- 1 A note about implementation
- 2 Request for watcher
- 3 A few notes
- 4 Broken?
- 5 Problem
- 6 Suggestions?
- 7 Log in
- 8 Another Watcher
- 9 Ask a question
- 10 Changed username
- 11 Could someone please add me to the watcher list?
- 12 Can I get added?
- 13 Number of page watchers tool deprecated
- 14 Can I get added?
- 15 I don't understand what's happened ?
A note about implementation
The watcher tool looks at User and User talk page links on this page, so the format is largely irrelevant (bulleted lists, numbered lists, <poem>, whatever). This also comes with the caveat that if replication lag is high, it may take longer for the authorization to work, though in the past few months, replication lag for metawiki_p has been near 0 (knock on wood). --MZMcBride 20:53, 21 November 2009 (UTC)
Request for watcher
A few notes
- Unicode support should be fixed now
- Replication lag is pretty high currently
--MZMcBride 00:39, 17 January 2011 (UTC)
Is there anything wrong with the database? When trying to log in, the tool tells me that I'm not on the access list. -- Sir Gawain 10:14, 7 August 2011 (UTC)
- Seems, that the replag of s3 causes the error. -- Sir Gawain 13:56, 7 August 2011 (UTC)
I was authorized for access more than three days ago (see list above). If I go to the login page, the tool is letting me log in, but I'm still getting the dash for pages with fewer than 30 watchers. I've tried clearing my cache. What am I doing wrong? Deor 14:00, 13 September 2011 (UTC)
- Same to me. Lantus 15:10, 1 November 2011 (UTC)
I've been on the access list for over a week, and when I log in, I'm still told I'm not on the access list. Tried clearing cache, cookies, the usual. Suggestions? Thanks. --Seduisant 03:13, 8 December 2011 (UTC)
- I had the same problem for a while (combined with some sort of outage or TUSC or of my credentials memory, couldn't login at all). Today I'm recognized only if I login on HTTP (not HTTPS) and without underscore. Nemo 21:08, 10 February 2012 (UTC)
When I try to login, I get the message that I'm logged in, but if I then change to watcher, I'm not logged in. Cach cleared, cookie deleted. Any ideas? Greets, --Martin1978 (talk) 23:08, 28 February 2012 (UTC)
- The Log in collided with another cookie. After the deletion of all toolservercookies everything is working again. Greets, --Martin1978 (talk) 12:14, 9 March 2012 (UTC)
I'm having a similar problem. I was just added to the list, but after I log in, Watcher says I'm not on the list. I also continue to see the "log in" link on Watcher results. I've tried clearing my cache and cookies, but I still get the same results. Equazcion (talk) 18:26, 18 Apr 2012 (UTC)
if os.environ.has_key('HTTP_COOKIE'): dough = os.environ['HTTP_COOKIE'] cookies = dough.split(';') for i in cookies: cookie_session = i.split('=') else: cookie_session = 'invalid'
See cookie_session is always overwritten until it get to the last cookie. Better code:
cookies = dict(item.partition("=")[::2] for item in os.getenv("HTTP_COOKIE","").split("; ") if item) cookie_session = cookies.get("mz_chocolate_chip", "invalid")
- Does that mean everyone should be having the same problem? I'm still getting "Sorry, you're not on the access list" even though I am indeed on it, and it looks like I'm not staying logged in. Equazcion (talk) 14:28, 19 Apr 2012 (UTC)
This page is also used for tools:~dispenser/view/Watcher which authenticates users by their watchlist token instead of TUSC. There's also a unwatched recent changes prototype and one for finding unwatched page by WikiProjects. Dispenser (talk) 05:03, 25 May 2012 (UTC)
- I noticed not having to copy/paste that authentication string anymore. Awesome, thanks for doing that. Equazcion (talk) 20:55, 2 Jun 2012 (UTC)
- Okay maybe not. I have to do it again. Oh well. Equazcion (talk) 23:12, 2 Jun 2012 (UTC)
Ask a question
Can I apply the right to watch the page has fewer than 30 watchers if i'm just a general user at wikipedia?--Cwek (talk) 04:39, 26 September 2012 (UTC) PS.And I come from zh.wikipedia--Cwek (talk) 04:41, 26 September 2012 (UTC)
- As long as you have enough edits and experience, it's fine. So Done; I added you to the list. Trijnsteltalk 22:11, 4 October 2012 (UTC)
- Please add me to the list. I am an administrator on both Arabic Wikipedia and Arabic Wiktionary, and a bureaucrat on the Arabic Wikipedia.--Avocato (talk) 14:58, 1 November 2012 (UTC)
Could someone please add me to the watcher list?
- Done --MF-W 21:21, 12 January 2013 (UTC)
Can I get added?
- Bittä schön. --MF-W 21:19, 12 January 2013 (UTC)
Number of page watchers tool deprecated
Hi. It's now possible to view the number of page watchers via the "info" action. For example, at <https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Main_Page&action=info>, you can see that Main Page has over 1,100 page watchers. In the coming weeks, I'll be deprecating the watcher tool. --MZMcBride (talk) 17:06, 17 January 2013 (UTC)
- The "info" method still has the 30 watchers limit, the main reason I came here was to get past that. Do you know how I can find the figure for pages with a low number of watchers? - X201 (talk) 08:15, 22 May 2013 (UTC)
- Additional Have just noticed that the above method isn't working for me, the Main Page example works but I can't get it to work for any other page, its probably a syntax or permissions thing so is <https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Richard_Wagner&action=info> the correct syntax for the Richard Wagner page on Wikipedia? and/or do I need privileges to use the tool? - X201 (talk) 08:31, 22 May 2013 (UTC)
- It's the correct syntax, but you need to change the meta.wikimedia to en.wikipedia if you want the English Wikipedia page. PiRSquared17 (talk) 19:00, 13 June 2013 (UTC)
- P.S. The 30 watchers limit can be overridden by users with the 'unwatchedpages' right (sysops, by default), or can be changed via the $wgUnwatchedPageThreshold variable.
Can I get added?
I don't understand what's happened ?
I had been added in the whitelist of Toolserver/watcher,I had registered a account on TUSC.But when I login the watcher,write down the account,and submit,it notices I login successfully but I follow the link of the watcher,I can't still watch the page which has fewer than 30 watcher.I couldn't understand what's wrong and I hope that you can tell me what's happened?Thanks you--Cwek (talk) 04:33, 9 May 2013 (UTC)