User talk:Afifa Afrin
Welcome to Meta!
Hello, Afifa Afrin. Welcome to the Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! This website is for coordinating and discussing all Wikimedia projects. You may find it useful to read our policy page. If you are interested in doing translations, visit Meta:Babylon. You can also leave a note on Meta:Babel or Wikimedia Forum if you need help with something (please read the instructions at the top of the page before posting there). Happy editing!
-- Meta-Wiki Welcome (talk) 10:58, 18 March 2014 (UTC)
Reporting and other updates for WikiConference India 2016 scholarship recipients
Glad to get in touch with you after the conference!
- Please give your feedback for the conference through this survey before 25th August 2016.
- As part of the scholarship agreement, please document your learnings and experience using the form here before 31st August 2016.
- If you haven't claimed reimbursement yet, please fill this claim form and post it to the following address before 18th August, 2016. Please attach original bills and boarding passes. Please note that we won't be extending the date any further.
- The Centre for Internet and Society,
- Attention: Mr. Ajoy Kumar,
- No. 194, 2nd ‘C’ Cross, Domlur, 2nd Stage, Bengaluru, 560071.
- Please upload your conference presentations at Commons under WikiConference India 2016 presentations category.
- Please upload pictures, videos you shot during the conference at Commons under an appropriate subcategory of WikiConference India 2016 category.
Message posted by Ravi
Maithili Wikimedians volunteer members has taken a challenge in itself i.e. Mission 10. The focus and aim of the challenge is to complete 10,000 articles on Maithili Wikipedia before the end of this year 2016. As of November 30, 5,555 articles were made on Maithili Wikipedia. From the 1st of December until the 31st of December the challenge will run on Maithili Wikipedia. The challenge is divided on 2 basic parts Online and Offline events. The online event is focused on creating articles and offline parts is about meeting with Maithili speakers from different parts of Nepal. For more info, Please see project page here on meta-wiki as well local page on maiwiki. Kind Regards, TBhagat (talk) --MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 16:00, 2 December 2016 (UTC)
Wikimedia Diversity Conference: We need your help!
Dear User:Afifa Afrin,
Thank you for signing up to be an ambassador for Wikimedia Diversity Conference 2017! Some of the conference pages are now marked for translation. Please consider translating these pages to the languages you know so that people around the world can read about Wikimedia Diversity Conference in the languages they are familiar with. Please click on the 'Translate this page ' link on top of the main page of the conference to start translating! We are grateful that ambassadors like you are striving to make the Diversity Conference truly global and multi-linguistic. --Netha Hussain (talk) 15:06, 25 July 2017 (UTC)
Wikimedia diversity - What happened at the conference and how to follow up
Hello Afifa Afrin,
We are messaging you now because you signed up as an ambassador for Wikimedia Diversity Conference 2017. We are sharing this message far and wide, so apologies in advance if you are receiving this message twice.
During the conference, we dedicated a full afternoon to discussing the strategic direction and what it means for the work on diversity in the Wikimedia movement. Compiling the outcomes of those conversations, we summarized the key problems and solutions identified, and we created a summary statement. But the conversation is far from over! We still need to hear from diversity ambassadors: (1) what does working for diversity mean at your local context?; (2) what are the needs that should be addressed; (3) what resources are relevant for these identified needs?
We know that diversity gains meaning in context, and this is why we need to hear every voice. Please take a few minutes to go over to the diversity conversation page and add your comments.
If you’d like to stay in touch, and share your experience working for diversity with others, add your profile on our group here.
