User talk:CKoerner (WMF)

From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

welcome to meta[edit]

Hi CKoerner (WMF), and welcome to meta. I appreciate you addressing questions and your collegiality in discussion with other WMF staff. Sydney Poore/FloNight (talk) 16:19, 20 February 2016 (UTC)

Me too. You're doing a very good job. Thank you and welcome. --Anthonyhcole (talk) 00:03, 25 February 2016 (UTC)

Aww. Thank you both for the kind words. I'm giving it my best, but please keep me honest. :) CKoerner (WMF) (talk) 18:23, 26 February 2016 (UTC)
Now that the dust is settling, somewhat, I just wanted to emphasise what I said above. Your contributions to the discussions, including internal WMF discussions that have come to light, have been exemplary. I hope you find fulfilment and a fair portion of joy in your time with us, and I hope that's a long time. --Anthonyhcole (talk) 02:48, 27 February 2016 (UTC)

English messages at the Caffi[edit]

Please do not leave English messages at the Caffi, which is now only for Welsh messages; I've moved your message here. Thanks. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Llywelyn2000 (talk)

Sorry about that Llywelyn2000. Thanks for the help in moving it to the right place! CKoerner (WMF) (talk) 16:08, 10 March 2016 (UTC)

KE FAQ[edit]

Hi Chris, I just wanted to be sure you were aware that Knowledge Engine/FAQ has been marked as historical. I'm not sure whether or not that's the best fate for the page -- perhaps it would be better to update it further? But thought you might be in the best position to assess that. -Pete F (talk) 01:59, 14 March 2016 (UTC)

Yeah i did that. was discussed on the Talk page a little. Seeing how that was a Lila initiative that she abandoned after the first day, seems pretty historical to me. Jytdog (talk) 02:28, 14 March 2016 (UTC)

With respect to the maps...[edit]

Hi, Thanks for the information, I think it could serve, although the original idea was coloring the municipalities I think it's probably better and easier to put them markers also seems very easy to edit, is now available for all wikis ?. PS: Sorry for so late answer... and the bad English... use automatic translator. Miguu "Mexican Synarchism and Nationalist Front of Mexico=Nazism"

Your request for translation adminship[edit]

Hi Chris. I hope that you're doing well. With regards to the request for translation administrator rights that you've lodged, some users are waiting for some answers there. Since James hasn't replied as to whether he would like to manage your permissions internally, I'm for granting you the rights until your contract with WMF expires. Best regards, —MarcoAurelio 11:37, 14 July 2016 (UTC)

Thank you Marco for all your help. CKoerner (WMF) (talk) 13:42, 15 July 2016 (UTC)

User:CKoerner (WMF)/Enable Hovercards/Reminder[edit]

Hello, please, dont edit old messages. Some wikis have recieved old translate version of this message. Iniquity (talk) 23:29, 20 July 2017 (UTC)

Iniquity, thank you for the notice. I missed that step in checking my message. I"m sorry. I'm trying to find the wiki's with the old message. If you know of any, please let me know so I can fix them. CKoerner (WMF) (talk) 14:20, 21 July 2017 (UTC)
Ah, I do see one for Russian Wikipedia. CKoerner (WMF) (talk) 14:37, 21 July 2017 (UTC)
For example: User:CKoerner (WMF)/Enable Hovercards/Reminder/he, User:CKoerner (WMF)/Enable Hovercards/Reminder/ca and User:CKoerner (WMF)/Enable Hovercards/Reminder/el have got old messages. But I see that this wikis havent got that message. Iniquity (talk) 16:53, 21 July 2017 (UTC)
And yes, Russian Wikipedia have another deploy system than another wikis. We havent got Hovercards in beta-page. Iniquity (talk) 16:59, 21 July 2017 (UTC)

Page previews on Wikinews[edit]

