User talk:Dbl2010/archive

From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Science pearls[edit]

Hi,

I address you as the ambassador of your wikipedia. Please notice the above project.

This project, more than other projects, will benefit from inter-wiki cooperation. Can you post a message regarding this project at your wikipedia village pump?

Thanks for your help, APH from the English wiki

yaş[edit]

Merhaba Özgür, ben seni daha genç diye düşünüyordum:)10 yaş varmış aramızda.--Ugur Basak 22:20, 7 November 2005 (UTC)

template[edit]

tesekkur ederim!, grtz, oscar 23:41, 29 January 2006 (UTC)

rock on[edit]

Re: cleaning up the old lang.php pages. They should really be deleted... after these warnings have been up for a month or two. Sj 10:30, 11 February 2006 (UTC)

Want to help set up a turkish translation team? :-) Sj

Trust in Wikipedia[edit]

this is Cathy from Hong Kong working on a research about trust on Wikipedia. I wonder if you would kindly contact me at researchingmedia@gmail.com? I'd like to chat with you about Wikipedia of your language. Would you kindly drop me your email or IM (Skype, MSN, AIM or ICQ)? It wouldn't take more than ten minutes, but it would help enormously for us to understand the overall trust-based social landscape of Wikipedia. Thank you!

Translation combination boxes[edit]

The following text was copied from Meta:Babel#Translation_combination_boxes. As an active translator, it may be of any interest to you:

Hi, Sabine worked on new boxes for translators. They aim at giving information about translation combination: say, I can translate from English to French, from Italian to Spanish, and so on. It would help us to know who can translate what, in what, to streamline the translation process. The boxes do not provide information about your level (wether you are a professional translator or not, for example); you may write something about this point in your user page (very useful as well). A few boxes are available, be bold and create those you need :) Be aware we use ISO 639-3 codes for languages (fra and not fr, eng and not en, ...).

Please see "Translator in the following language combinations" and pick up templates for your user page!
This message was pasted on several User talk pages of active translators.

Thank you :)

jd  02:04, 10 August 2006 (UTC)

Election notice translation etc[edit]

Hi, Dbl2010! Nice to meet you also on meta ;p Thank you for your translation of Election notice. I expect you informed it already to your community, Turkish language projects.

Your work involves many Turkish speaking editors to this Election, I hope. Again, thank you! --Aphaia 10:32, 15 August 2006 (UTC)

New candidate[edit]

You wrote on my talk page, starting "Hello there Arno" :-) I am not Arno, but I can make sure that candidate statement gets translated to Swedish... not to any other language. // habj 20:04, 20 August 2006 (UTC)

:) No problem. // habj 20:09, 20 August 2006 (UTC)

Thanks for your message ; I'll make sure his statement is translated. Guillom 07:11, 21 August 2006 (UTC)

Re: swe or sve[edit]

It should be swe, i realised the mistake shortly after I created the template. The wrongly named category is not labeled for deletion. // habj 20:44, 20 August 2006 (UTC)

Election candidates 2006/Oscar/De[edit]

Finished. Finally. Phew ... I need some water... Bergkönig 19:59, 21 August 2006 (UTC)

How many of the 400 I'm short? --Hoder 16:52, 25 August 2006 (UTC)

A late candidate[edit]

Thanks for the message, I'll finish its tanslation as soon as I can. Unfortunately I've been out of town in the past days and someone else has started to translate it :( --Emc2 16:08, 25 August 2006 (UTC)


Oscar Translation to Spanish[edit]

Has been completed, DamianFinol 01:46, 26 August 2006 (UTC)

List of Wikipedias[edit]

Your updates to List of Wikipedias seem to be causing problems. Please see the discussion at Talk:List of Wikipedias#Volapük problem. - dcljr 06:44, 27 August 2006 (UTC)

Welcome![edit]

Congrats for your promotion and welcome to meta sysop team ;) Currently we the Election Officials need to contact two Turkish editors about their voting. Could you please translate our messages which one of us will put their talk page? Cheers, --Aphaia 07:42, 3 September 2006 (UTC)

Thanks Aphaia, I will do my best to keep meta clean and peacefull. For the votings, yes I can translate it. Where is the text? I bet it is about multiple voting. --Dbl2010 15:39, 3 September 2006 (UTC)
You guessed right. We have some votes from Turkish projects and think it would be nice if they can be informed in their language. I'll show you their names and text later. --Aphaia 08:57, 4 September 2006 (UTC)

We need your help on multiple votes[edit]

And yes, multiple votes ...

