- Wikipedia username
- Email (optional)
Please tell us which existing Wikimedia projects (Wikipedia, Commons, etc.) and language versions you are contributing to, and some of your best contribution towards the project and movement. Please add relevant Wiki/external link wherever applicable
- I have been contributing mainly to Wikimedia Commons and my local Wikipedia i.e Odia Wikipedia. []
- I have been primarily active in outreach programs for my local Wikimedia and was part of the organising team in many events like several edit-a-thons,education programs, training workshops, orientation programs etc.
- I also have digitized more than 2000 pages from 40 old books(scanning) with the help of a scanner provided by CIS.
- I have been part of a valuable project named project Parichaya under which we have collected voice intro, self signatures as well as the photograph of more than 50 Writers/Singers etc. We also have got more than 50 books under free license,with the help of this project.[]
- I have improved more than 100 article in Odia Wikipedia by adding references, fixing spellings, cleaning dead-end pages, adding photographs etc.
- I also have some contributions on wikidata and odia Wikisource.
What type of support you need
Why do you need this support (Internet and/or laptop)
- I have been contributing in all the mentioned projects continuously till my own laptop got out of order(by the end of October 2017). I also have been scanning books but unable to edit/clean them to upload to commons. This support will help me boost my contribution.
- Currently I ask laptop from my friends/depending upon the use of computers available in my college laboratory to contribute to Wikimedia Projects and many times I am unable to do any contribution at all because I don't have my own laptop.
- The productivity of the scanner I have currently is not up to the mark as I am able to use that only with borrowed laptops.
- I am a student now and sometimes it is not feasible for me to afford the high-speed internet charge.
How will you use this in the next six months?
- I have already collected more than thirty copyright-free books. I'll scan and upload them to Wikimedia Commons and add the books to Odia WIkisource.
- I will process the already scanned books.
- I'll be able to continue my contribution to all Wikimedia Projects.
Community discussion and endorsements
Please keep the discussion friendly, and note number of endorsement may not be the only way to assess an application's merit
- Support-- I have met Chinnu at Stockhome diversity conference and have observed her daring enthusiasm towards Wikimedia goals. With some additional facilitatory support, I earnestly expect that she has much more potential to continue as a prominent Wikimedian not just in Odisha community but at the whole Indian scenario at large as well as Global Wikimedia projects. I strongly support her application. ViswaPrabhaവിശ്വപ്രഭtalk 19:30, 11 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support --Bikash Ojha (talk) 02:06, 12 February 2018 (UTC)
- Strong Support - Excellent effort towards WMF development. IMHO, eligible candidate. — Tulsi Bhagat (talk) 03:07, 12 February 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support Very active contributer on wikimedia --Aliva Sahoo (talk) 03:39, 12 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support Hpsatapathy (talk) 04:55, 12 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support She is one sincere and active wikimedian . Must get support. --Hellohappy (talk) 05:15, 12 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support Delicately she is working for Odia Wikipedia and recently completed her 1000 edit in Commons Wikimedia. And she deserves this.--Sangaram Keshari Senapati (talk) 05:18, 12 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support She is one of the most sincere and hardworking Wikimedians of the Odia community and one of the few active contributors to the Odia Wikisource. I have been aware of the difficulties she has been facing since her laptop showed up problems. Supporting her will ensure that she can continue the good work. Prateek Pattanaik (talk) 05:36, 12 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support She has been a consistent and dedicated contributor. She needs to be supported. I strongly endorse.--Pavanaja (talk) 08:02, 12 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support -- Sankoswal (talk) 12:20, 12 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support--she should get support as her contribution to Odia language is much needed. Pmsarangi (talk) 13:18, 12 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support --Janak Bhatta (talk) 15:57, 12 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support Sumita Roy Dutta (talk) 16:53, 12 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support DashNistha (talk) 17:12, 12 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support I met her during Wikimedia diversity conference 2017 and found her very much devoted to her work. These support will help her to become more active and dedicated wikipedian.--Afifa Afrin (talk) 17:14, 12 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support ; Keep up the good work! -- Mayank Bhardwaj (theswarltperson) 13 February 2018, 17:29:48 IST
- Support Regards, Krishna Chaitanya Velaga (talk — mail) 18:22, 13 February 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support--Aditya Mahar (talk) 12:20, 14 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support --Subhashish Panigrahi (talk) 02:03, 15 February 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support --Kritzolina (talk) 08:03, 15 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support--ଶିତିକଣ୍ଠ ଦାଶ (talk) 16:40, 15 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support--Manojk (talk) 16:56, 23 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support----Subas Chandra Rout (talk) 05:28, 24 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support--Sugeesh (talk) 17:23, 26 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support Glad to see her contributions, my support if it can be considered being an applicant here! -- ɑηsuмaη «Talk» 19:00, 28 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support - Satpal Dandiwal (talk) 17:01, 5 March 2018 (UTC)