Hello, will page reviews also be installed on Wikinews? I think it's a good system, can it be installed as a beta function as well? At least at nl.wikinews.org already? --Livenws (talk) 14:02, 21 July 2017 (UTC)

Hi Livenws, the team is looking into other Wikimedia projects that are interested in the feature. Pinging Olga, the product manager of Page Previews, to let her know of the interest. :)CKoerner (WMF) (talk) 14:24, 21 July 2017 (UTC)

MassMessage to English Wiktionary's Grease Pit[edit]

Hi, your recent message ended up in the wrong place today on the English Wiktionary. Will this fix it? --Wikitiki89 (talk) 18:53, 25 July 2017 (UTC)

Very helpful, thank you and apologies for the error. CKoerner (WMF) (talk) 19:00, 25 July 2017 (UTC)
You didn't answer my question though. Will that edit fix it? The reason I'm confused is that I thought the message wouldn't reach the page at all if it wasn't listed at all in the distribution list. --Wikitiki89 (talk) 20:22, 25 July 2017 (UTC)
You're right, my apologies. This message was already sent using this version of a different list, where I did not include the magic words for English Wiktionary. Your reminder that some community discussion pages pages use specific month/day structures was helpful and I'll be sure to remember it moving forward. Again, sorry for the goof up. CKoerner (WMF) (talk) 21:04, 25 July 2017 (UTC)

Contacting the WMF Legal department[edit]

I am contacting you because you are listed as a Community Liaison.

I am putting together a proposal at User:Guy Macon/Proposals/CAPTCHA (part of a series of proposals at User:Guy Macon/Proposals).

In my opinion, the next logical step is to inform someone at the WMF legal department. My problem is that there does not appear to be any noticeboard associated with the WMF legal department and every member of the WMF legal department appears to have a user talk page that cannot be edited.

I am unwilling to use email or post to a mailing list because I want everything involved with my proposals to be open and accessible through the history of the page where the discussion occurred. Can you suggest a way that I can contact legal regarding this matter? -Guy Macon (talk) 17:37, 19 August 2017 (UTC)

@Guy Macon: The vast majority of legal work is definitely done by email for a number of reasons and it's usually the best way to get their response but if you want to reach out on wiki then I'd suggest reaching out to Jacob Rogers whose talk page is definitely unprotected. He's the lawyer who operates the legal@ email address and helps coordinate responses to most community questions. I'll warn you that he's on vacation until mid week so it may take a little bit for him to get back to you but I'll point him out to it him when I meet with him next if he hasn't already. One option to make sure it's in his box when he gets back would be to send a quick email to legal@wikmiedia.org or jrogers@ just pointing out your question and requesting a response on-wiki. Jalexander--WMF 21:38, 19 August 2017 (UTC)

About "New print to pdf feature for mobile web readers" and other Mass Messages in English[edit]

CKoerner, please abstain from sending mass messages to Spanish Wikivoyage's La Posada (Spanish version of "Traveler's Pub) if those messages are not translated to Spanish. The wiki is for Spanish language speakers and there we expect to read messages in Spanish, not in English, and if we'd like to read in English, we'd go to English Wikivoyage instead. In short: don't send messages to eswvy if they aren't translated to Spanish yet. --Zerabat (discusión) 12:46, 21 November 2017 (UTC)

Sorry Zerabat, I didn't meant to frustrate you. I wanted to make sure all communities knew of the feature and wasn't able to get a volunteer translation before sending the message. We're always looking for help! :) Not to blame my tools, but it doesn't let me flag talk pages as "non-English" when sending to multiple village pumps. Folks are aware of it and I hope I can avoid this happening again in the future. Not just for the Spanish Wikivoyage! CKoerner (WMF) (talk) 22:54, 21 November 2017 (UTC)

Pasting untranslated messages to non-English Wikimedia wikis[edit]

Hello. I'm zerabat from Spanish Wikivoyage. There, like many non-English wikimedia wikis, is frequent to be published a lot of untranslated messages in English to wikis whose communities are not always able to understand English, and therefore, they could be missing important information, and also, could be considered a disrespect to the community and language. And also the community talk page is flooded with messages in English.