Thank you and see you on the wiki,
MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 17:40, 5 December 2017 (UTC)
Wiki Loves Food
Hello! After the successful pilot program by Wikimedia India in 2015, Wiki Loves Food (WLF) is happening again in 2018 and this year, we are going International. To make this event a grant success, your direction is key. Please sign up as a volunteer or sign up on behalf of your affiliate here. --Abhinav619 (talk) 09:06, 27 April 2018 (UTC)
I noticed that you have signed up as a Wikimedia Diversity Ambassador, after the Diversity Conference held in Stockholm 2017. In August this year, Wikimania will take place in Stockholm, and our goal is to use Ambassadors to reach out to local communities, to spread the news about the conference and the outcomes afterwards. The conference theme (still to be announced) will connect closely to diversity. If you would like to be involved as a Wikimania ambassador, please sign up at the Ambassador page at the Wikimania wiki!
A first thing to do, if you would like to help out, would be to translate the scholarship page at the Wikimania wiki into the language(s) you speak!
Best, Eric Luth (WMSE) (talk) 09:10, 13 February 2019 (UTC)
Thank you for helping to create the Wikimedia 2030 Movement Strategy Recommendations
|Thank you very much for everything you did to help create the Wikimedia 2030 Movement Strategy Recommendations! I am especially grateful for the enormous amount of work you did in the Diversity working group and all the care and commitment you brought to the process. --Nicole Ebber (WMDE) (talk) 09:30, 25 June 2020 (UTC)|
Invitation to affiliate members to complete a survey about WMF wide Universal Code of Conduct
Hello; My name is Mervat, and I am helping the Trust and Safety team to reach out to affiliates in order to discuss the Universal Code of Conduct. I am contacting you as you are a member of the Wikimedians for Sustainable Development User Group. If you have received this from other user groups/chapters, you can ignore.
There has been talks about the need for a global set of conduct rules in different communities over time, and finally, Wikimedia Foundation Board announced a Community Culture Statement, enacting new standards to address harassment and promote inclusivity across projects.Since the universal code of conduct that will be a binding minimum set of standards across all Wikimedia projects, will apply to all of us, staff and volunteers alike, all around the globe, and will impact our work as groups, individuals and projects, it’s of great importance that we all participate in expressing our opinions and thoughts about UCoC, its nature, what we think it should cover or include and what it shouldn’t include; how it may develop, drawback or help our groups. This is the time to talk about it. As you are a valuable contributor to the Wikimedia movement, your voice counts. Before starting to draft the code of conduct, we would like to hear from you; We invite you to devote some minutes to take this survey; your answers will help us create a safer environment for all on Wikimedia:
It’s possible that you are a member of more than one affiliate; hence you may receive this survey more than once, and you may have participated previously in the discussions or filled out a previous survey during the first round of consultations about UCoC which targeted wikipedia/wikimedia communities. We apologize for this; it is really difficult to identify if a wikimedian belongs to multiple groups that work to spread free knowledge. Looking forward to your thoughts and opinions and hoping that you can respond within the next 2 weeks. If you have any questions about the surveys or difficulties accessing the link, please contact me by email (email@example.com)Results will be considered during the drafting process for the UCoC. Thank you for your participation.
Mervat Salman - Trust & Safety (Policy) Facilitator, Wikimedia Foundation. --Mervat (WMF) (talk) 12:29, 4 August 2020 (UTC)
West Bengal Wikimedians open for community request
Hi Afifa Afrin!
You are receiving this message because you have signed as a General member of the West Bengal Wikimedians User Group.
Like previous years, we are asking our members again to request for support if they wish to plan and execute Wikimedia projects or activities during next year, which require funding. We are open for such requests until November 30, 2020. Based on the fund requests from the community members, the user group will place Rapid grant proposal to Wikimedia Foundation. If the rapid grant request is approved, funds will be allocated to the community members accordingly.
We can only approve request for volunteers who are from West Bengal and is limited to activities where in some way, West Bengal is included. The decision to approve or disapprove your request will be handled by Representative members of the user group.
(On behalf of West Bengal Wikimedians User Group)
Invitation to participate in Universal Code of Conduct survey - WikiWomen's User Group
(You are receiving this message as you signed your interest to participate as part of the WikiWomen's User Group)
Hello, my name is Mervat Salman, a UCoC Facilitator, Trust and Safety team.
