsha | kar | kurdî | Limburgs | ລາວ | lietuvių | Minangkabau | македонски | മലയാളം | молдовеняскэ | Bahasa Melayu | မြန်မာဘာသာ | مازِرونی | Napulitano | नेपाली | Nederlands | norsk nynorsk | norsk | occitan | Kapampangan | Norfuk / Pitkern | polski | português | português do Brasil | پښتو | Runa Simi | română | русский | संस्कृतम् | sicilianu | سنڌي | Taclḥit | සිංහල | slovenčina | slovenščina | Soomaaliga | shqip | српски / srpski | svenska | ꠍꠤꠟꠐꠤ | ślůnski | தமிழ் | тоҷикӣ | ไทย | Türkmençe | Tagalog | Türkçe | татарча / tatarça | ⵜⴰⵎⴰⵣⵉⵖⵜ  | українська | اردو | oʻzbekcha / ўзбекча | vèneto | Tiếng Việt | 吴语 | 粵語 | 中文(简体) | 中文(繁體) | +/-

Selamat Datang ke Meta![edit]

Halo Bennylin!, dan Selamat Datang di Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! Situs web ini berperan sebagai tempat koordinasi dan diskusi mengenai seluruh proyek-proyek Wikimedia. Mungkin akan bermanfaat bagi Anda untuk membaca halaman kebijakan kami. Jika Anda tertarik untuk melakukan penerjemahan, kunjungi Meta:Babylon. Anda juga dapat meninggalkan pesan di Meta:Babel atau Wikimedia Forum (bacalah petunjuk di bagian atas halaman tersebut sebelum meninggalkan pesan di sana). Selamat menyunting! — Mikhailov Kusserow (talk) 09:09, 23 July 2009 (UTC)Reply

About the proposal you added not long ago[edit]

You should put your new proposal on the bottom of the section "Two-thirds majority in favour", following the format:

=== [[:<language code>:<the article's name>]] === '''{{TOWCandidates|Support = 11|Oppose = 0}}''' Description of the article's theme. (optional) '''Suppose''' #<the reason that you support> (optional)--~~~~ '''Oppose''' '''Comment'''

For example,

=== [[:id:Keraton Ngayogyakarta Hadiningrat]] === '''{{TOWCandidates|Support = 1|Oppose = 0}}''' The Palace of Yogyakarta. '''Suppose''' #Is featured in Indonesian Wikipedia and the topic is important.--~~~~ '''Oppose''' '''Comment''' .--RekishiEJ 13:04, 5 March 2010 (UTC)Reply

Thanks. Appreciate your information. Bennylin 13:24, 5 March 2010 (UTC)Reply

Translation Update[edit]

I want to thank you for your help translating throughout this year's fundraiser. The fundraiser has greatly benefited from all your contributions. Currently, the Kartika, Liliaroja, Abbas and Joan Gomà appeals need to be translated, as we are running appeals from editors. You can find all translation requests at the translation hub on meta and you can follow the progress of the fundraiser in real time by tracking the fundraiser statistics. It is important to check the Core Messages as many languages still need updating. Also if you haven't already, you can subscribe to the translators-l mailing list for all new requests and major changes. Many thanks for your help in truly making this a global fundraiser that you can edit.Klyman 19:34, 7 December 2010 (UTC)Reply

I have subscribed to translators-l. Thanks. Bennylin 14:08, 8 December 2010 (UTC)Reply

Pernah pikiran[edit]

Thanks for your answer. Wish you become a steward in the future. Good luck! --minhhuy*= 11:33, 20 January 2011 (UTC)Reply

Account of deceased Wikimedians[edit]

As I read this article by BBC, I can't help but thinking about Wikimedians who passed away. What should happen to their accounts and contributions? What if the family willed for the information to be deleted? What are the policy for dealing with that event? Has anyone wrote/discussed about this (in any projects)? Is there any example of such an account? Bennylin 09:40, 24 January 2011 (UTC)Reply

Do you know this page? Wutsje 09:45, 24 January 2011 (UTC)Reply
No, I didn't. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. Bennylin 10:44, 24 January 2011 (UTC)Reply


Hello Bennylin, just translated your statement into Shqip, wanted to wish you luck on becoming a steward! Kolrok | ₪talk₪

Thank you very much. I do appreciate it. Bennylin 16:29, 9 February 2011 (UTC)Reply

IRC cloak request[edit]

I'm learning to use IRC. Bennylin 13:16, 8 February 2011 (UTC)Reply

Translator, We need you![edit]

Dear Bennylin,

You have helped us in previous years with translations and for that we are most grateful. Now we turn towards the 2011/12 fundraiser. It may seem forever away, but work has already begun getting everything ready to go. This year we want to have landing pages covering as many countries in as many languages as possible.

Right now, we want to figure out who is interested in translating for the fundraiser. This year we're hoping to have more of a solidified "core" group of translators that we can count on to have work done by a few key dates, but we'd also welcome help from people who are willing to just help out when they can.

If you would be interested please take a look at this little sign-up survey and fill it out http://survey.wikimedia.org/index.php?sid=13638&newtest=Y&lang=en. With that we can start building a list of people and filling any gaps in the languages we serve.

Many Thanks

Joseph Seddon (User:Jseddon (WMF))

Production Coordinator
Wikimedia Foundation
Jseddon (WMF) 01:00, 9 July 2011 (UTC)Reply


No problem, you're welcome ! ;) -- Quentinv57 (talk) 16:31, 5 September 2011 (UTC)Reply

Thanks for your translation of my statement :) a×pdeHello! 20:35, 10 September 2011 (UTC)Reply

U r welcome. Good luck for you. Bennylin 20:45, 10 September 2011 (UTC)Reply

Vote changed from no to yes[edit]

Hi Bennylin,

I've changed my vote from no to yes. Thanks for arranging for the GoogleTrans gadget to be updated (so now it supports ie9). Good luck. Unfortunately, Google is ending their language API v1 (noncommercial) on 1 december 2011. They have a V2 of their language API (on commercial terms). So as of now it looks as if the GoogleTrans gadget is going off the air on 1 december. I am asking Google now if they would consider in-kind donations to keep the gadget working. I can convert it over to Microsoft's language API but they charge after 1000 requests per month (and there are 17,000 users on the enwiki alone besides 10 other wikis). I'm telling you this because, if you do get to be a steward, you'll should know this, since many people translate articles between the enwiki and other wikis, and every once in a while they want to know what a word (or sentence) means in their language (and so use GoogleTrans). Endo999 19:49, 29 September 2011 (UTC)Reply

Hours countdown[edit]

Hello, Mr. Benny!

Guess what I mean, please!!!

24..., 23..., 22..., 21..., 20..., 19..., to be continued..., 18..., 17..., 16..., 15..., 14..., 13..., to be continued..., --> Wagino 20100516 10:27, 6 October 2011 (UTC)Reply

I know.. I know :) Many thanks for you and the others... Will send a formal thank you for the community soon. Bennylin

Oop's..., yes!!!

12..., 11..., 10..., 9..., 8..., 7..., to be continued..., 6..., 5..., 4..., 3..., 2..., 1..., Finish..., --> Wagino 20100516 00:24, 7 October 2011 (UTC)Reply


Based on the results of the vote, according to the percentage obtained, ensure that you have been elected as a steward. Hopefully you can carry out the mandate of the international community with the wise and prudent.

Personally I am very pleased and proud with the results you achieve. Let us work to advance the Wikimedia Foundation. Regards. Wagino 20100516 00:37, 7 October 2011 (UTC)Reply

Congratulations and welcome new steward![edit]

Get ready to be vandalized!