As a member of the Spanish Wikivoyage community, I would like to have information in my language and not have to deal with reading in another language, or I want other members to access the infomation because if it's in English they may not understand it.

In short, I reverted your latest message and translated it here. After that another user pasted the translated version. But I would like you not to do the things in this way, at least in esvoy, and do the things in the right order: first ask for a translation and after publish the translated version, not backwards pasting untranslated texts. If you are not fluent in Spanish, you can send me a message in my talk page asking me to do the translation to Spanish, "because it's an important message, etc." or whatever the reason is, and as soon as I'm aware of your request I'll do it as soon as possible. There are a lot of Spanish speakers volunteers who can translate from English, so at least with Spanish language shouldn't have been excuses. Best regards. --Zerabat (discusión) 18:15, 21 March 2018 (UTC)

Zerabat, I did it again, didn't I? I'm sorry. I need to find a better way to remember communities, like the Spanish Wikivoyage, where untranslated messages negatively impact our relationship. Do you subscribe to the translators-l mailing list? If not, might I encourage you to do so? I made a request there about a week ago. It's a little difficult for me, and the many other people at the foundation who are trying to communicate to many communities, to remember the generous offers to help like your own. We try to centralize our requests on the translators mailing list in hopes that eager volunteers can help us. I will try to do better in the future to remember your request, but it will be difficult to remind everyone who sends out message like mine. I'll talk to my team to see if they have some better suggestions and I appreciate your patience and help with all of this. CKoerner (WMF) (talk) 20:35, 21 March 2018 (UTC)

Regarding "Support new and existing contributors through a richer suite of onboarding tools..."[edit]

Hi Chris, I tried to ping you in this talkpage section and due to a combination of my human errors and MediaWiki quirks I don't know whether my ping to you was ever sent, so I thought that I'd leave this note on your talk page. I hope that you had a good weekend. --Pine 03:57, 2 April 2018 (UTC)

Massmessage skipped @ kowiki[edit]

Learn why at Talk:Wikidata MassMessage tool! — regards, Revi 21:42, 24 April 2018 (UTC)

(Mass message log) b; 06:38 . . Delivery of "Time to bring embedded maps (‘mapframe’) to most Wikipedias" to 위키백과:사랑방 (기술) was skipped because the target has opted-out of message delivery . You’ll want to post it manually. — regards, Revi 21:47, 24 April 2018 (UTC)

Mapframe[edit]

Hi I appreciate that this time WMF at least gives a notice before intervening in the setup of smaller wikipedias (as happened sometimes in the past). But then kindly explain cearly what the whole idea is about, without using insider language or requesting people to read about things they have not cared about so far. So what is the idea, what is it good for, what was said against it, what does it change about editing, in which cases does it apply and what does it involve? Kipala (talk) 06:50, 25 April 2018 (UTC)

