|←2015 elections||Stewards (2015 elections > statements only)|
- Languages: et-N, en-3, fiu-vro-2, ru-2, de-1, fi-1
- Personal info: (English)
- Languages: az-N, tr-N, cek-N, kjj-3, crh-3, gag-3, ru-2, en-2, kk-1, tt-1, tk-1 and etc.
- Personal info: (English)Greetings all. Respecting tradition, I stand as a candidate again this time because the current rules allow me to become a candidate. I can assure you that after the election my action will be just as effective. You know me from previous elections. Once again I would like to inform you briefly about myself:
First time I registered in Wikipedia on 21 December, 2006 as Tərxan Paşazadə. But currently it’s inactive. Afterwards I registered on February 8, 2009 at Azerbaijani Wikipedia in the username of Cekli829. Since March 27, 2009 I have remained an active on wiki projects.
My account is active in about 829 sites of project - almost in all of the sites. Generally, I have more than 235 000 editing on the project. Currently I'm a member of at least 16 local groups (sysop/rollbacker/test-admin/reviewer/patroller/rollbacker/editor/etc...) in the wiki-project. I made more than 38 000 sysop actions only on Azerbaijani Wikipedia. I participated to the translation project translatewiki.net as well. Especially if you notice, the Turkish Wikipedia Collaborations project, where I was an active participant in this project in 2011, 2012 and I became the winner of the year. I'm also a member of the Small Wiki Monitoring Team. I have a great practice in global struggling against vandalism. I’m initiator and participant of Azerbaijani Wikinews, Khinalig Wikipedia projects in Incubator. One of my biggest contribution from the projects was the Commons project (10.000+ file); also Wikidata.
Wikiness is my lifestyle. I am busy on wiki projects from 1 to 10 hours in a day. I think wiki projects are the great common human worth. I want to be more helpful in this sphere. That is why I would like to serve as a Wikimedia steward. This is already the sixth time of my candidacy. Actually to be a candidate for the previous 5 elections was a great experience for me. Thus, further the elections has an important role in the improvement of my activity, forming as a professional wiki...
Please support with your vote all of candidates who you like! I wish only the useful result. Doubtless if wikisociety will support me, I am ready to assume the responsibility. I hope wikisociety will support and will give me this honorable responsibility. Because I’m truly a hard working user. You can trust me. Thank you for your consideration!
- Questions: See Stewards/Elections 2015/Questions#Cekli829
- Languages: de-N, gsw-N, eo-N, fr-3, en-3, it-3, es-2, nl-1, rm-1, la-1, pt-1, hu-1, vo-1, ca-1, ro-1, sv-1, da-1, nn-1, no-1, nov-1, io-1, af-1, vec-1, oc-1, pdc-1
- Personal info: (English)
- My real name is Dietrich Michael Weidmann
- My user account on Meta
- My user account on my home Wiki
- About my person: I was born in 1960 in Zurich, Switzerland, and I am linguist, translator and journalist. I was graduated in 1988 at the University of Zurich in general linguistics as lic. phil. My activities on Wikimedia projects: EO-Wikipedia: Administrator (since 2007) and burocrate (since 2014), about 125000 edits since 2006 on EO-Wikipedia (creation of more than 3000 articles), about 30000 edits on Commons (upload of more than 15000 pictures), about 15000 edits on German Wikipedia, active contributions to 156 different projects. Globally I did in all Wikimedia projects about 300'000 edits, i.e. I am among the 500 most active collaborators of Wikimedia. - I have special knowledge about international copy right law and did several research about questions of panoramic law for pictures in Switzerland to clear up and resolve a copyright conflict on Commons for about 2000 pictures taken inside of Swiss churches. I am actively fighting vandalism. With steward access I could due to my language knowledge help fighting vandalism in small Wiki projects (like for example Volapuk, Ido or Novial, where active administrators are missing).
- Languages: pl, en-3, fr-2
- Personal info: (English)Hello!
I'm Einsbor from Warsaw, Poland. I had begun contributing to Wikimedia projects in 2012, became more active in 2013. My contributions are focused in general on recent changes patrolling, fighting vandalism and long-term abuse, mostly on plwiki, but I also help in global countervandalism work. I am an admin, oversighter, member of local ArbCom at plwiki and OTRS member. Because I still feel that with my skills and knowledge I can do more for Wikimedia projects, I decided to apply for stewardship.
Due to the fact that I have relatively little cross-wiki vandalism and spam fighting experience, if elected, I want to help mostly with oversight, checkuser, permissions requests and LTA fighting. On plwiki we have a problem with an LTA user - Wikinger. Due to his abusive activity (including libelous contribs) a few Polish providers had been banned globally (a few times) by a former Polish steward, a lot of open proxies have been banned. Now I give work for stewards - if elected, I will be able to do it by myself.