We the Election Officials prepared the message on the below. | Hello there, | | We have noticed that you have voted in the Wikimedia Board Election on | both <WIKI1> and <WIKI2>. | | Users are only allowed to vote once across all Wikimedia wikis, even if they | have the technical ability to use the voting system on more than one wiki. | | Because of this, we have removed your vote entry made under <WIKI2>; if | you wish to change your vote before the end of the election, please make any | new replacement votes on <WIKI1>. | | Yours, | The Election Officials.

On Turkish projects, we found two pairs of such possible multiple voting as following:

  • Nosferatü - @trwiki and @trwikisource
  • Absar - @trwiki and @trwikisource

Do you know them? We think both of them are same people... (I don't mean Absar and Nosferatu are the same, for clarification). and their first vote will be cancelled by one of us after they are informed about that. Do you mind to make a translation of the message on the above? --Aphaia 09:07, 4 September 2006 (UTC)

Please help Nosferatu at Wikisource. See s:tr:User talk:Nosferatü#Election. Thanks! --Aphaia 11:25, 4 September 2006 (UTC)

Mentor sought[edit]

Hi, Dbl2010, would you like to talk with User:Makalp and help both of us?

He seems to would like to contribute with his translation, but I am afraid he misunderstand the purpose of Translation requests. (See this history). I put once a remark that indicated translators the listed items were requested for translation, but that the list itself. Makalp seems not to understand this remark possibly, and I think he would be better informed in his own language.

Cheers, --Aphaia 09:43, 13 September 2006 (UTC)

Translation request[edit]

For the front page of the Novial Test Wikipedia it would be nice to have a Turkish translation of the following 2 sentences:

<>

Welcome to the Wikipedia in the Novial language!

You can read about the international auxiliary language Novial here.

<>

See the original request at Wikimedia Incubator here.

Thank you, Nov ialiste 10:13, 16 September 2006 (UTC)

Thank you very much for the translation. I am using flags next to the messages. I assume it is appropriate to use the Turkish flag for Turkish? Nov ialiste 16:56, 16 September 2006 (UTC)

Re:Translation[edit]

Hi. You are most welcome :) Redux 02:39, 21 November 2006 (UTC)

So say I... ;o) --Paginazero - Ø 17:37, 21 November 2006 (UTC)

Thank you[edit]

I was just looking at what type of pages there are that needs to be translated into Turkish. The first one I was going to do so was 'Contact us' (İletişim) but it has already been translated by Uğur Başak, however it is red at the list below the translation team, how come? I figured out that it was translated from the box where it writes the languages. Anyway, thanks for your help, Bahar 21:11, 25 November 2006 (UTC) (I wrote in English so that everyone would understand.)


Hi, I've translated the first 2 long sentences of 'Our Projects', here it is: Projelerimiz: Vikimedya Kurumu'nun tüm önemli projeleri, kullanıcılarının MedyaViki yazılımını ortaklaşa kullanmasıyla geliştirilir. Bu içerik GNU Özgür Belgeleme Lisansı altında ücretsizdir; yani özgürce kullanılıp, değiştirilip, kopyalanıp, bu lisansın dağıtma hükmü altında ücretsiz dağıtılabilir. Tüm projelere linklere bakınız. Please let me know how it seems to be. Bahar


Gerçekten buraya uğramıyordum sizin mesajınızı alıncaya kadar (niye yalan söyleyeyim?). Olan biten önemli bir şey yok gibi gözüktü bana. Çevirmen takımına birkaç kişi daha eklenmiştir diye düşündüm ama gene 3 kişiymişiz. Bahar 09:27, 10 December 2006 (UTC)

Slm.[edit]

  • Özgür bu kadar işle uğraştığını hiç bilmiyordum, bence bu işe kendini adamış biri olarak stewardlık da sana yakışacak. Seçim sonucunun olumlu olacağına eminim, başarılar. Kendine iyi bak (ara sıra uyu biraz:)).--Renegade 14:26, 29 November 2006 (UTC)