Hi, Kipala. Thank you for the feedback. I'm eager to improve my communication across the multiple languages and communities within the Wikimedia movement. If I can bother you one more time, what specifically was unclear in the message regarding maps? What could I have done differently to make the message easier to understand? I tried very hard and thought I included helpful links to more documentation, but it sounds like it failed to clearly communicate something. I appreciate your time. Thanks again. CKoerner (WMF) (talk) 13:28, 25 April 2018 (UTC)
Hi Chris, sorry for delay. Basically I would love to use an easier way to include maps. But the "Get started" section at "https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Extension:Kartographer" already makes me give up. I have put quite a number of maps on swwiki, usually by way of screenshot (of maps on commons or openstreetmaps) which I modify using paint by entering Swahili labels. I am aware hat this is pretty stone age but I simply do not understand what to use as basis or reference map (and where and how to get it) when I see the example of the San Francisco map. So this is not an example that helped me to understand.
Then I tried to insert the code given under "Getting started" on a test page in swwiki - it gave no image but just shows the text. So probably our setup does not know the <mapframe> code?
In larger wikis there are specialists who know such stuff inside out; in a small wikipedia like swwiki we have just less than ten people at the moment working continuously and none is familiar with these things. We have in the past sometimes had contributors from outside who do not know the language but helped adding content with all kind of maps - it just remained somewhat misterious for us inside. Kipala (talk) 06:55, 9 May 2018 (UTC)
Kipala, sorry for your frustration. I think part of the problem is maybe the <mapframe> feature was not available on your wiki when the communication went out. It is now. I understand that the help page does include a lot of technical information. The feature does require some understanding and use of geographical coordinates. Like longitude and latitude. It also uses a syntax that is not wikitext in the form of JSON.
I have another suggestion. Have you tried using the visual editor to insert a map? This way just needs you to find a location by navigating a map and then inserting the map. No code or geo coordinates needed. I hope to update the documentation on how this works soon, but for now you can find "Maps" in the "Insert" menu of the visual editor. Here's an example of a map I tried to recreate from your own. I hope that helps, and let me know if you have questions. Yours, CKoerner (WMF) (talk) 18:57, 29 May 2018 (UTC)

Mapframe[edit]

By the installation of Mapframe there will be a need of template updation on MrWp. Can you finalize the day almost when in May we will use this wonderful extension. Can this be requested before? --Tiven2240 (talk) 14:42, 25 April 2018 (UTC)

Hi, Tiven2240. We're not quite sure on the date just yet for everyone. However, if you are eager to see it on mrwiki, you can file a task in Phabricator and ask for it. Please consult the community first to make sure there is consensus. See this task as an example. CKoerner (WMF) (talk) 21:04, 25 April 2018 (UTC)

We would love to see mapframs on Gujarati Wiki[edit]

We would love to see mapframs on Gujarati Wiki -- Aniket (talk) 06:19, 26 April 2018 (UTC)

Aniket, I'm glad to hear that. If you or anyone in your community has any questions, please let me know. CKoerner (WMF) (talk) 20:00, 30 April 2018 (UTC)

Some message[edit]

Update ... page ... issues ... recently begun working ... exposing ... issue templates ... details about ... issues with page content ... generally ... The goal ... this project ... improve ... particular ... the visual styling ... drafted a proposal ... were also able ... user testing ... proposed designs ... positive results ... what we learned ... new treatment ... increases ... awareness ... make sense ... to readers ... Readers care about ... had ... overwhelmingly ... positive sentiments towards ... We wanted to reach out to you ... concerns, thoughts, and suggestions

Template:Weasel words Do you actually expect people to express the meaning of your message in their own language if you're not actually showing that meaning in the message? Mysha (talk)

Heya Mysha, I'm sorry if the message was confusing or unclear. I did make an effort to try and make the language simple and clear. I even used tools like Hemingway to check the reading level and my use of adverbs and passive voice. I didn't purposefully use any weasel words in the sense that I'm trying to mislead or be vague. I'm sorry my effort came across this way and I will try to be more aware of unclear words in the future. I hear your frustration and I'm saddened by your message here. CKoerner (WMF) (talk) 14:42, 13 June 2018 (UTC)
It's not so much confusing as not saying things. (The weasel words as that page is more about deceit than the usage was in the Wikimedia wikis where I picked it up, where it's more about avoiding precision.) Something is the matter with pages: Don't call them "issues" but tell us what the problem is. Is "recently" last year or yesterday, is "begun working" asking for people who are interested or releasing the first version for feedback? Etc.. Be precise, especially in a community that aims to be so, and certainly when you want people to translate you. Nice concept, that Hemingway. I suspect that it's about the structure more than about clarity. Could you try the evidence poem from Alice in Wonderland, as a demonstration, to see what score it gets? Still: Cheer up! These are wikis, thus you can always improve your contribution afterwards. Mysha (talk)

