Meta:Requests for help from a sysop or bureaucrat/Archives/2013-01
|Please do not post any new comments on this page. This is a discussion archive first created in January 2013, although the comments contained were likely posted before and after this date. See current discussion or the archives index.|
Problem editing my RFC page
Hello , I am facing problems with a bot which do not allow me to edit my RFC page almost anytime I try.
This action has been automatically identified as harmful, and therefore disallowed. If you believe your edit was constructive, please inform an administrator of what you were trying to do. A brief description of the abuse rule which your action matched is: Antivandalism.
Question re. Images Uploaded to Meta
For about two years I've on occasion reviewed the list of new files and tagged those with no license. On most WMF projects this leads to a deletion after 7 days or so. Some of the ones I've tagged are still tagged two years later with no action taken. Altogether there are 89 listed in the tracking category (Category:Images_with_unknown_license). Even if the ones that are technically needing a license but are obviously appropriate for use are ignored there are still some, like this really need a license as it isn't obvious at all that they are free to use. Could an admin please clarify what the policy is around images and if it is worth me tagging them in future? Thanks QU TalkQu 13:34, 3 January 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks for raising this. I'd say to please continue tagging those at least we know their status. The problem is with our Meta:Deletion policy which requires the images to be orphaned to be eligible for speedy deletion. Meta does not have a Fair Use policy and thus all unfree content or with dubidous copyright/authorship status should be gone IMHO. Thanks. -- MarcoAurelio (talk) 19:25, 10 January 2013 (UTC)
Would someone please close the Global Bans RFC?
Would a steward or Meta admin please close Requests for comment/Global bans? That RFC has been active since June and received its last edit in November. Because the ToU mention this currently unratified policy, I have suggested to the WMF legal team that they consider what they will recommend if the closer determines that the RFC has not achieved consensus and therefore fails. --Pine✉ 20:39, 10 January 2013 (UTC)
- I second this request for closure. The RfC has been open for long enough, and while it hasn't garnered much discussion, I think that one result is pretty clear (that of there being no consensus to adopt the policy). Ajraddatz (Talk) 21:28, 10 January 2013 (UTC)
Hello, could an admin import the history from voy:Wikivoyage:Press release to Wikivoyage/Launch press release? The page on meta was copy-pasted from Wikivoyage without the history. Thanks. –sumone10154(talk) 03:28, 11 January 2013 (UTC)
I am having threats from some people and i am afraid i use my real name and surname on wikipedia projects, commons and meta. They have changed my username in Wikipedia. I have already retired but they will still know my name here. Pls i want to vanish completely from these projects or pls simply change my username here too. Thank you. Ozgurmulazimoglu (talk) 19:30, 15 January 2013 (UTC)
Expired temp. adminship
Translation :fr not correct
Can you please update the text in the 3 following pages:
- MediaWiki:Centralnotice-POTY2012 R1-poty2012-text/fr
The current text:
- Le premier tour du concours Image de l'année organisé par Wikimedia Commons, a commencé
The correct text:
- Le premier tour du concours Image de l'année organisé par Wikimedia Commons a commencé.
- Done --MF-W 16:11, 19 January 2013 (UTC)
Protect this page
Please semi this page - it's linked from WMF wiki and is high traffic. Also, please salt the talk page. Editors are trying to submit their articles there. An editnotice there would be helpful. 15:24, 31 January 2013 (UTC)