Thx 4 the warm welcome[edit]

Sagol. --Erkan Yilmaz 21:59, 29 November 2006 (UTC)

Yardım[edit]

Merhaba Özgür Bey,

İngilizcem çok iyi olmadığı için size birkaç şey sormak istiyorum. Ben Osmanlıca test vikisinin yöneticisiyim. Osmanlıca viki için daha önce yapılan müracaat reddedilmiş. [1] Bunun sebebi hakkında bir fikriniz varmı? Orada da göreceğiniz gibi kabul oyu verenlerin sayısı fazla. Osmanlıca test vikipediasında [2] taslak niteliğindeki 180 civarında madde var . Bu sayı şu anda faaliyette bulunan en az 80 dilden daha fazla. Dün tekrar müracaat ettik [3] bu müracaatın da reddedilmemesi için ne yapmamız lazım.--Tarih 09:16, 8 December 2006 (UTC)

Teşekkür[edit]

Verdiğiniz bilgiler için teşekkür ederim. --Tarih 18:29, 8 December 2006 (UTC)

Vote qualification[edit]

Sorry, I should have created a user page a while ago. I am a sysop/admin on the en.wikt. Me and my 'bot have ~25,000 edits since June (fixing Japanese and Han character entries ;-) Cheers! Robert Ullmann 09:37, 8 December 2006 (UTC)

Could you do me a favor? I'm familiar with SE Asia and East African languages (at the moment, I am the sysop on the Kinyarwanda wikt ;-). We have a user on the en.wikt entering Turkish forms ... would you give [4] a glance, tell me if it is fine, or some sort of problem? Tx, Robert Robert Ullmann 20:08, 8 December 2006 (UTC)
Yes, we have separate pages for each spelling; someone who doesn't know the language needs that, and they all should be linked together by the lemma form. (If you were looking for watoto in Swahili, would you know that it is a M-WA noun class plural, and you should look at the entry at mtoto?) Thanks! Robert Ullmann 20:51, 8 December 2006 (UTC)

Hello.[edit]

I am a native English speaker. Thank you for telling me. Laleena 15:38, 9 December 2006 (UTC)

foundationwiki[edit]

Have you already account? If not, are you interested in request for an account on the Foundation wiki? --Aphaia 08:16, 10 December 2006 (UTC)

election vote[edit]

I have now added the requested link. How do I go about getting my vote un-struck? Cynical 18:29, 12 December 2006 (UTC)

Re: Stat table[edit]

Dbl2010 wrote:

Nice stats. I follow the results from there. I have a little request. Could you add an additional if statement, that it will not count the line if line starts with # but then it continues with <s>. So the votes that striked out wont be counted. TIA. --Dbl2010 04:44, 13 December 2006 (UTC)

I could, but that would cause problems elsewhere (at least one user, for example, has stricken out "Oppose" and written "Strong Oppose" next to it, so their vote wouldn't be counted). More importantly, votes that have been completely stricken out are not supposed to be numbered; the "#" should be replaced with "#:", which will indent the comment and not number it. This is desirable in order to be able to see the correct vote count at the bottom of the section. For example, if there are 74 votes but one has been crossed out, the last vote will be incorrectly numbered 74 unless the stricken vote is indented, in which case it will be correctly numbered 73. This is standard practise as far as I am aware; for example it's currently being used on the English Wikipedia's Arbitration Committee elections, and it's regularly used on requests for adminship. If there are votes which should be indented but aren't, I don't think anyone will object if you indent them → Gurch 05:04, 13 December 2006 (UTC)

  1. g
    h
  2. g

Possible abuse by admin[edit]

Hi, i would like to ask to review the actions and contributions of user:Jayjg he frequently makes controversial edits which is his right but then deals with resulting edit wars in a disruptive and abusive manner. If his controversial edits get reverted he will attempt to harass editors who reverting. He treats his admin priviliges as if they meant he is above every and any rule or policy. He will deal with any opposing POV with brute force, auto reverting, blocking instead of discussion. He violates the following guide on adminship:

"Adminship is not diplomatic immunity Every administrator must keep in mind that admins are servants of Wikipedia as a whole. This means that all policies apply to admins just as they do to any user. Admins can be blocked, stripped of admin powers, or banned. Admins must follow all Wikipedia policies, such as the three-revert rule, and uphold consensus and a neutral point of view." I ask you to keep a close eye on him and prevent any future abuse and edit warring. Especially abusive edit warring using administrative tools provided to him for fighting vandals, not POV battles.