As you know, the WMF Board of Trustees ratified the Universal Code of Conduct early in February. That's the beginning; the policy itself cannot be used if the enforcement pathways are not defined. The implementation and enforcement of the UCoC requires the continuous cooperation to define clear definitions of enforcement pathways and processes. This needs to be done in a way that does not contradict with the internal bylaws and codes of conduct currently in place, but rather to support them and complement their deficiencies, if any.
In this phase of the process, we would like to invite you to share your ideas, thoughts and concerns about the UCoC implementation, reporting and enforcement pathways using this survey:
Notice: This survey will be conducted via a third-party service, which may subject it to additional terms. For more information on privacy and data-handling, see the survey privacy statement <https://foundation.wikimedia.org/wiki/UCoC_Affiliates_Survey_Privacy_Statement>.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mervat (WMF) 17:00, 9 April 2021 (UTC)
Hello! Thanks for being a member of Wikimedians for Sustainable Development. We recently did a poll and understood that our newsletter was quite unknown. This is therefore a one-time invitation for all our members to sign up for our monthly newsletter. Best regards, ♥Ainali talkcontributions 21:50, 27 December 2022 (UTC)
Wikimedians for Sustainable Development - December 2022 Newsletter
- January 15: Online user group meeting (SDG all)
- Wiki Loves Plants (SDG 15)
- 365 climate edits (SDG 13)
- Women in Climate Change 2022 (SDG 5 & 13)
- New Book: Open Mapping Towards Sustainable Development Goals (SDG all)
- English Wikipedia: List of alismatid families (SDG 15)
New Wikidata properties
- has biological vector (SDG 15)
- Bureau of Meteorology location ID (SDG 13)
- CIViC gene ID (SDG 3)
- Biographical Dictionary of the Australian Senate ID (SDG 16)
- Tanzania Parliament member ID (SDG 16)
- Lygaeoidea Species File ID (SDG 15)
This message was sent with Global message delivery by Ainali (talk) 14:37, 1 January 2023 (UTC) • Contribute • Manage subscription
Wikimedians for Sustainable Development - January 2023 Newsletter
- Upcoming: 19 February - User group meeting (SDG all)
- Past: 15 January - User group meeting (SDG all)
- Ongoing: Wiki Loves Plants (SDG 14)
- Ongoing: 365 climate edits (SDG 13)
- Upcoming: The 2023 Bug of the Year Edit-a-thon (SDG 14)
- Past: Lexeme challenge Urology (SDG 3)
- Past: Swedish Wikipedia weekly challenge - Frogs versus lizards (SDG 14)
- Past: Three hundred episodes of Critter of the Week (SDG 14)
- Past: Wikidata Queries around the SARS-CoV-2 virus and pandemic (SDG 3)
- Past: Women in Climate Change 2022 (SDG 5 & 13)
- The stories behind the Wiki Loves Earth 2022 photos from Türkiye (SDG 14)
- Announcing our funding support from the Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) (SDG 3)
- Jumping for science: how Wikipedia assignments inspire STEM students (SDG 14)
- Birds of NYC Photo Contest Winners announced! (SDG 14)
- Using Wikidata to Connect Constituents With Their Government (SDG 16)
- Wiki Loves Earth 2022 presents the winners of the special nomination “Human rights and environment”! (SDG 10 & 14)
- Equity, diversity & inclusion in affiliate governance (SDG 5 & 10)
- Editor uses Wikidata to find new uses for existing drugs and speed up approval process for new treatments (SDG 3)
- WikiForHumanRights Information Session (SDG 10)