Welcome to the team. As you already know great access come with great responsibilities, so lets talk about some of the places you should have access but you may not have yet (yes, that means you need to ask someone). Being a new steward myself, I also do not know all of them or what I know might be wrong. This is just a personal congratulation message from me to you and the purpose is to introduce (yet again, yes!) with my damn good helping intention and irritating sense of humor!

You all have been added to steward list and chart here on Meta by me (please check if I have screwed myself there). You are eligible to make your intrusion to private IRC channels #wikimedia-checkuser and #wikimedia-privacy. You should have the access already, but if you do not have it yet please bother Barras or DerHexer for your bit (and aye, you should have a registered nickname with a cloak for that). You also have the right to have an account on some private wikis like steward wiki and checkuser wiki (to vandalize of course). Pardon me Your Majesty, but I have no damn idea about who to ask for access in these wikis, ask an existing steward instead. And last but not least, checkuser-l (yell at Mardetanha or Matanya for access) and stewards-l (pay Dungodung for the access) are two private mailing lists that you should have access to screw each other privately.

Thank you very much for being patient!
Pardon me in case you already know all of these!

Lets shut up and abuse our gumdrop buttons!

An open call from Tanvir the no0b stew!
Thursday, 40th week of the Anno Domini 2011, 20:15
Do not think you have been promoted yesterday, actually it is the correct standard time in Papeete! o.O

Because of my troublesome flash memory, I forgot to tell you that I have shoved you in StewardBot's brain, but not in its mouth so you might not get the ping, but it will remember you as a steward. To get the pings with !steward and @steward you have to pay Dungodung again (it is a shame I know)! — Tanvir | Talk ] 07:29, 7 October 2011 (UTC)Reply

New steward![edit]

I congratulate you! --►Safir yüzüklü Ceklimesaj 08:30, 7 October 2011 (UTC)Reply


Link fixed.--Mohamed ElGedawy Talk 11:42, 4 November 2011 (UTC)Reply

Sorry for the late reply. It has been done. Bennylin 06:26, 9 November 2011 (UTC)Reply

Is it allowed in Wikipedia?[edit]

To keep in the pages of wiki Administrator's personnel thesis? at http://sd.wikipedia.org ? Other problem is We call Computer as same in English, but admin forcibly used his word Ganpukar of Computer. I have proof that thousands of published books called it Computer not Ganpukar. If some one oppose him he started abusive language. That is the reason sd.wikipedia.org never got attraction to Sindhi community. Plz check record there. Other things are he locked CSS due to that on the same site there are lot of font styles appeared there. He is not able to set commonCSS or Monocss. We are in trouble to work in our local Sindhi language. I don't know where to say for this problem. Record history says all the situation there. I appeal plz warn him to follow en.wikipedia.org rules, other wise he will continue use his personnel details and personnel promoted articles there. Dear I am sorry If u r not right person to say all about this, Plz suggest me where I can raise this issue. My sd.wikipedia.org ID is same. His thesis is not a violetion? http://sd.wikipedia.org/wiki/ماحولياتي_انتظام_ڪاڻ_اُپُگِرَهِي_عَڪس_ضماءُ_۽_درجه_بنديءَ_جي_طريقن_جو_اَڀياس

Alixafar 01:02, 22 November 2011 (UTC)Reply

oh steward terbaikku[edit]

Halo steward pujaanku Bennylin, ini aku erik evrest yang tidak dapat log in karena saya diduga "kerjanya" hanya canvassing terus di seluruh Wikimedia. Padahal sebetulnya saya juga berkontribusi seperti user normal lainnya seperti yang Anda tau terutama di Wikipedia bahasa Indonesia, Wikipedia bahasa Jawa, dan juga di Wikipedia bahasa Melayu. Dan saya janji jika saya diperbolehkan untuk log in lagi saya tidak akan melakukan kegiatan canvassing lagi. -- 08:03, 28 December 2011 (UTC)Reply

A barnstar for you![edit]

This barnstar is given to you for your help with the 2011 fundraiser translation.
This barnstar is given to you for your help with the 2011 fundraiser translation.

Hi! I just want to thank you and give you this barnstar for your help with the translation of the 2011 fundraiser! The fundraiser was the best we ever had, both in terms of the amount we collected and in terms of number of translations. We couldn't have done either one without the help we got from you and other translators. If you are interested, we made a report, which has some statistics about the translations.

And: I have one more request, and that is that you take this survey. You may have got an e-mail about it, and if you did, please ignore this. But if you didn't it would be great if you would take this survey too, so we can learn to improve the translation experience.

Again, thanks for your help with translations – you're awesome! Jon Harald Søby (WMF) 13:26, 24 January 2012 (UTC)Reply


Sudah mas, silakan dilihat di halaman ini. rieMOGerz 12:51, 28 January 2012 (UTC)Reply

Iya mas, makasih untuk sarannya. Oh iya, Apakah Anda bisa membantu menjalankan fungsi bot seperti halnya Bot-nya Borgx ? Terutama sekali pada bagian ini yang ingin saya pelajari ? Sayangnya sudah tidak ada lagi, bisakah Anda membantu saya ? rieMOGerz 06:12, 30 May 2012 (UTC)Reply


Hi Bennylin,

I see that you have been working on a Wikimania bid, but have not moved it to the "official" section of the page Wikimania 2013 bids. Do you plan to move forward with this bid? If so, please simply move it to the appropriate section; the deadline is today. -Pete F 01:09, 29 January 2012 (UTC) (member of the Wikimania 2013 jury)Reply

Thanks Pete. I'm planning to move forward. Bennylin 08:28, 29 January 2012 (UTC)Reply


You've got mail. :) Steven Walling (WMF) • talk 23:13, 3 April 2012 (UTC)Reply

Pong! Replied. Thanks, Steven. Bennylin 07:15, 4 April 2012 (UTC)Reply

GRC comments requested[edit]

Talk:Requests_for_comment/Global_requests_committee#Recent_examples.3F Thanks! SJ talk  00:24, 21 June 2012 (UTC)Reply

Wikimedia Indigenous Languages[edit]

Good day, I saw your page Promoting the Southeast Asian languages projects and thought you might be interested in the creation of Wikimedia Indigenous Languages, an international body for the coordination for the development of indigenous languages Wikimedia projects. Please feel free to forward the info to anybody who might be interested. Thanks, Amqui (talk)

Good day, the mailing list has been created for WIL and you are welcome to join: languages@lists.wikimedia.org. Thanks, Amqui (talk) 18:38, 1 September 2012 (UTC)Reply

Wikimedia Travel Guide: Naming poll open[edit]

Hi there,

You are receiving this message because you voiced your opinion at the Request for Comment on the Wikimedia Travel Guide.

The proposed naming poll opened a few days ago and you can vote for as many of the proposed names as you wish, if you are eligible. Please see Travel Guide/Naming Process for full details on voting eligibility and how the final name will be selected. Voting will last for 14 days, and will terminate on 16 October at 06:59:59 UTC.

Thanks, Thehelpfulone 21:49, 6 October 2012 (UTC)Reply

re: Your last CU request[edit]

Thanks. Most of these users with the prefix are spambots. --Makecat 03:48, 10 December 2012 (UTC)Reply

My request[edit]

Hello Bennylin. About my request on this page: I have writen my request since 19 November, not 19 December, more than 1 month. It was a mistake, excuse me.--Calak (talk) 09:55, 21 December 2012 (UTC)Reply

Thank you Bennylin.--Calak (talk) 11:35, 21 December 2012 (UTC)Reply

Portal templates[edit]

When you edit portal templates, please, do this in the following order:

  1. Edit the appropriate sandbox
  2. Synchronize the sandbox with the template by copy-pasting the complete html from one into another

Please, do not make any edits to the portal templates except to synchronize them with their sandboxes, which may contain unsyncronized changes made before you. Your last edit just created a mess. Ruslik (talk) 19:05, 20 January 2013 (UTC)Reply

I heard you. Thanks for correcting, and my apology. Bennylin 13:47, 22 January 2013 (UTC)Reply

Third biggest[edit]

So this edit was to put the projects in size order by total article count? In case you didn't know, the original order was chronologically by date opened (separately for the "interlanguage" projects and the "multilingual" projects). I think that might be a better order, since that won't change in the future (apart from adding new projects, as I just did), and switching tables around makes it quite difficult to tell what has changed (you can't tell just by looking at the page diffs) when checking for bad edits. - dcljr (talk) 00:34, 21 January 2013 (UTC)Reply

Didn't think about the date ordering before. Thanks for correcting. Bennylin 13:47, 22 January 2013 (UTC)Reply
I'm glad we agree about this. [g] - dcljr (talk) 09:15, 31 January 2013 (UTC)Reply

Wikisource javanese[edit]


If you need some help to improve (restart?) the wikisource javanese, don't hesitate to tell it to me.