Öneri[edit]

Bunu metaya yazacağım zaten ama önce size söyleyeyim belki gerek kalmaz..

Söyle bir önerim var, ben vikisöz kullanıcısıyım ve orada farkettim ki bir şey eklesek iyi olur diyorum. Son değişiklikler sayfasındaki girişler, eğer en son hali ise sonuna bir "(son)" ibaresi konması mümkün mü acaba? Bu sayede listeye bakarken zaten düzeltilmiş bir hatalı yazıya tekrardan girmemiz gerekmez. Bu da bize zaman kazandırır ve kolaylık sağlar diye düşünüyorum.

Bu bahsettigim yazı zaten wikiquote da kullanıcıların katkılar adlı sayfalarında var. Benim istedigim bunun son değişiklikler sayfasında da geçerli olması. Bence çok güzel bir fikir bu, bunu diger dil yöneticilerine de söylersek onların da begenecegine eminim. benimle tr.wikiquote dan iletişime geçerseniz sevinirim kullanıcı adım "amfetamin" --Aryabehkam 18:59, 26 February 2007 (UTC)

Yardım[edit]

Merhaba özgür bey,

Ben Osmanlıca test vikisinin yöneticisiyim size 3 ay önce de bir soru sormuştum. Sizi bir konu için tekrar sizi rahatsız ediyorum. Bu gün Osmanlıca test vikisinin müracaat sayfasında [5] Arguments in favour kısmına ve Support oylarının en alttaki kısmına unsigned şeklinde ilaveler yapılmış bu ne anlama geliyor veya ne yapmamız gerekiyor bu hususta bir bilgi verirseniz sevinirim.

--Tarih 22:19, 5 March 2007 (UTC)

Temporary permissions[edit]

In future could you archive old temp permissions on Requests for permissions/Approved temporary when you revoke them? There's no particular reason to keep them around on that page. Regards — Dan | talk 03:53, 7 March 2007 (UTC)

OK. --Dbl2010 02:17, 8 March 2007 (UTC)

Help the belarusians[edit]

Hello. Sorry for my broken english. You reject admin elections in Belorussian Normative Wikipedia, but we never prepere votes and results if w:be:User:Yaroslav_Zolotaryov [6] will use his temporaly admin flag for his despotism. Please revoke this flag, two admin enougth. Thanks. --Morpheios Melas 06:23, 4 April 2007 (UTC)

Flag was granted by JHS after preliminary elections, and you are not from Belarussian, but from Russian wikipedia.--Yaroslav Zolotaryov 07:59, 4 April 2007 (UTC)

It was not preliminary elections. It was usurpation of power. --Morpheios Melas 09:24, 4 April 2007 (UTC)
That was decision of John Harald Soby, who is not present now, let he decide.--Yaroslav Zolotaryov 09:27, 4 April 2007 (UTC)
You mislead him. --Morpheios Melas 09:33, 4 April 2007 (UTC)
Not at all. --Yaroslav Zolotaryov 10:07, 4 April 2007 (UTC)
  • Zolotaryov applies the double standards using a temporary flag sysop, threatening blocking, protecting page, and crossing out votes against the competitors, Motivered by the unsufficient contribution both at voting, and at the deleted competitors at choices.--Afinogenoff 08:10, 4 April 2007 (UTC)

Affinogenoff and Morpheios organized flashmob, trying to vote without contributions to the wiki. --Yaroslav Zolotaryov 08:17, 4 April 2007 (UTC)