- Questions: See Stewards/Elections 2015/Questions#Einsbor
- Languages: zh, en-3, fr-1, ko-1
- Personal info: (English)Hello. I was a steward from 2007 to 2014. I am an administrator on many wikis, namely Meta, Wikimedia Commons, Wikipedia, Wiktionary, Wikiquote, Wikisource, and Chinese Wikibooks. I speak Mandarin Chinese (native in traditional Chinese, also reading simplified), followed by English (advanced), then French (between basic and intermediate), and Korean (basic) as my fourth language, thanks to Wikibooks about Korean. Surprisingly, I see no Korean-speaking steward, not even user ko-1. Hopefully my return will encourage even more skilled and language-inclusive participation here. The fastest way to contact me is by email. Thanks so much.--Jusjih (talk) 03:05, 21 January 2015 (UTC)
- Questions: See Stewards/Elections 2015/Questions#Jusjih
- Languages: fr-N; en-2; it-2
- Personal info: (English)Hi everyone. I started to contribute on Wikipedia at the end of 2007 and I signed in 2008. I am sysop on frwiki since 2011 and abusefilter since 2012. I'm also an OTRS volunteer and an SWMT member since 2013. I have checkuser rights on a group of wiki (currently not a Wikimedian one) since june 2014 and I think this experience could be beneficial as a steward in the crosswiki vandalism fight. In conclusion, I'm present on #wikimedia-stewards as often as possible. Thanks, Linedwell@frwiki (talk) 16:42, 19 January 2015 (UTC)
- Questions: See Stewards/Elections 2015/Questions#Linedwell
- Languages: es, en-2, fr-2, la-1 (can understand written an, ca, pt, la, gr, it, gl, ext)
- Personal info: (English)I have the honor to address you and introduce myself again for your consideration on this steward elections for 2015. And I say again because in the past I was honored with your trust and support and I was elected steward in 2010, and confirmed each year (see I, II & III) until my retirement in july 2013 due to serious health reasons. Until that time, I was one of the most active stewards on the team performing all kind of duties.
After feeling better, I looked to resume my participation on Wikimedia Projects and started editing again, so I did, and suddenly started working again on the areas I used to spend time in the past too, such as prevention and management of spam and vandalism across the projects, but also general maintenance on local projects where I used to work as a regular user, and some of those projects have agreed to restore my old accesses over there as well. As of today I am a sysop and bureaucrat on the Spanish Wikibooks and Meta-Wiki (where I am also a CheckUser) and I have held administrator permissions on the Spanish Wikipedia and at Wikimedia Commons. I also was a member of the OTRS system.
With the development of new features such as the global edit (abuse) filter, I must recognize that my cross-wiki involvement (such as vandalism and spam rollback) may appear low. That doesn’t mean that I have no involvement as of today, however it is true that I now am working differently as I did in the past, and prefer to center my efforts looking for specific problems and go fixing them, or doing centralized management of counter-spam activities via the spam blacklist and our automated bot reports, among other watchlists I have. This allows me to be more efficient. So, while my crosswiki edits may appear distant in time, this does not mean I have abandoned the surveillance as I’ve said. My continuous meta requests to have spambots and vandals (b)locked demonstrates it
I’d like to be elected steward again in one hand to continue and resume performing the tasks I used to do in my past term, and on the other hand of course act on steward requests made here at Meta-Wiki. Also, with the forthcomming SUL finalization, it is to expect that we may get a lot of new requests for help with SUL issues and global renamings, and I’d like to be able to help on that as well. It is, after all, a wish to better serve the communities again.
My language competence is described above. Spanish is my native language, being able to read and write in English and French at intermediate level, while being also able to understand written italian and other romanic languages such as Catalan, Galician and a bit of Latin and Greek.
Being a steward in the not-so-far past for three years, and local functionary on some others projects for a bit longer I still consider myself in good standing and with the experience to perform again the steward duties with correctness and in an active way, always taking into account our policies. As in the past, I am reachable on my talk page, via email and often on some IRC channels on the freenode network.
I hope that I can still be worthy of your trust and thus you can support this candidacy.Best regards.
- Questions: See Stewards/Elections 2015/Questions#MarcoAurelio
- Languages: zh-N, en-3
- Personal info: (English)Good day, this is mys_721tx. I joined Wikipedia in 2009 and am an administrator and a checkuser on Chinese Wikipedia. I was in the 2011 election but did not success due to the lack of cross-wiki activity. I subsequently became an Commons admin in the same year, and later an Meta admin the following year. My works on Wikipedia primarily involve center-vandalism on Chinese Wikipedia; I also help with house-keeping on those projects and respond to info-zh and permissions queue in OTRS.