Cdlt, VIGNERON * discut. 15:36, 29 January 2013 (UTC)Reply

Did you see my answer on Talk:Language committee ? I'm not member of the LangCom but the inactivity seems to be the probem. VIGNERON * discut. 16:03, 29 January 2013 (UTC)Reply

To make sure that[edit]

kalau orang yang belum tahu atau mengerti, I have added some further reading titles at the Wp en 'Javanese language'article - and can expand my support for the project idea, however, I am not sure if it helps your proposal or not. The lack of any good footnotes/cites at the wp en article is slightly concerning, and the issues that arise from using Horne or the astonishing Girisonto course, compared to using Keeler and Robson - needs to be brought out somewhere. I might find someday the reviews that alert the reader as to the issues... sats (talk) 09:10, 18 February 2013 (UTC)Reply

Regarding this[edit]

I find worrisome that a steward ignores basic policies, so i'll link this here fyi. Blocking is not punitive, period.--Idonthavetimeforthiscarp (talk) 20:38, 21 February 2013 (UTC)Reply

I quote: Bennylin

Blocks should not be punitive. Blocks should not be used:

  • in retaliation against users;
  • to disparage other users;
  • as punishment against users;
  • or where there is no current conduct issue of concern.
    None of this definition applies to the context that I'm talking to, as you can see on the explanation in my comment, except #3, in relation to a certain vandalism and disruptive behavior (see preventive point #2). I failed to see why you can't grasp this simple logic of "you vandalize, you're blocked". Bennylin 03:33, 22 February 2013 (UTC)Reply
And i must say that apparently you also failed to understand what the reconfirmation discussion was about. That user vandalized nothing, so your claim makes absolutely no sense.--Idonthavetimeforthiscarp (talk) 17:42, 27 February 2013 (UTC)Reply

Blocks should be preventative. Blocks should be used to:

  • prevent imminent or continuing damage and disruption to Wikipedia;
  • deter the continuation of present, disruptive behavior;
    This is the point that I meant. You can't block someone which haven't done anything disruptive, thus, by my definition, punitive, although my definition is not the same as en.wp's, and definitely en.wp's policy are not the same as my home wiki's. Bennylin 03:33, 22 February 2013 (UTC)Reply
  • and encourage a more productive, congenial editing style within community norms.
You can't block someone who hasn't done anything disruptive, and ranting on IRC is not disruptive for WP. It's really all about that--Idonthavetimeforthiscarp (talk) 17:42, 27 February 2013 (UTC)Reply

This policy has a lot of logic flaw, but it's not of my uttermost concern right now. Bennylin 03:33, 22 February 2013 (UTC)Reply


I can't believe I messed up the year (2012 vs 2013). Thank you for [1]! :) πr2 (t • c) 05:31, 25 February 2013 (UTC)Reply

No prob. A lot of people have their new year resolution is to stop writing 2012 and start writing 2013. Do you? :) Cheers. Bennylin 05:36, 25 February 2013 (UTC)Reply
You have new messages
You have new messages
Hello, Bennylin. You have new messages at Varnent's talk page.
You can remove this notice at any time by removing the {{Talkback}} or {{Tb}} template.

Grantmaking Barnstar[edit]

Individual Engagement Grant Barnstar
Thanks for the thoughtful participation in IEG proposal discussions - hope to have your ideas and input again in round 2, and I'm looking forward to seeing your own project move forward soon! Siko (WMF) (talk) 20:49, 2 April 2013 (UTC)Reply
ꦩ​ꦠꦸꦂꦤꦸꦮꦸꦤ꧈ꦯꦶꦏꦺꦴ! (Thanks, Siko!) ^^ Bennylin 08:18, 3 April 2013 (UTC)Reply

Re:Javanese script[edit]

Dear Benny,

Sorry for my lare reaction. I had other things on my mind besides my work. Is there still something I could do to help? I just read that the proposal has been approved. However it needs more discussions. Cheers. Meursault2004 (talk) 06:54, 5 April 2013 (UTC)Reply

You're right on time, mas ^_^ I'd just came with the proposal and schedule. Our aim is at 30 May 2013, during the 10th anniversary of Indonesian Wikipedia, we'd do something to raise the awareness and on the 28th (Sunday) probably we'll do something on the Solo Car Free Day. I was planning to create a special page for that on jv.wp and id.wp. Further discussion on meta would be better centralized at Grants talk:IEG/MediaWiki and Javanese script. ꦩ​ꦠꦸꦂꦤꦸꦮꦸꦤ꧀ꦱꦔꦼꦠ꧀꧉​ ^‌_^ Bennylin 14:16, 5 April 2013 (UTC)Reply

Please fill out our brief Individual Engagement Grant survey[edit]

Hello, the Wikimedia Foundation would like your feedback on Individual Engagement Grants! We have created a brief survey to help us better understand your experience participating in the IEG program and how we can improve for the future. You are being selected to participate in our survey because you created an IEG grant proposal.

Click here to be taken to the survey site.

The survey should take less than 10 minutes to complete. We really appreciate your feedback! And we hope to see you in the IdeaLab soon.

Happy editing,

Siko and Jonathan, Grantmaking & Programs, Wikimedia Foundation.

This message was sent via Global message delivery on 01:56, 11 April 2013 (UTC)

Tentang perselisihan di halaman Meta[edit]

Salam, Bennylin.

Terima kasih sudah merespon komentar saya di halaman ini. Jujur, saya memang pernah mengatakan tidak tahu tentang Aceh, namun sepertinya Anda salah memahami. Maksud saya adalah saya kurang mengetahui akan kosa kata bahasa Aceh asli sebabnya bahasa Aceh sekarang sudah bercampur aduk dengan bahasa Indonesia, dan ini terjadi pada saya saat berbicara.

Mohon maaf jika saya menyebar ancaman. Saya bermaksud agar pihak Meta tidak terlalu memperpanjang masalah ini. Pengguna Si Gam memang berselisih dengan pengguna lain, Jose77 khususnya. Itu memang sudah terjadi beberapa waktu silam, terkait dengan artikel bertopik agama. Saya mengharapkan perselisihan ini berakhir, entah bagaimana caranya. Terakhir, bukankah sebaiknya pengurus di wikipedia ditangani oleh penutur asli bahasa tersebut, supaya artikel yang keliru, baik dari segi bahasa, pengucapan, dsb., dapat diperbaiki. Dan ini hanya dapat ditangani oleh Pengguna Si Gam saat ini jika dia menjadi pengurus. Saya tidak bermaksud menolak pengguna dari penutur bahasa lain menyunting artikel acewiki. Mohon jangan salah paham.