Its not true. Two man flashmob? Not funny. --Morpheios Melas 09:24, 4 April 2007 (UTC)
No, you, and 10 others, check in the vote page--Yaroslav Zolotaryov 09:27, 4 April 2007 (UTC)
No need compare Morpheios Melas, Afinogenoff and Pauk to this vandals. We came to work, but you prevent us. --Morpheios Melas 09:32, 4 April 2007 (UTC)
Where did I prevent you to work? You were not blocked. --Yaroslav Zolotaryov 10:07, 4 April 2007 (UTC)
But you threaten with blocking to me, Afinogenoff adn Pauk --Morpheios Melas 10:33, 4 April 2007 (UTC)
That was not threatening with blocking to you personally, but rather notes to the vandals that if flashmob will begin, we will block. The same would do any admin in this situation, when 15 persons came without contributions and wanted to vote. And actually we did not block anybody, just because we choose better to protect the page.--Yaroslav Zolotaryov 10:39, 4 April 2007 (UTC)

ATTENTION: Other steward User:MaxSem known the situation. And tell his opinion, but he not interfere in this, becouse stewards cant interfere in they local chapters. But you can conslat with him. --Morpheios Melas 09:32, 4 April 2007 (UTC)

Actually he is from Russian wikipedia, so I doubt in his neutrality in this question. --Yaroslav Zolotaryov 10:07, 4 April 2007 (UTC)
He not interfere becouse russian wiki, but he known situation. Özgür, are you trust to other stewards? --Morpheios Melas 10:33, 4 April 2007 (UTC)

Better not help the Belarusians -- in such manner :)[edit]

Hello,

I'm one of the admin persons elected in these elections. I was digging into technical matters last days and didn't pay close notice to this here discussion. The point is, this kind of help is mostly unwelcome by "the Belarusians", suspending the community decision.

What Russian Wikipedians have against Yaroslav Zolotaryov, that's their business, but we (Belarusians) have no quarrel with Yaroslav Zolotaryov.

In fact, he proved like a person of dedication to the project (encyclopedia done in Belarusian (standard) language), and his experience literally saved a day when we were, without warning, transferred from the Incubator to a separate site, and all kind of technical trouble ensued.

We then were being flooded with people from outside the project, with zero contribution, who were pouring in straight to the voting page and voting one for each other adminship. Something was to be done about it, and, anyway, we dealt with problem as per JHS's explanation.

Yes, we invited Yaroslav to work with us yet more. Person nominating him was valid as per spec (contribs, language) -- me. Votes cast for him were valid as per rules set on the voting page and per JHS's explanation.

Is it possible that this your decision was not too well informed? Yury Tarasievich 06:02, 5 April 2007 (UTC)

It is our responsibility to make sure it was fair[edit]

I put my opinions here. We cant grant sysop if there are uncertain parts on elections. Elections should be clear and fair. It is not about the person, it is all about fair procedures and policies.--Dbl2010 19:04, 7 April 2007 (UTC)

Okay, we have now prepared and discussed rules, participation criteriums etc. and hope to make the elections fair and square. Could you now possibly speed up the granting of the temporary admin status for our election officer User:DDima? Thanks. Yury Tarasievich 19:10, 11 April 2007 (UTC)

Replied[edit]

I replied at Requests_for_permissions#commons:user:Aoineko; I hope it is ok for me to only reply once. / Fred Chess 14:06, 28 April 2007 (UTC)

De Vandalis Vicipaediae Latinae[edit]

Thanks a lot for stopping the vandal in la:Vicipaedia, it was driving me insane! --Xaverius

obstruction at Vicipaedia[edit]

Hi Özgür, I was just wondering how you were able to block a user at Vicipaedia?--Josh Rocchio 21:30, 28 April 2007 (UTC)

Request from Russian Wikipedia[edit]

Could you please add site gay.ru to the black list of spam, as someone continues to add links to that website in the articles on ru.wikipedia.org. That site advertises pornography and gay prostituion services which are illegal under Russian penal code [7], and can cause legal problems for Russian section of Wikipedia (translation of the text of this law from Russian to English can be done at babelfish online translation). Thank you.--Ram2006 02:22, 16 May 2007 (UTC)

Vikisözlük[edit]

Merhaba Özgür,

Vikisözlük te Ormanbotanigi-Karduelis ve Saltinbas için yöneticilik oylaması başladı. Oylama sonunda mı sana bilgi verelim? --Viki 21:18, 15 June 2007 (UTC)

VikiKitap ve kod ekleme problemleri[edit]