TemplateStyles[edit]

The Limburgish Wikipedia does not want this feature to be deployed. Especially because the time to discuss and understand this feature was way too short. Link to discussion: [1]. --OosWesThoesBes (talk) 10:38, 8 August 2018 (UTC)

@Ooswesthoesbes:, is there a specific concern over how this optional feature might impact the Limburgish Wikipedia? I'm afraid Google Translate only gets me so far in understanding the conversation. Many thanks. CKoerner (WMF) (talk) 17:47, 8 August 2018 (UTC)
The main concerns have to do with that we are a small community and have no need for such functions, as monitoring any possible abuse is only extra work. Also, the fact that we only got two days to think about it and discuss it is something that we are not too satisfied about. --OosWesThoesBes (talk) 08:03, 9 August 2018 (UTC)
There's been a lot of misunderstandings and misconceptions about the abuse potential of TemplateStyles, and it specifically includes features to reduce the abuse potential; see mw:Help:TemplateStyles#What anti-abuse features are provided? for more information, including information on how to write an edit filter that completely blocks anyone from using the feature. --Dan Garry, Wikimedia Foundation (talk) 11:06, 9 August 2018 (UTC)
That may be, but we hardly have the manpower to keep the project active. Writing abuse filters and more unnecessary functions is the last thing we want to be preoccupied with. --OosWesThoesBes (talk) 15:37, 9 August 2018 (UTC)
I understand your concerns about manpower, but I find your comment is a little disingenuous, as writing an edit filter would only take you a few minutes. I just wrote an edit filter that completely blocks the creation of TemplateStyles CSS pages (Special:AbuseFilter/464 on the beta cluster) and it took me two minutes. You can copy it verbatim to your wiki. --Dan Garry, Wikimedia Foundation (talk) 10:54, 10 August 2018 (UTC)
AbuseFilter is usually "too many technicalities, avoid at all cost" area for most people, so (while I do some abusefilter) I think it is not that 'disingenuous'. — regards, Revi 11:42, 10 August 2018 (UTC)
Exactly, too difficult while we do not need it. --OosWesThoesBes (talk) 13:16, 10 August 2018 (UTC)
I'm also far from an expert with edit filters, and in fact the above one is the first one that I've ever written, if you can call copying and pasting "writing"! This is why I gave exact guidance and specific instructions on how you can do it yourself. I'm sorry, I will not be undeploying TemplateStyles from your wiki on the basis of your complaint here. Maintaining per-wiki configurations for various different features and extensions is an overhead that adds up quickly, and given that there is a straightforward way to effectively disable the feature which I have given you (whether you choose to use it or not), I do not believe that overhead is not worth incurring in this case. --Dan Garry, Wikimedia Foundation (talk) 13:50, 10 August 2018 (UTC)
I will ask an administrator to look at this solution in that case. As I am not able to edit the AbuseFilter on li.wiki. --OosWesThoesBes (talk) 11:13, 11 August 2018 (UTC)
@User:Deskana_(WMF): li.wiki administrator here. This seems like a very strange discussion. You are "giving" us a feature we do not want and/or need, and apparently we need to be grateful. Per the announcement: "This is an optional feature and no one must use it, but template contributors are encouraged to do so! Please discuss and let us know if there are any concerns. If there are no concerns we will proceed to deploy the feature on the 9th of August." We have discussed it (in the less than two days you have given us), we have concerns, we do not want to use it. Why is it being deployed then? In the future you might just as well don't announce things on our wiki and just deploy your "gifts". - Pahles (talk) 14:04, 11 August 2018 (UTC)

This Month in GLAM: August 2018[edit]

This Month in GLAM logo 2018.png




Headlines
Read this edition in fullSingle-page

To assist with preparing the newsletter, please visit the newsroom. Past editions may be viewed here.