Salam hangat, Rachmat.Wahidi (talk) 15:24, 7 May 2013 (UTC).Reply

Renaming Info.[edit]

Dear Bennylin, I just wish to know if it is possible to rename my username(change to a different, but common name) across all Wikimedia projects? and how this can be accomplished?(  Abu Torsam ))

Sorry, I just read you message now... You can go to SRUC for that purpose. Regards, Bennylin 13:07, 28 July 2013 (UTC)Reply

Editor @ ar.wiki[edit]

Hello. I would like to inform you that I have granted you editor flag at the Arabic Wikipedia, all your edits there will be automatically marked as patrolled. Best regards.--Avocato (talk) 12:25, 28 July 2013 (UTC)Reply

Thank you! :) Bennylin 13:06, 28 July 2013 (UTC)Reply

Angkat pengurus[edit]

Permisi, mas Benny, maaf jikalau aku tak menggunakan bahasa internasional, karena biar cepat selesai. Bisakah Anda mengangkat Alagos menjadi pengurus WikiBuku di sini? Ezagren (talk) 01:47, 20 September 2013 (UTC)Reply

Saya tidak bisa mengangkatnya, karena saya memvoting untuknya, huhuhu... :p Bennylin 06:00, 20 September 2013 (UTC)Reply
Sudah saya mintakan steward yang lain untuk mengangkatnya. SRP#Alagos@wikibooks Bennylin 06:01, 20 September 2013 (UTC)Reply

Hungarian wiktionary[edit]

What was the reason you deleted the category that listed items to be deleted? Please restore it: Kategória:Törlendő lapok. --Panda10 (talk) 13:10, 27 September 2013 (UTC)Reply

Hi Panda, it was reported here. Sorry if it was a mistake. I'll restore it. Thank you for contacting me regarding this mistake. Bennylin 13:21, 27 September 2013 (UTC)Reply
Thank you for restoring it. I don't understand how and why this request was created. --Panda10 (talk) 14:22, 27 September 2013 (UTC)Reply

Bureaucrat request bu hiwiki[edit]

There were a request from hiwiki for Bureaucrat powers at here. First you asked some questions to the guy and after you have closed that request without any result. I don't understand why that request has been closed without any result?☆★Sanjeev Kumar (talk) 16:53, 5 October 2013 (UTC)Reply

Indonesian planet[edit]

Hi, do you still want to add an Indonesian planet.wikimedia.org? I switched all that a while ago to git and puppet and currently maintain it. Let me know if you want me to add it or i can show you how you can do it. See here. Best regards, Mutante (talk) 11:15, 10 October 2013 (UTC)Reply

To add it i need the translation of these 3 words in Indonesian: "Subscribe", "Subscriptions" and "Last updated". And please give me at least one feed URL to add. Thanks, Mutante (talk) 12:54, 10 October 2013 (UTC)Reply
Fyi, see here and here, i found the translations here. Mutante (talk) 18:28, 10 October 2013 (UTC)Reply
Done:) added language to planet role [2], added config for planet [3], added id.planet.wm to DNS [4]. see -> https://id.planet.wikimedia.org/ Mutante (talk) 11:07, 11 October 2013 (UTC)Reply

chrles.multiply.com dead site[edit]

Gday. Not sure whether you have a dead link bot at idWP. Anyway, I have id:Special:LinkSearch/*.chrles.multiply.com has 40 links from idWP and the links are all dead. Didn't know where else to pass that message.  — billinghurst sDrewth 03:17, 21 February 2014 (UTC)Reply

We don't seem to have one. Thank you for the info. In fact all id:Special:LinkSearch/*.multiply.com pages are most likely dead. Bennylin 06:44, 21 February 2014 (UTC)Reply
Yep, it's confirmed that more than 90% of the links in id:Special:LinkSearch/*.multiply.com are dead. I'm not even gonna try doing it manually. What's the best automation tool for removing 700 dead links, @Billinghurst:? Bennylin 06:49, 21 February 2014 (UTC)Reply
FWIW, the articles containing chrles.multiply.com were translated from en.wp articles, therefore, the original articles must carried the deadlinks too. Lo and behold, en:Special:LinkSearch/*.multiply.com... 2017 links (I assume you know the story behind multiply's closure?) Bennylin 07:08, 21 February 2014 (UTC)Reply
Dead link bot at enWP is dead. I just poke requests at enWP at their requests for bots page. I will do that now.  — billinghurst sDrewth 22:22, 21 February 2014 (UTC)Reply

Upcoming IdeaLab Events: IEG Proposal Clinics[edit]

Idea Lab
Idea Lab
Idea Lab
Idea Lab

Hello, Bennylin! We've added Events to IdeaLab, and you're invited :)

Upcoming events focus on turning ideas into Individual Engagement Grant proposals before the March 31 deadline. Need help or have questions about IEG? Join us at a Hangout:

  • Thursday, 13 March 2014, 1600 UTC
  • Wednesday, 19 March 2014, 1700 UTC
  • Saturday, 29 March 2014, 1700 UTC

Hope to see you there!

This message was delivered automatically to IEG and IdeaLab participants. To unsubscribe from any future IEG reminders, remove your name from this list

Please Unlock my page back.[edit]

Please Unlock my page back. My ip address

Пожалуйста разблокируй мою страницу обратно. Tanas96 28 Méi 2014 16.05

Hi, could you provide reason why we should unblock your IP?
(Google tranlate) не могли бы вы предоставить причины, почему мы должны разблокировать ваш IP? Bennylin 16:04, 30 May 2014 (UTC)Reply
(Update) Your block should have been lifted by now. Sorry for any inconvenience caused. Bennylin 16:15, 30 May 2014 (UTC)Reply

Unlock request for User:EmrahÖ[edit]

I pinged you on Steward requests/global, but this was removed with [5]. Hence I'm placing this here. I explained the situation on User talk:EmrahÖ, here on meta, and if the user understands what was written there, and agrees, further disruption will be less likely. If he doesn't understand why he was considered disruptive, he is not likely to be able to avoid it in the future. Your intention to unlock was quite proper, I just want to push this toward success, hence a request for a little delay. Thanks. --Abd (talk) 18:25, 22 June 2014 (UTC)Reply

I concur. Thanks for the notif. Bennylin 07:47, 23 June 2014 (UTC)Reply

He (User:EmrahÖ) is a stubborn vandal. The Kurdish name of the some Provinces of Turkey (il) and the "Category:Kurdistan" on the English and Turkish Wikipedias are vandalized movements. "Muş (Armenian: Մուշ, Kurdish: Mûş)" and "Muş Province (Turkish: Muş ili)" is true, but the Kurdish name for "Muş Province (Turkish: Muş ili, Kurdish: Parêzgeha Mûş)" is not true; because, the province names only writed in official Turkish language. --Kmoksy (talk) 08:45, 23 June 2014 (UTC)Reply