Merhaba Özgür; Nosferatü nün tavsiyesiyle buraya yazıyorum. Vikikitap ta da aynı kullanıcı ismiyle üyeyim "ASP" başlığı altında kod eklemem mümkün değil gibi. Anladığım kadarıyla geshi benzeri bir plug-in VikiKitap ta bulunmamakta her satırın başına bir boşluk bırakarak da bunu yapmak mümkün değil gibi görünüyor. --Anov 14:09, 21 June 2007 (UTC)

tr.wikt[edit]

Hello! Please have a look at wikt:tr:Vikisözlük:Bot Oylamaları#Kullanıcı:VolkovBot. There are no objections and the bot already has flags on cs, el, es, et, fr, he, is, it, ja, ko, pt, ru, simple, sv, ta, vi wiktionaries. Thanks. --Volkov 08:49, 27 August 2007 (UTC)

Yöneticilik oylaması[edit]

Merhaba, Saltinbas in yöneticiliği için vikisözlük te oylama yapılmıştı. Oylamaya katılan pek fazla yok ama vikisözlükte sürekli çalışanda zaten az. Saltinbas uzun zamandır madde girişi ve düzenlemeye yardımcı oluyor. Yönetici olarakda sadece ben kaldım. Ben yokken ilgilenecek en az bir yöneticiye ihtiyaç var. Yöneticiliğini onaylayabilir misin? Ayrıca VolkovBot içinde bir oylama yaptık. Wiktionary lerde şu anda çalışan bir interwiki botu yok. RobotGMwikt uzun zamandır çalışmıyor. Volkov da birçok wiktionary de bot statüsü almış. Kolay gelsin. --Viki 10:33, 27 August 2007 (UTC)

Turkce at Betawiki[edit]

Hi Dbl2010. You have done some translation work on the MediaWiki messages at Betawiki[8]. I was wondering if you were still going to work on them and if we should maybe commit the currently changed messages to Subversion so they will be used everywhere. Please let us know at Process/tasks at Betawiki. Cheers! Siebrand 15:14, 3 September 2007 (UTC)

P.s. if you are unable to work on the translation, please invite a wikifriend to visit Betawiki!

Spam blacklist[edit]

Özgür turkishweekly'nin Türkçe sayfalarını bloklamışsın. Sebebi ne? Bir de sadece vikipedi ile bişeyler yüzünden blokladıysan, vikipedinin lokal blacklisti varsa orda bloklasan daha iyi olur bence, meta'daki bloğu kaldırıp. Denizz 19:07, 8 September 2007 (UTC)

geçikmiş tebrikler[edit]

Vay be - steward olmuşsun! Tebrikler ;-) Kolay gelsin metabolizmda :-)

I stumbled about it when having a look at the current tr: admin list... I didn't find a sort of goodbye or farewell or other notice about your departure in June though therefore I wondered what might have happened to Özgür... Goog luck --katpatuka 09:37, 9 September 2007 (UTC)

Desysopping[edit]

Hi! I see you are a steward: I'm User:Fredericks, an admin of it.wikipedia. Due to my new real-life work I've not much time to spend for Wikipedia: for this reason I would like to be desysopped, as I haven't enough time anymore for a serious wikiadmin activity.

Thank you ;-) --Fredericks 23:05, 23 October 2007 (UTC)

PS. Of course you can contact me as needed trough my discussion page or by email.

PPS. I've posted my request on Requests for permissions... --Fredericks 23:20, 24 October 2007 (UTC)

2007 Steward Confirmations[edit]

Hi. This is a semi automated notice so my apologies if it seems a bit impersonal. You're listed as holding the Steward permission. As you know, Stewards get reconfirmed yearly, and it's that time again... I noticed that you haven't yet filled out your statement at Stewards/confirm. If you'd like to learn what the community thinks, please visit the page and put in your statement. Volunteers have been busily translating statements already. It would be best to do this before November 26, as that is when the page is opened for public comment, to coincide with the elections of new stewards. If you would like to not be reconfirmed and have your name removed, you can remove your section, or ask a volunteer to do it for you. I hope this information helps. If you have any questions or comments, there is ongoing discussion at Talk:Stewards/elections_2007. Oh, one last thing, if you already knew about it and just hadn't gotten round to it, apologies for the reminder! :) ++Lar: t/c 04:41, 15 November 2007 (UTC)