- The following discussion is preserved as an archive of a closed Meta-Wiki request. Please do not modify it.
Ending 24 February 2019 21:59 (UTC)
As stated at here, I was looking for the ability to view private abuse filter logs so that I can analyse the filters and potentially suggest improvements to it. After further thought (and thanks to Vogone), I've decided to take the limited adminship route.
This is because I think I can chip in with my experience in handling abusefilters at my home wikis and try to reduce spam and other problems here and globally. I've already done this at MediaWiki - by incorporating one Wikibooks filter, I've significantly cut down userpage spam there. I also have experience in editing the MediaWiki namespace, and want to improve them, where possible, here as well.
Thanks in advance. Leaderboard (talk) 21:59, 17 February 2019 (UTC)
- Support - TNT 💖 22:03, 17 February 2019 (UTC)
- Support —AlvaroMolina (✉ - ✔) 22:24, 17 February 2019 (UTC)
- Support, that's reasonable for a limited adminship. --Stïnger （会話） 22:26, 17 February 2019 (UTC).
- Seems like overkill to grant limited adminship to view the logs, but I guess there isn't a better option available. Support and if you keep getting involved in Meta discussions then I'd be happy to support for full adminship too. – Ajraddatz (talk) 23:23, 17 February 2019 (UTC)
- @Ajraddatz: I'm wondering whether the one-week deadline applies in my case. It says that "Requests for temporary adminship and bot requests may be less formal and often go for a shorter duration if consensus becomes clear after only a few days of discussion...". Leaderboard (talk) 22:27, 20 February 2019 (UTC)
- Could be; you'll need to ask the local crats how they handle such requests. A week is usually the norm, even in these cases, from what I remember. – Ajraddatz (talk) 19:19, 21 February 2019 (UTC)
- SupportFine enough justification for limited adminship. Hope you can help us weed out spam here and take it slow. --Cohaf (talk) 23:59, 17 February 2019 (UTC)
- Support Thanks for the interest in helping. Esteban16 (talk) 00:54, 18 February 2019 (UTC)
- Support -FASTILY 04:37, 18 February 2019 (UTC)
- Support Competent even for full adminship. –Ammarpad (talk) 10:45, 18 February 2019 (UTC)
- Support ‐‐1997kB (talk) 12:29, 18 February 2019 (UTC)
- Support - Seems fine given they're requesting limited adminship. RhinosF1 (talk) 12:33, 18 February 2019 (UTC)
- Support --Novak Watchmen (talk) 21:58, 18 February 2019 (UTC)
- Support --AGK ■ 19:08, 21 February 2019 (UTC)
- Support --Defender (talk) 19:13, 21 February 2019 (UTC)
- Support. Hiàn (talk) 04:19, 22 February 2019 (UTC)
- Question: For how long do you request limited adminship. Per Meta:Administrators#Limited_administrator_status, unless requested otherwise, we'll grant it for one month. Thanks, —MarcoAurelio (talk) 12:39, 22 February 2019 (UTC)
- @MarcoAurelio: One month is fine. After (or during) that time, I'll decide whether to stick with limited adminship or request full adminship. Leaderboard (talk) 16:50, 22 February 2019 (UTC)
- Alright, one month will be then. Thanks. —MarcoAurelio (talk) 20:02, 24 February 2019 (UTC)
- Support OK, note @Leaderboard: for improving enwikibooks filters you may be better off examining enwiki's filters, you can request view-only access on enwiki for that purpose as a x-wiki admin using the process at w:en:WP:EFH. — xaosflux Talk 16:40, 24 February 2019 (UTC)
- @Xaosflux: Thank you, could you grant it? It says that it can be given "By any administrator following a self-request from an editor in good standing to reduce the editor's access from edit-filter manager". Leaderboard (talk) 17:23, 24 February 2019 (UTC)
- @Leaderboard: you will need to post at w:en:WP:EFN following the directions on that page. There is a 3-day community comment period on enwiki, but your use-case seems strong. — xaosflux Talk 17:26, 24 February 2019 (UTC)
Done. Limited adminship for one month for abuse filter viewing only, as requested. —MarcoAurelio (talk) 09:04, 25 February 2019 (UTC)
- Amendment: limited adminship is granted for abuse filter viewing and improvement, and MediaWiki namespace editting. —MarcoAurelio (talk) 10:33, 25 February 2019 (UTC)
- The above request page is preserved as an archive. Please do not modify it. Comments about this page should be made in Meta:Babel or Meta:Requests for help from a sysop or bureaucrat.