In my review, which was only about en.wikipedia, there was revert warring, with Kmosky. Both users did this. This is a factional dispute, it's obvious. My suggestions to EmrahÖ are that he follow w:WP:DR, avoid revert warring, and seek agreement with other editors.
I apologize for the length, here, Bennylin; I did a lot of research to write this, it's hours of work, and I tried to edit it down, to take out anything not useful, and this is what is left.
EmrahÖ made many mistakes, but vandal he is not. (AFAIK) Stubborn, yes, with a kind of stubbornness common among factional editors. That's the problem, and it is not only his problem. What was the emergency about a Kurdish translation being in a Wikipedia article? Would anyone have been misled?
The Kurds are a minority group in Turkey (18%). It can be expected that a strong majority of editors interested in articles on Turkey will not be Kurds and some might be hostile to Kurds and Kurdish. Conversely, language issues can be very important to minorities, a matter of survival. Complicating this is that the city of Mus is "historically Armenian," and there is incredibly tragic history there. The province is in a Kurdish region, if I have this right. Feelings about the language issue could run high indeed.
I've pointed out to EmrahÖ what he can do to pursue what he thinks is right. At that point, I had no position on inclusion of the name or exclusion, but only on the process. Reviewing Kmosky's statement (and I already knew the argument), however, I do come to a position, which, fortunately, Bennylin, you do not have to decide, so I hope you don't mind this comment, which I make because Kmosky brought up the issue. EmrahÖ made many mistakes, but he was also severely provoked.
Both editors argued "truth" (Kmosky explicitly, and here, and Emrah EmrahÖ, implicitly), not WP:RS, which would include Kurdish reliable source. What is the province called in Kurdish publications? If they use the official Turkish name, end of question. But if they use the Kurdish name, sometimes, then the Kurdish name should be in the article, which is about the province itself, not "official Turkish language," which is only one kind of source.
Something simple which should seal the matter, without need for further research: w:Muş (province) interwiki links to w:ku:Mûş (parêzgeh). That article was created in 2008 and no controversy has appeared over the name, AFAIK. So what should be in en.wiki as a Kurdish translation, almost certainly, is Mûş, not any of the options Kmosky described, nor what EmrahÖ tried to put in (though EmrahÖ was closer).
Reviewing the history, there is also the issue of the Armenian name. added in September 2013, removed, probably accidentally, by EmrahÖ, restored immediately by another editor, accepted clearly by another, and then removed by another SPA with 30 March 2014], which triggered revert warring with EmrahÖ. It's a mess.
Instead of attempting to compromise with EmrahÖ, supporting what was legitimate about what he wanted to do, Kmosky called him, from the beginning, a cross-wiki vandal, which was uncivil, inflammatory, unnecessary, and irrelevant, and revert warred with him. Not good. This was a tempest in a teapot, an argument about what turns out to be, as a difference between Turkish and Kurdish, a diacritical mark, though this can make a big difference to speakers of a language. I did not research the full history, but this issue had obviously come up before, and the Kurdish language, the language of those who actually live in the province, had not been respected.
Bennylin, before EmrahÖ is unlocked, I still suggest he acknowledge his own errors. (And I have attempted to contact him on ku.wiktionary.) On the other hand, he was faced with factional editing that did not seek compromise. This often drives naive editors crazy. He didn't know what to do. So I've advised him. If he takes it to heart, it could make his future wiki editing much less disruptive and more productive. This is absolutely not about taking sides in a factional dispute, it's about finding ways for editors to cooperate instead of fight, while still standing for what they believe.
There is nothing to do here about Kmosky based on what I've seen, so far. I've only raised Kmosky's behavior on enwiki because it shows what EmrahÖ was faced with. Thanks, Bennylin. --Abd (talk) 16:44, 23 June 2014 (UTC)Reply
Thank you Bennylin for contacting me about EmrahÖ. EmrahÖ has been locked for periods from the ku.wiki as well, mainly for his stubborness and incommunication with other users, and trying to force his versions on us without any references. However, we have dealed with this accordingly, but we never felt he was a "threat" to the ku.wiki and that he should be locked for ever. I don't think s/he deserves to be permanently locked, not in ku.wiki or elsewhere. S/he added the Kurdish names to articles dealing with Kurdish regions in Turkey, in disagreement with Kmosky, and this is not vandalism as long as there are references. Kmosky could be more communicative as well, and not try to keep en.wiki clean from any Kurdish references. The Kurdish names of the Kurdish regions in Turkey, are as "official" in Kurdish as the Turkish names are in Turkish, and if the en.wiki uses a reference in Turkish in a Kurdish region, it's obviously correct to add the Kurdish equivalence. It's about giving as much information and sources as possible. This is not about stubborn Kurdish nationalists, but Kurds are as obsessive or protective about their language as are the Turks, or the English! So to make this discussion short, I agree with unlocking EmrahÖ and give him/her a second chance. Thank you again. --MikaelF (talk) 06:17, 27 June 2014 (UTC)Reply

Restored indent levels[edit]

I have undone your edit to Requests for comment/Superprotect rights as the indent was ok, or at least better than having my comment nested under JMP EAX. Please re-add your comment at your leisure; without altering other peoples edits at the same time. John Vandenberg (talk) 17:22, 13 August 2014 (UTC)Reply

Nah, thank you. Bennylin 17:39, 13 August 2014 (UTC)Reply

Letter petitioning WMF to reverse recent decitions[edit]

The Wikimedia Foundation recently created a new feature, "superprotect" status. The purpose is to prevent pages from being edited by elected administrators -- but permitting WMF staff to edit them. It has been put to use in only one case: to protect the deployment of the Media Viewer software on German Wikipedia, in defiance of a clear decision of that community to disable the feature by default, unless users decide to enable it.

If you oppose these actions, please add your name to this letter. If you know non-Wikimedians who support our vision for the free sharing of knowledge, and would like to add their names to the list, please ask them to sign an identical version of the letter on change.org.

I'm notifying you because you participated in one of several relevant discussions. -Pete F (talk) 22:01, 20 August 2014 (UTC)Reply

Superprotect status[edit]

Dear Bennylin, since you are an administrator on a wiki from which no user participated in this discussion, I'd like to make sure you are aware of some recent events which may alter what the Wikimedia Foundation lets you do on your wiki: Superprotect.

Peteforsyth 09:07, 12 September 2014 (UTC)Reply

PS: I did participate in the discussion, and I have relayed the information to my home wiki(s). Bennylin 19:00, 12 September 2014 (UTC)Reply

Global CSS/JS migration[edit]

Hello Bennylin. You have a global.js page which contains your global scripts for all wikis. Since August 19th, your global.js and global.css pages are loaded automatically on all wikis (see announcement). Since you already load them yourself on some wikis, you may experience script errors or issues like tools being added twice. I can fix that for you by merging your local scripts and styles into your global pages, and deleting the local pages with synchbot. Do you want me to do that? —Pathoschild 18:16, 20 September 2014 (UTC)

Hello Bennylin. Please clarify your Synchbot request — do you want what I suggested above, or something else? —Pathoschild 20:36, 02 November 2014 (UTC)

Thank you for your help![edit]

The Translation Barnstar
Thank you for your valuable contribution to the translation of the Global South Editor Survey questions! With my best regards, -- Haitham S. (WMF)
  1. Thanks :) I appreciate the barnstar! Bennylin 10:16, 8 October 2014 (UTC)Reply
You have new messages
You have new messages
Hello, Bennylin. You have new messages at Ralgis's talk page.
You can remove this notice at any time by removing the {{Talkback}} or {{Tb}} template.

Bots in vec.wiktionary[edit]

Hi, in vec.wiktionary the bot that works most is User:JAnDbot, but it has no bot flag. We discussed about it because we don't have any bureaucrat, and wanted to change our policy here in Meta. We had already discussed, and got consensus. How can we officially confirm our global bot policy? --Tn4196 (talk) 18:41, 14 October 2014 (UTC)Reply

I didn't write in that discussion, but I agree with the decision. I already added our Wiktionary to the list but the implementation, to be completed, has to be done by a steward (in Template:Bot policy and in Special:WikiSets/2). --Tn4196 (talk) 15:33, 20 October 2014 (UTC)Reply

Wikivoyage Urdu[edit]

Hi, need your support at Requests_for_new_languages/Wikivoyage_Urdu

Mohon Pencerahan[edit]

Hai, Bennylin! Apa kabar?
Saya sedang mencoba di incubator menggarap Wikinews basa Sunda, saya masih sedikit bingung mengenai tahapan di incubator. Bisakah anda jelaskan mengenai tahapan-tahapan yang harus saya lakukan agar proyek incubator Wikinews basa Sunda ini menjadi domain su.wikinews. Terima kasih, jawaban anda sangat saya tunggu. --Uchup19 (talk) 05:47, 15 February 2015 (UTC)Reply

Updated scripts[edit]

