- The following discussion is preserved as an archive of a closed Meta-Wiki request. Please do not modify it.
CKoerner_(WMF) (talk • contribs • deleted user contributions • logs • block log • abuse log • CentralAuth • stalktoy) Bureaucrats: user rights management.
- Ending 06-07-2016 15:08 (UTC)
Hello. As a community liaison at the Wikimedia Foundation I often find myself translating information (announcements, communications, documentation, requests, etc) for sharing across the movement. Currently I am unable to mark pages for translation or otherwise assist with managing translations. The translation adminship bit would allow me to be more productive in translating my work. Thank you. CKoerner (WMF) (talk) 15:08, 29 June 2016 (UTC)
- Looks reasonable. Any objections? —MarcoAurelio 17:57, 29 June 2016 (UTC)
- As long as CKoerner (WMF) reads and understands mw:Help:Extension:Translate/Page translation example and mw:Help:Extension:Translate/Page translation administration I have no objections. Feel free to ask if anything is unclear in the docs. --Base (talk) 21:54, 29 June 2016 (UTC)
- If this is work-related, why does this require the community process? As per Base's comment, I would not have any objection against assigning this right to either the volunteer or the staff account in case the MediaWiki documentation concerning this user right has been read and understood. --Vogone (talk) 18:42, 30 June 2016 (UTC)
- No requirement as far as I know. I was instructed to this process by a fellow staff member. Personally, I prefer to follow the community process when one exists. Transparency, improving my understanding how the community operates, and being part of the community instead of outside of it are important to me. CKoerner (WMF) (talk) 14:24, 14 July 2016 (UTC)
- No objections here so long as documentation is read and understood. Ajraddatz (talk) 17:16, 11 July 2016 (UTC)
- No concerns. I also think that permissions for WMF staff could be managed internally.--Syum90 (talk) 11:17, 14 July 2016 (UTC)
Granted, since staff has not replied as to whether they'd like to handle this internally or not. Valid for their term as WMF staff. —MarcoAurelio 11:22, 15 July 2016 (UTC)
- The above request page is preserved as an archive. Please do not modify it. Comments about this page should be made in Meta:Babel or Meta:Requests for help from a sysop or bureaucrat.