About This Month in GLAM · Subscribe/Unsubscribe · Global message delivery · Romaine 13:23, 8 September 2018 (UTC)

To Johan the language[edit]

Thank you, that was nice and simple. And yes, future news is the right section for something that's in development. /Johan (WMF) (talk) 23:19, 12 September 2018 (UTC)

This Month in Education: September 2018[edit]

Wikipedia Education globe
This Month in Education

Volume 4 | Issue 9 | September 2018

This monthly newsletter showcases the Wikipedia Education Program. It focuses on sharing: your ideas, stories, success and challenges. You can see past editions here. You can also volunteer to help publish the newsletter. Join the team! Finally, don't forget to subscribe!


In This Issue
From the Community

Edu Wiki Camp 2018: New Knowledge for New Generation

Education loves Monuments: A Brazilian Tale

“I have always liked literature, now I like it even more thanks to Wikipedia”. Literature is in the air of WikiClubs․

History of Wikipedia Education programme at Christ (Deemed to be University)

Preparation for the autumn educational session of Selet WikiSchool is started

Wiki Camp Doyran 2018

Wikicamp Czech Republic 2018

Wikipedia offline in rural areas of Colombia

From the Education Team

Presentation on mapping education in the Wikimedia Movement

About This Month in Education · Subscribe/Unsubscribe · Global message delivery · For the team: Romaine 01:14, 9 October 2018 (UTC)

This Month in GLAM: September 2018[edit]

This Month in GLAM logo 2018.png




Headlines
  • Albania report: Collections of Museums in Albania
  • Armenia report: GLAM+Wikidata
  • Australia report: WikiTour AU
  • Brazil report: Developing tGLAM: a landing-page generator for GLAM initiatives
  • France report: European Heritage Days; Linked data for archaeology; Paris: Edit-a-thon at Mobilier National
  • Germany report: History of Women and Democracy, Wikipedia-Culture-Ambassadors and two GLAM-on-Tour-stations in just four weeks
  • Macedonia report: Wiki camps in Macedonia
  • Malaysia report: Wikipedia for Galleries, Libraries, Archives and Museum
  • Mexico report: Open GLAM Mexico 2018
  • Netherlands report: >20,000 press photographs 1940-1990 uploaded, GLAM Wiki Meeting, Aerial Photographs, GLAM-Wiki Manual & Wikipedia Course for Historical Societies
  • Norway report: Women in Red; Researhers Days 2018; The 2019 edition of #wikinobel
  • Poland report: Archival photographs and literary knowledge enrich Polish Wikipedia
  • Serbia report: Impact of GLAM seminars: Decentralization of GLAM activities
  • Sweden report: Wikidata P3595 Biografiskt lexikon för Finland; Student Project at the Nordic Museum; Learning about sources on Swedish Wikipedia
  • UK report: Botanical illustrations and Wiki Loves Monuments in Scotland
  • USA report: Back to school
  • Wikipedia Library report: Books & Bytes–Issue 30, August–September 2018
  • Wikidata report: Wikidata Tour Down Under
  • Calendar: October's GLAM events
Read this edition in fullSingle-page

To assist with preparing the newsletter, please visit the newsroom. Past editions may be viewed here.

About This Month in GLAM · Subscribe/Unsubscribe · Global message delivery · Romaine 05:29, 13 October 2018 (UTC)

The Community Wishlist Survey[edit]

Hi,

You get this message because you’ve previously participated in the Community Wishlist Survey. I just wanted to let you know that this year’s survey is now open for proposals. You can suggest technical changes until 11 November: Community Wishlist Survey 2019.