Hi Bennylin. I edited your global.js to update you to the latest version of my scripts (force ltr and ajax sysop), which are compatible with the latest MediaWiki changes and now reside on the Wikimedia Tool Labs for easier updates. Let me know if anything breaks. :) —Pathoschild 03:41, 19 March 2015 (UTC)

No problem so far. Thanks >> Bennylin 14:51, 8 April 2015 (UTC)Reply

Wiktionary Basa Sunda[edit]

Ya, terima kasih atas pencerahannya mas Beni. Tapi memang untuk mengembangkan kualitas isi Wiktionary basa Sunda itu sudah saya agendakan, hanya saja waktunya itu lho yang berbenturan ama kerjaan, hehe. Sdikit-sdikit juga saya udah upayakan untuk memperkaya isi Wikiquote basa Sunda agar bisa bersaing dengan Wikiquote basa Lainnya, hehehe. --Uchup19 (talk) 05:00, 9 April 2015 (UTC)Reply

Tentu saja tertarik mas, nah masalahnya itu, data versi elektroniknya belum lengkap. Bisakah ajari saya untuk melakukan hal tersebut?--Uchup19 (talk) 09:51, 9 April 2015 (UTC)Reply

Translating the interface in your language, we need your help[edit]

Hello Bennylin, thanks for working on this wiki in your language. We updated the list of priority translations and I write you to let you know. The language used by this wiki (or by you in your preferences) needs about 100 translations or less in the priority list. You're almost done!
To add or change translations for all wikis, please use translatewiki.net, the MediaWiki localisation project.

Please register on translatewiki.net if you didn't yet and then help complete priority translations (make sure to select your language in the language selector). With a couple hours' work or less, you can make sure that nearly all visitors see the wiki interface fully translated. Nemo 14:06, 26 April 2015 (UTC)Reply


terlalu lama seperti satu hari dalam tahun jawa (I always think jo-wo) selama sepuluh tahun sampai sekarang... harus coba yang baru (tetapi nama sudah di tempat yang lain) dan harus get back to some Indonesian language practice - sekali lagi - lupa semua, kata kata perjalanan ke tempat jauh dari sini... as for a selamatan, mudah-mudahan saya di Yogya di 2017,... kalau bisa... sats (talk) 10:29, 30 April 2015 (UTC)Reply

You keep your signature... that's good :) Bennylin 14:49, 30 April 2015 (UTC)Reply

IEG Proposals[edit]

Hi Bennylin. I have submitted two proposals namely Wikipedia Takes Rinconada and Run for Free Knowledge. For your comments and endorsement. Thank you very much. --Filipinayzd (talk) 03:32, 27 July 2015 (UTC)Reply

How can we improve Wikimedia grants to support you better?[edit]

Hi! The Wikimedia Foundation would like your input on how we can reimagine Wikimedia Foundation grants to better support people and ideas in your Wikimedia project.

After reading the Reimagining WMF grants idea, we ask you to complete this survey to help us improve the idea and learn more about your experience. When you complete the survey, you can enter to win one of five Wikimedia globe sweatshirts!

In addition to taking the the survey, you are welcome to participate in these ways:

This survey is in English, but feedback on the discussion page is welcome in any language.

With thanks,

I JethroBT (WMF), Community Resources, Wikimedia Foundation.

(Opt-out Instructions) This message was sent by I JethroBT (WMF) (talk · contribs) through MediaWiki message delivery. 01:23, 19 August 2015 (UTC)Reply

Last call for WMF grants feedback![edit]

Hi, this is a reminder that the consultation about Reimagining WMF grants is closing on 8 September (0:00 UTC). We encourage you to complete the survey now, if you haven't yet done so, so that we can include your ideas.

With thanks,

I JethroBT (WMF), Community Resources, Wikimedia Foundation.

(Opt-out Instructions) This message was sent by I JethroBT (WMF) (talk · contribs) through MediaWiki message delivery. 19:08, 4 September 2015 (UTC)Reply

This is a message from the Wikimedia Foundation. Translations are available.

As you may know, the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees approved a new "Access to nonpublic information policy" on 25 April 2014 after a community consultation. The former policy has remained in place until the new policy could be implemented. That implementation work is now being done, and we are beginning the transition to the new policy.

An important part of that transition is helping volunteers like you sign the required confidentiality agreement. All Wikimedia volunteers with access to nonpublic information are required to sign this new agreement, and we have prepared some documentation to help you do so.

The Wikimedia Foundation is requiring that anyone with access to nonpublic information sign the new confidentiality agreement by 15 December 2015 (OTRS users have until 22 December 2015) to retain their access. You are receiving this email because you have access to nonpublic information and are required to sign the confidentiality agreement under the new policy.

Signing the confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information is conducted and tracked using Legalpad on Phabricator. The general confidentiality agreement is now ready, and the OTRS agreement will be ready after 22 September 2015. We have prepared a guide on Meta-Wiki to help you create your Phabricator account and sign the new agreement: Confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information/How to sign

If you have any questions or experience any problems while signing the new agreement, please visit this talk page or email me (gvarnum(_AT_)wikimedia.org). Again, please sign this confidentiality agreement by 15 December 2015 (OTRS users have until 22 December 2015) to retain your access to nonpublic information. If you do not wish to retain this access, please let me know and we will forward your request to the appropriate individuals.

Thank you,
Gregory Varnum (User:GVarnum-WMF), Wikimedia Foundation

Posted by the MediaWiki message delivery 23:33, 15 September 2015 (UTC) • TranslateGet help

Your confirmation statement[edit]

Hi, just wondering are you going to write something on your statement? --Stryn (talk) 11:40, 8 February 2016 (UTC)Reply

I should've wrote the statement when I created that page back in December :( Thanks for the notif (and also Jyothis via email) though Bennylin 09:01, 9 February 2016 (UTC)Reply

Inspire Campaign on content curation & review[edit]

I've recently launched an Inspire Campaign to encourage new ideas focusing on content review and curation in Wikimedia projects. Wikimedia volunteers collaboratively manage vast repositories of knowledge, and we’re looking for your ideas about how to manage that knowledge to make it more meaningful and accessible. We invite you to participate and submit ideas, so please get involved today! The campaign runs until March 28th.

All proposals are welcome - research projects, technical solutions, community organizing and outreach initiatives, or something completely new! Funding is available from the Wikimedia Foundation for projects that need financial support. Constructive feedback on ideas is welcome - your skills and experience can help bring someone else’s project to life. Join us at the Inspire Campaign to improve review and curation tasks so that we can make our content more meaningful and accessible! I JethroBT (WMF) 05:39, 29 February 2016 (UTC)Reply

(Opt-out Instructions) This message was sent by I JethroBT (WMF) (talk · contribs) through MediaWiki message delivery.

Confirmation discussions[edit]

Dear Bennylin,

As you probably know, the confirmation discussions for Stewards have been closed. In order to determine the outcome of these discussions, you are invited to comment on Talk:Stewards/Confirm/2016 before scheduled closure of the confirmation section "one week after the appointment of the newly elected stewards" (Sunday 6th of March, 17:22 UTC), though the closing time might be extended at the ElectCom's discretion for an extra week if it is believed "further input is required before concluding". All stewards are welcome to comment, including those newly elected.