- Questions: See Stewards/Elections 2015/Questions#Mys_721tx
- Languages: NL, en-3, de-1
- Personal info: (English)I am Natuur12 and I would like to apply for steward. I registered in 2012 but I became active early 2013. I started contributing at the Dutch Wikipedia and I became active at Commons and other projects later. I became an OTRS-member somewhere in August 2013 and I became a sysop at the Dutch Wikipedia the same year. January the year thereafter I became an admin at Wikimedia Commons and a couple of months later I joined the Dutch Wikipedia's Arbcom.
I am active in fighting vandalism and I often counter LTA's which are active on several projects plus I like to deal with spambots from time to time. I am good in recognizing patterns in general plus I know how to catch sockpuppets quite well. I easily remember, discover and notice their patterns. I am familiar with IRC and I am a channel operator in several channels.
Having the steward tools would allow me to do my work faster and more easily plus I will be able to do better follow-ups. I don't use the steward requests at Meta often since I do most requests via the IRC channel #wikimedia-stewards or I ask certain stewards in private. If in doubt or if I don't know how to act I will ask other Stewards for advice first and I am a quick learner.
I am a male editor who lives in the Netherlands and I am 22 years old. In daily life I'm a student at a university of applied sciences. I'm interested in biology and environmental sciences. I often write about those topics. My native language is Dutch, I can speak English at a decent level and I understand a little bit of German.
- Questions: See Stewards/Elections 2015/Questions#Natuur12
- Languages: en(-4), bn, hi-2, de-1, (as, hif, bpy)-0.5
- Personal info: (English)Hi, I'm Pmlineditor, an editor in Wikimedia wikis since 2008 and I wish to nominate myself to serve as a steward. I registered my account in the English Wikipedia on 3 December 2008 and started contributing there. Soon, I moved to Simple English Wikipedia (and other Simple English projects), where I became an admin on 12 September 2009. I have edited in multiple wikis in the last 6-7 years, including English Wikiquote, Wikinews and the Simple English projects. I have recently started contributing to the Bengali projects, particularly Wiktionary & Wikisource as well.
Currently, I am an admin and a bureaucrat in the Simple English Wikipedia, and an admin on Meta-Wiki, English Wikiquote & Simple English Wiktionary. I have been a more or less active member of SWMT from 2010, and have global rollback (since September 2009) and global sysop (2010-2014 and from 2014 October - now) rights to help in crosswiki antivandalism and anti-spam efforts (please refer to this page for more details). I am also a global renamer since September 2014.
If elected as a steward, I will primarily handle global locks and blocks for crosswiki vandals and spammers. As a global renamer, I can only perform SUL renames, but if elected as a steward, I can handle usurpation requests as well. With SUL finalization approaching, I expect there will be an influx of local & global rename requests, which I can help handling. I also expect to handle Steward requests made in Meta-Wiki if elected, particularly those at SRGP, SRG & SRP.
I am a native speaker of Bengali and can fluently read and write English. I have an average understanding of Hindi and can read and more or less understand some languages written in the Bengali alphabet. I have basic knowledge of German as well.
I am active on several IRC channels, including #cvn-sw, #wikimedia-stewards, #wikimedia-rename and #wikimedia-gs when I am online (even if I'm not editing), therefore I can take care of requests if contacted there. My timezone is UTC+5:30 (Indian Standard Time).I have read and will follow the Checkuser, Oversight and Stewards policy and other policies related to Steward tools. Thanks for your time and consideration!
- Questions: See Stewards/Elections 2015/Questions#Pmlineditor
- Languages: pt, en-3, es-2, fr-2, gl-1, it-1, sk-1, sq-1, ms-1, hi-1
- Personal info: (English)Hello, everyone.
I started contributing to the Wikimedia projects in January 2008, on the Portuguese Wikipedia. Since then, I involved more and more into administrative tasks and I became a local administrator there and in some few wikis. I have also been a bureaucrat in this project for about four years. In November 2010, I joined the Small Wiki Monitoring Team in order to help out with the global countervandalism stuff. In June 2011, I was given the global rollbacker permission and, in March 2012, the global sysop one. I am also a global renamer.
My contributions are mainly focused on global patrolling and countervandalism related duties. On a daily basis, I deal with the management of vandalisms and spambots across the small wikis, and I also try to help in other tasks as much as I can.
As a global sysop, I often take part in many IRC channels under the nick
RuyP. I can also be easily reached via my talk pages on different wikis and by email. I was a bit busy in part of 2014, due to health and academic issues. However, I returned in November and I have been keeping very active as before.
I am a native Portuguese speaker, but I can understand English and Spanish pretty well though, while being able to write in English at a decent level (IMHO). I can also comprehend written French, Galician and Italian, and I have a very basic understanding of Albanian, Slovak, Malay and Hindi.