- English Wikipedia: List of birds of Tuvalu (SDG 14)
- English Wikipedia: List of World Heritage Sites in Laos (SDG 11)
- English Wikipedia: List of World Heritage Sites in Bangladesh (SDG 11)
New Wikidata properties
- NIP (SDG 16)
- NSR doctor ID (SDG 3)
- UniProt disease ID (SDG 3)
- Strazha ID (SDG 16)
- United States House of Representatives ID (SDG 16)
This message was sent with Global message delivery by Ainali (talk) 16:25, 1 February 2023 (UTC) • Contribute • Manage subscription
Wikimedians for Sustainable Development - February 2023 Newsletter
- 2023-03-05 User group meeting (SDG all)
- Wikimedians_for_Sustainable_Development/Next_meeting (SDG all)
- Ongoing: 365 climate edits (SDG 13)
- Ongoing: Suggest "Environmental sustainability and climate crisis" topics for Wikimania (SDG all)
- Ongoing: Africa Environment WikiFocus (SDG 13)
- Past: Edit for Climate Change: Wikipedia Editathon (SDG 13)
- Past: WikiForHumanRights 2023 Campaign: Capacity Building Sessions on "Tools for Finding the Right Articles" and "Building Article List with Petscan" (SDG 10 & 13)
- Past: WikiForHumanRights 2023 Campaign: Regional Office Hours for Africa and Maghreb Regions (SDG 10 & 13)
- 3000 Arctic images (SDG 13)
- SMART-Servier Medical Art upload (SDG 3)
New Wikidata properties
- Norwegian war prisoner detention camp ID (SDG 16)
- Iowa legislator ID (SDG 16)
- National Grid Balancing Mechanism unit ID (SDG 7)
Wikidata query examples
- Map of disasters by type (SDG 11)
- English Wikipedia: South Asian river dolphin (SDG 14)
- English Wikipedia: List of World Heritage Sites in Sri Lanka (SDG 11)
- English Wikipedia: List of lamiid families (SDG 15)
This message was sent with Global message delivery by Ainali (talk) 18:57, 1 March 2023 (UTC) • Contribute • Manage subscription
Wikimedians for Sustainable Development - March 2023 Newsletter
- Upcoming: User group meeting 2023-04-02 (SDG all)
- Past: User group meeting 2023-03-05 (SDG all)
- Ongoing: 365 climate edits (SDG 13)
- Upcoming: WikiForHumanRights (SDG 10 & 13)
- Upcoming: April 19 - LaGuardia Community College Earth Day Translatathon with Casa de las Américas NYC (SDG 13)
- Upcoming: April 22 - Earth Day 2023 Edit-a-thon Environment of Brooklyn Focus with Sure We Can (SDG 13)
- Upcoming: April 23 - Earth Day Wiknic NYC (SDG 13)
- Past: Gender and culture related event to test image suggestions on Wikipedia (SDG 5)
- Past: Feminism and Folklore 2023 (SDG 5)
- Past: Art+Feminism edit-a-thon for Nigerian female artists (SDG 5)
- Putting our energy into Wikipedia as climate action (SDG 13)
- How Art+Feminism is using Wikipedia to promote equity in the art world (SDG 5)
- Biodiversity Heritage Library and Wikidata (SDG 15)
- Black history month and more (SDG 10)
- Women Do News: Tackling the Gender Divide in Journalism Through Wikipedia (SDG 5)
- Wiki Loves Earth 2023 is starting! (SDG 15)
- The Quest to Close the Gender Gap on Wikipedia Continues; Five-Year Anniversary with Feminism & Folklore (SDG 5)
- WikiGap Malaysia 2023: Empowering women in indigenous languages (SDG 5)
- Wikipedia has a climatetech problem (SDG 13)
New Wikidata properties
- NCI Drug Dictionary ID (SDG 3)
- Malaysia Federal Legislation act ID (SDG 16)
- Moscow University Herbarium ID (SDG 15)
- Norwegian Petroleum Directorate field ID (SDG 13)
- English Wikipedia: List of Saxifragales families (SDG 15)
- English Wikipedia: Red-throated wryneck (SDG 15)
This message was sent with Global message delivery by Ainali (talk) 07:42, 1 April 2023 (UTC) • Contribute • Manage subscription