For those who ran for confirmation, consider revising comments regarding you, and replying to those where appropriate. Savhñ 08:01, 4 March 2016 (UTC)Reply

Kelompok pengecualian blokir IP[edit]

Halo, mas Bennylin! Bisakah saya ingin meminta dimasukkan ke dalam kelompok pengecualian blokir IP karena kebanyakan aktivitas menyunting saya berada di jaringan internet publik dan kebanyakan IP-nya adalah open proxy yang diblokir sehingga menghambat aktivitas penyuntingan saya mulai dari en.wiki sampai commons? Terima kasih Ezagren (talk) 06:15, 28 April 2016 (UTC)Reply

@Ezagren: Done. Selamat menyunting. :) Bennylin 04:06, 3 May 2016 (UTC)Reply
Mas Bennylin, kalau untuk global (semua proyek), apakah bisa? Ezagren (talk) 02:52, 11 May 2016 (UTC)Reply
@Ezagren: Sudah global tuh... apa masih keblokir? di mana? Bennylin 03:02, 11 May 2016 (UTC)Reply
Oh tunggu, kelihatannya saya salah... Bennylin 03:03, 11 May 2016 (UTC)Reply
OK, sudah betul sekarang :) Bennylin 03:09, 11 May 2016 (UTC)Reply

Akhir-akhir ini saya menyunting memakai IP dari sebuah web host provider dan diblokir IP tersebut di en.wikipedia. Apakah bisa saya dimasukkan ke dalam kelompok pengecualian blokir IP? Terima kasih Ezagren (talk) 05:18, 26 January 2017 (UTC)Reply

Through June, we’re organizing an Inspire Campaign to encourage and support new ideas focusing on addressing harassment toward Wikimedia contributors. The 2015 Harassment Survey has shown evidence that harassment in various forms - name calling, threats, discrimination, stalking, and impersonation, among others - is pervasive. Available methods and systems to deal with harassment are also considered to be ineffective. These behaviors are clearly harmful, and in addition, many individuals who experience or witness harassment participate less in Wikimedia projects or stop contributing entirely.

Proposals in any language are welcome during the campaign - research projects, technical solutions, community organizing and outreach initiatives, or something completely new! Funding is available from the Wikimedia Foundation for projects that need financial support. Constructive feedback on ideas is appreciated, and collaboration is encouraged - your skills and experience may help bring someone else’s project to life. Join us at the Inspire Campaign so that we can work together to develop ideas around this important and difficult issue. With thanks,

I JethroBT (WMF) (talk) 17:46, 31 May 2016 (UTC) (Opt-out instructions)Reply

New vandal: Szm1422954669 (aka Szm0001)[edit]

A few hours ago you blocked Szm0001. There is a new incarnation of him: Szm1422954669. --jdx Re: 15:23, 19 June 2016 (UTC)Reply

Done Bennylin 16:13, 19 June 2016 (UTC)Reply

Abuse filter[edit]

Hi, because of an irritating AbuseFilter bug, we (Kaldari, MusikAnimal and I) are going to do an update next week that will affect one of your filters. We hope we'll fix all affected filters ourselves, but we're of course grateful if you want to help us. The issue is explained here; the current plan is here. In any case, we wanted you to be aware what's happening, and you're very welcome to help out of course. I'm sending you an email with more details. /Johan (WMF) (talk) 17:38, 12 August 2016 (UTC)Reply

End Time Management[edit]


Removal of sysop rights[edit]

Bureaucrats cannot remove sysop rights unless that particular wiki has decided that they will have the technical rights to do so. Please read Bureaucrat and GS.

I find it a bit concerning that you have been a steward since 2011 and were not aware of this. --Rschen7754 05:45, 23 August 2016 (UTC)Reply

Also, for this you need to use Template:Systmp, so that the listing is added to SRAT and the permissions are actually temporary. --Rschen7754 06:15, 23 August 2016 (UTC)Reply
Copy that. And thank you for your concern. For some reason I made the small number of wikis that able to do that as the default state of crats. Bennylin 12:31, 23 August 2016 (UTC)Reply

Hi Benny. Bureaucrats cannot remove sysop or bureaucrat rights at all but on a small number of wikis listed in Bureaucrat. It does not matter if the wiki is a global sysop wiki or not for us to be able to remove rights, global sysop is a totally unrelatted matter when it comes to this. I leave this message to you because on every removal request I can remember that you handled, you always commited this mistake. I'm not sure how to make this message sound friendly, but it is friendly indeed. Next time, please verify that such wiki is not listed in Bureaucrat :-) Best regards, —MarcoAurelio 11:52, 23 August 2016 (UTC)Reply

Thanks for the reminder, Marco. Yours and others criticism are always very appreciated. Bennylin 12:33, 23 August 2016 (UTC)Reply

Due process[edit]

Please reconsider your early closure of Steward_requests/Permissions#Murbaut.40map-bmswikipedia, and allow - even if it has only been 3 months or 1 month - for local community review. Savhñ 12:42, 23 August 2016 (UTC)Reply

I noticed your concern in the past nomination of this user. My consideration for the decision are these:
  • At the time of his 3 months temp adminship approved May 13th, there was no vote at all, yet he was appointed by masti
  • Since June 2nd to June 12th, because the voting page was not properly closed/archived, 4 users have voted in, one of them is admin from id.wp. Considering the level of activity of that wiki, 4 votes is quite high.
  • I know the language (about map-bms-3), and I would personally supervise it as needed.
  • The user is not "hat collector" or anything, afaik, but have been actively doing administrator work in that wiki.
  • The wiki could use the help of a temp admin right now.
I hope it explains my action, but if you still feel that the closure was too early, you're welcomed to undo my appointment of Murbaut. Thanks for your input. Bennylin 12:58, 23 August 2016 (UTC)Reply
It is actually meta policy not to close things too early, and I believe the process does not leave space for personal opinions when evaluating whether the request can be closed with or without community input based on a subjective short amount of time that has passed. Savhñ 13:02, 23 August 2016 (UTC)Reply
I'm putting it on hold until the 29th now based on your concerns. Thank you. Bennylin 13:24, 23 August 2016 (UTC)Reply

password reset requst[edit]



I am xiaocao2015 that talked with Shanmugamp7 on #wikimedia-operations My account User:平天下的小曹2015 was be hacked yesterday. My all accounts in every websites was be hacked. I changed all password at first time. But it's too late.When I changing my password of wikipedia,I know my email address also modified,too. The account has blocked and locked now. I want to reset my password. I have my sha-512 and i can tell you with E-mail.


2016.8.29 敬上 —— 11:55, 29 August 2016 (UTC)Reply

Wikidata IP block exemption request[edit]


Hello, I am a user from mainland China, due to the en:Great Firewall, I need a proxy server for editing, I apply to Wikidata IP block exemption , please approve this, thanks!

--Leon3289 (talk) 03:08, 11 September 2016 (UTC)Reply

Done. Sorry for the late reply. Bennylin 11:36, 26 September 2016 (UTC)Reply
Thanks--Leon3289 (talk) 05:37, 2 October 2016 (UTC)Reply
Hi Bennylin. Perhaps it would be preferable to ask a Wikidata sysop to do this next time, considering that Wikidata sysops can assign this right? We have declined many requests in the past. --Rschen7754 05:57, 2 October 2016 (UTC)Reply
Or, assigning the global IPBE exemption instead, if the user truly cannot edit anywhere but Meta. --Rschen7754 06:11, 2 October 2016 (UTC)Reply
OK. Thanks for the heads up. Bennylin 07:41, 17 October 2016 (UTC)Reply

Akun Promosi[edit]

Permisi mas ben lihat User:Pabrikkaosbandung Menggunakan nama terlarang memungkinkan dapat berkontribusi dalam kategori iklan. Murbaut (talk) 13:07, 30 October 2016 (UTC)Reply

No renaming between November 20 and November 27[edit]


You’re getting this because you’re a steward or global renamer. The Community Tech team are working on cross-wiki watchlists. We need to add a couple of fields to the localuser table in centralauth database. In order to be able to do this, we’d need to run a script that will get in the way of renaming users. Our apologies – we realize this is getting in the way of your work.

We ask that you do not rename anyone between 00:00 November 20 (UTC) and 00:00 November 27 (UTC).