I am experienced with bureaucrat, checkuser and admin tools, and I am aware of the policies regarding of CheckUser, Oversight and Stewardry. I was already an ArbCom member and a local checkuser for almost two years (2009-2010), the reason why I am registered in the Identification noticeboard since February 2009.
I have decided to apply for stewardship because I am willing to do more for Wikimedia projects. Still, the GS toolkit is not enough to deal properly with long-term abuses (LTA). It would be quite useful to handle global (b)locks and even assist with emergency actions in some local wikis. Since I am from the "Global South", sometimes it is a bit hard to find someone to take care of this (even via irc), specially in the time zone where I live in Brazil (-3).
If I am elected, I also intend to help out with user rights managements (both local and global), Oversight requests, and so on. I am far from perfect, which means sometimes I can make mistakes. However, I always keep myself open to feedback. So, if you have any questions, please, don't hesitate to ask me.on meta and on ptwiki.
- Questions: See Stewards/Elections 2015/Questions#Ruy_Pugliesi
- Languages: fi, en-2, sv-1
- Personal info: (English)Hi everyone, I'm Stryn from Finland. My home wiki is the Finnish Wikipedia where I started contributing actively in October 2009. There I have been an administrator since January 2011 and member of the Arbitration Committee since October 2013. During my first years on Wikimedia I contributed mainly on Finnish Wikipedia, but later I became interested also of other Wikimedia projects and nowadays I'm active globally.
I became an administrator on Wikidata in November 2012. There I was also an oversighter between September 2013 and June 2014. In September 2014 I became an administrator here, on Meta-Wiki. I am also a global sysop (from April 2014) and I have an access to few OTRS queues (fiwiki-info and wikidata). In 2014 I was about 5 months member of the Ombudsman commission.
I have been active member of SWMT where I have patrolled vandalism since January 2013. I decided to nominate myself for stewardship to be able to stop cross-wiki vandals and spambots. Though I try to help also in other steward duties as much as I can.
I speak Finnish as my native language, but I can also understand English pretty well, though long discussions may take more my time. I know Swedish basics, but long discussions using that language are not possible for me. I live in UTC+2 timezone. I am available most of the day either by email or onwiki. On IRC I'm always online when I'm on my computer.I am aware of the policies regarding usage of CheckUser and Oversight tools as well the stewards policy. Thank you for considering and don't hesitate to ask questions.
- Questions: See Stewards/Elections 2015/Questions#Stryn
- Languages: nl, li, en-4, de-1, fr-1, la-1
- Personal info: (English)Hello you,
I am Taketa, a medical student from the Netherlands. I mostly write articles and add images to pages. I am a member of WM Netherlands and WM Belgium, visited Wikimania '11 and '12, and assist/coordinate offline wiki starter courses, GLAM cooperations and activities.
My home project is the Dutch Wikipedia where I wrote my first article in February 2008. There I have been an administrator since December 2008, a bureaucrat since February 2010, and maintain the admin and bureaucrat mailing lists. I was a member of the Arbitration Committee in 2009/10 and 2012/13, became an OTRS volunteer in 2010 (info-nl, info-en, permission) and a Wikidata admin in June 2014. I was one of the first global renamers in September 2014, and mainly help at the English Wikipedia request page, which is still open for the moment.
There are over 100 global renamers and stewards watching the rename request pages, mainly on meta. As such the global requests can be dealt with in a timely manner. In my experience however usurpation requests can, at times, take longer. The work is mainly done by only few stewards. I would like to help answer these usurpation requests as a steward. I used to handle usurpation requests as a bureaucrat, and have experience with renaming on the Dutch and English Wikipedia. With the upcoming SUL finalisation, and possible new functions to combine accounts, an extra hand will lessen the load. I would also like to assist with permission requests and eventually help in other steward duties.
I speak Dutch, Limburgish and English, and understand German and French. I live in UTC+1 timezone, am online several times a day, and can be reached via email. I am only sporadically on IRC. I agree to abide by the policies governing steward access, checkuser access, oversight access, and privacy. Thank you for your consideration. Feel free to ask questions!Sincerely, Taketa (talk) 14:38, 19 January 2015 (UTC)
- Questions: See Stewards/Elections 2015/Questions#Taketa
- Languages: English, Croatian
- Personal info: (English)I hereby nominate myself as a Steward, my main project, focus and involvement has been allocated to the Croatian Wikipedia Project. I have been involved with the Croatian Wikipedia since 6th of May, 2004, and have been an administrator since 2006. As a user, editor and administrator I have made many contributions to the Croatian Wikipedia project, contributing a lot in writing articles, adding other digital content such as graphics, diagrams, photographs and the like. My approach is one of collaboration, respect and consensus which can be vouched by many editors and users of the Croatian Wikipedia and wider. Vodomar (talk) 22:07, 18 January 2015 (UTC)
- Questions: See Stewards/Elections 2015/Questions#Vodomar