You can vote from November 16 to November 30. To keep the number of messages at a reasonable level, I won’t send out a separate reminder to you about that. /Johan (WMF) 11:24, 30 October 2018 (UTC)

This Month in GLAM: October 2018[edit]

This Month in GLAM logo 2018.png




Headlines
  • Belgium report: Erbstuecke edit-a-thon; Women in Tech edit-a-thon; Wiki Club Brussels; Wikidata workshop + party
  • Brazil report: "There is no reason not to participate in a GLAM-Wiki initiative": an interview with the director of the Museum of Veterinary Anatomy
  • Estonia report: Estonian art and geoscience collections finding their way to Commons
  • Finland report: (RE)Photographic autumn
  • France report: GLAMWiki 2018 Tel Aviv; City of Grenoble
  • Germany report: GLAMorous Conferences
  • Netherlands report: ‘More Gelders Heritage available via Wikimedia’ by Erfgoed Gelderland; Writing week Friesland; Wiki Techstorm
  • Norway report: Wiki Loves Monuments and wikinobel
  • Poland report: Heirlooms - locally and internationally
  • Serbia report: The growing GLAM
  • Sweden report: Roundtripping Project, Books Import and Wikidata Imported to SOCH
  • Switzerland report: Built heritage conservation on Commons; les sans pagEs at a Modern art museum
  • UK report: Wikidata in Oxford
  • USA report: Wikiconference North America Culture Crawl
  • WMF GLAM report: Documentation survey, Structured Data on Commons consultations, blog posts and conferences
  • Calendar: November's GLAM events
Read this edition in fullSingle-page

To assist with preparing the newsletter, please visit the newsroom. Past editions may be viewed here.

About This Month in GLAM · Subscribe/Unsubscribe · Global message delivery · Romaine 08:16, 9 November 2018 (UTC)

This Month in Education: November 2018[edit]

Wikipedia Education globe
This Month in Education

Volume 4 | Issue 10 | October 2018

This monthly newsletter showcases the Wikipedia Education Program. It focuses on sharing: your ideas, stories, success and challenges. You can see past editions here. You can also volunteer to help publish the newsletter. Join the team! Finally, don't forget to subscribe!


In This Issue
From the Community

A new academic course featuring Wikidata at Tel Aviv University

How we included Wikipedia edition into a whole University department curriculum

Meet the first board of the UG Wikipedia & Education

The education program has kicked off as the new academic year starts

The education program has kicked off as the new academic year starts in Albania

The first Wikimedia+Education conference will happen on April 5-7 at Donostia-Saint Sebastian

Using ORES to assign articles in Basque education program

What to write for Wikipedia about? Monuments!

Wikifridays: editing Wikipedia in the university

Writing articles on Wikipedia is our way of leaving legacy to the next generations

About This Month in Education · Subscribe/Unsubscribe · Global message delivery · For the team: Romaine 05:55, 12 November 2018 (UTC)

MMS[edit]

Hi, sorry to bother you but I just can't find a MMS list to unsubscribe, this is clearly a wrong place to send the message to in Chinese wikiversity, the village pump received a correct duplicate. Sorry for trouble but could you remove it from the MMS list. Thanks much.--Cohaf (talk) 20:46, 13 November 2018 (UTC)

Oh, no. Sorry for the duplicate. I used a tool that generates a list from Wikidata. I was trying to reach as many folks as possible so I sent it to both the Village Pump and specific talk page for one of the most commonly used templates for these kind of issues. CKoerner (WMF) (talk) 21:00, 13 November 2018 (UTC)
no worries, our project is just too small and no one will monitor the Talk pages hence is just a tinge of duplicate. In addition, we don't have any maintenance templates for our project and that's just a legacy from beta. Thanks for explanation.--Cohaf (talk) 22:46, 13 November 2018 (UTC)

de:WP mobile templates: no more than one place to comment[edit]

Hello, CKoerner,

would you most kindly consider responding to my contribution here, in particular concerning the desire to have no more than one place, where the issue is debated?

Best regards and thanks in advance --Eloquenzministerium (talk) 17:31, 14 November 2018 (UTC)

(I replied on-wiki) CKoerner (WMF) (talk) 22:02, 14 November 2018 (UTC)