(UTC means that if you live in the Americas, it will be on the evening or afternoon of November 19 when the script starts running, and if you live in Oceania or eastern Asia, it can be closer midday on November 27 before we can be sure the script is no longer running.)

Phabricator task.

If there are any problems related to this, or you have any questions, please write me on my talk page. /Johan (WMF) (talk) via MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 19:39, 17 November 2016 (UTC)Reply

cs.wikipedia user rights[edit]

Hi Bennylin. Why did you remove the autopatroller and IP block exempt rights, since they can (and should) be removed locally? I am also concerned that this was done through OTRS, as this is not transparent.

17:38, 3 December 2016 Bennylin (talk | contribs) changed group membership for Danny B.@cswiki from autopatroller, importer and IP block exempt to (none) (Ticket #9669328)

I am significantly concerned about your understanding of user rights procedures, as numerous times over the last several months people have had to bring mistakes to your attention. --Rschen7754 22:36, 4 December 2016 (UTC)Reply

It was requested through IRC. You can check the ticket for the reason this user requested so. Bennylin 09:33, 16 December 2016 (UTC)Reply
I am no longer a steward and cannot view the ticket. But this is the problem: you violated the steward policy, and then you're telling me that I have to be a steward to see the reason why you did? --Rschen7754 19:25, 16 December 2016 (UTC)Reply
Due to the nature of the request, I'm afraid I cannot give a lot of commentary on this, except the following: I believe I have acted as a neutral steward, the urgency called for an immediate action, and it is not done privately, as there are other users who have access to the ticket. Bennylin 07:33, 19 December 2016 (UTC)Reply

Removal of steward access[edit]

Hello Bennylin, I have removed your steward access after the conclusion of the confirmation process. Thanks for your past work! – Ajraddatz (talk) 19:22, 13 March 2017 (UTC)Reply

Help design a new feature to stop harassing emails[edit]

Hi there,

The Anti-Harassment Tools team plans to start develop of a new feature to allow users to restrict emails from new accounts. This feature will allow an individual user to stop harassing emails from coming through the Special:EmailUser system from abusive sockpuppeting accounts.

We’re inviting you to join the discussion because you have experience dealing with abusive sockpuppeting accounts and you work across many wikis. We think that your insights will help us build a better feature.

You can leave comments on this discussion page or send an email to the Anti-Harassment Tools team.

It is important to hear from a broad range of people who are interested in the design of the tool, so we hope you join the discussion and let us know how it would work best for you.

For the Anti-Harassment Tools team SPoore (WMF), Community Advocate, Community health initiative (talk) 21:50, 13 October 2017 (UTC)Reply

Please let us know if you wish to opt-out of all massmessage mailings from the Anti-harassment tools team.

Help with Malay stemming?[edit]

Thanks for your question about Javanese transliteration on my talk page! I hope the discussion on Phabricator is helpful. Since you mentioned that you work on Indonesian Wikipedia, I looked you up. I see that you also know Malay! I could use some help assessing a new stemmer and stop words for Malay. You can check out the discussion on the Malay Wikipedia or Wiktionary (or here, if you like). Thanks! TJones (WMF) (talk) 22:09, 14 June 2018 (UTC)Reply

Hi @TJones (WMF):, as I mentioned, I worked on similar project back in 2009. And I've already put my old code in here if you want to take a look at it. Hope it helps. Bennylin 04:56, 16 June 2018 (UTC)Reply

JSTOR account redistribution (The Wikipedia Library)[edit]

Hi - according to our records you received a free account for JSTOR through The Wikipedia Library. Because we’ve used up all of our allocated accounts, and it’s been some time since they were distributed, we want to redistribute any accounts that aren’t being used to users on our waitlist.

If you’re still using, or plan to use, your JSTOR access, no problem! Simply head over to the Library Card platform, log in, and request a renewal of your account. You should be able to do this from your user page, or the JSTOR signup page. If you can’t find the renewal button, or have any other issues or questions about this, please feel free to leave a message on my talk page. We’ll begin redistributing inactive accounts in September; if you request renewal after then we will only be able to reactivate your account if we have spots remaining. Thanks, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 13:32, 20 August 2018 (UTC)Reply

This is a reminder to acknowledge and sign the new Confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information. As you know, your volunteer role in Wikimedia projects gives you access to secure and sensitive information.

The new version includes one major change.

  • There is a change regarding the way personal data may be released. Accordingly, functionaries must notify the Wikimedia Foundation at check-disclosure(_AT_)wikimedia.org before releasing data, in order to obtain a written approval for doing so. The Foundation will respond within 10 days. However, for emergencies, such as cases involving threats of violence, functionaries may release the personal data without such explicit permission, but they should notify the Foundation immediately following the disclosure. If they choose not to disclose the data, the request for disclosure should be forwarded to the Foundation's emergency email address (emergency(_AT_)wikimedia.org).

There are also some wording changes that were made to more closely align the language with evolving industry norms, best practices and laws. The most notable of these has been the change of the term "nonpublic information" to "nonpublic personal data". None of these changes are intended to make fundamental changes to the scope or practice of the policy but we know they could appear as such, hence wanted to flag them.

The aforementioned changes require users that have already signed the previous version of the policy to sign the new version as well.

We therefore ask that you to sign the updated version. Signing the agreement is tracked on Phabricator's Legalpad. An online guide is available to help you with signing the agreement: Confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information/How to sign. If you wish you can sign it directly at https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/L37. The exact policy is located here: Access to nonpublic personal data policy. The text of the confidentiality agreement is located here: Confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information

If you have already received this message and signed the updated agreement, you need not sign it again. Once is sufficient. In this case, we ask that you respond to Samuel (WMF) letting him know when (date) and how (method/process of signing) you have signed it so that we can update our own records.

Note: please bear in mind that if you still haven’t signed the updated version of the Confidentiality Agreement by February 13, 2019 your rights will be removed.

Thank you for your understanding,

Samuel Guebo (User:Samuel (WMF)), Wikimedia Foundation

Posted by the MediaWiki message delivery - 15:15, 11 January 2019 (UTC)

Translation request[edit]


Can you create en:Science and technology in Azerbaijan in Indonesian Wikipedia?

Yours sincerely, A2D2 (talk) 10:15, 5 May 2019 (UTC)Reply

wowiki AF 1[edit]

Hello Bennylin, is w:wo:Special:AbuseFilter/1 still needed? — xaosflux Talk 14:48, 28 August 2020 (UTC)Reply

Hi, @Xaosflux:. I don't personally used it, but it could be useful for smaller wikis to keep, because it acts like a 'longer period' of recent changes. In other small wikis where I'm active, I might check once in a while filters like these, for any abuse that might be unnoticed by the SWMTeam. So feel free to keep it or disactivate it. Cheers. Bennylin 13:05, 5 September 2020 (UTC)Reply
Thanks for the reply, if it is useful for you - then no issue, thought it may have been a left over test. — xaosflux Talk 22:17, 5 September 2020 (UTC)Reply

Invitation for Functionary consultation 2021[edit]

Greetings SWMT member,

I'm letting you know in advance about a meeting I'd like to invite you to regarding the Universal Code of Conduct and the community's ownership of its future enforcement. I'm still in the process of putting together the details, but I wanted to share the date with you: 10 July, 2021. I do not have a time on this date yet, but I will let you soon. We have created a meta page with basic information. Please take a look at the meta page and sign up your name under the appropriate section.

Thank you for your time.--BAnand (WMF) 03:21, 3 June 2021 (UTC)Reply

File:Nulisa.png nominated for deletion[edit]

Hello. An item which you created or you have edited substantially (File:Nulisa.png) has been nominated for deletion. Please see the ongoing discussion at Meta:Requests for deletion. Thank you. —MarcoAurelio (talk) 10:39, 11 September 2021 (UTC)Reply