- Congrats on the job. 01:18, 19 August 2010 (UTC)
BoT election identification
Hi James, I saw in the wiki notices that you sent me an email concerning my identification, presumably concerning the upcoming BoT election. I have some trouble accessing my email, and I see that the deadline is coming.
I thought that, having been identified once is sufficient? You testified in 2015 that I am identified with the Foundation, see here: Wikimedia_Foundation_elections/Board_elections/2015/Candidates. Is that not sufficient? Cheers, Pgallert (talk) 19:27, 20 April 2017 (UTC)
- @Pgallert: Hi Peter, it was indeed concerning identification. Because the old identifications were deleted (as normal since they weren't needed) we're asking everyone to identify including past candidates (as well as the two incumbents running). If you are having difficulty accessing your email I'm happy to try and find an option to make sure we can get it to work. Jalexander--WMF 19:35, 20 April 2017 (UTC)
- Hi James, my Internet access is very slow right now, and it is night time here in Namibia. I think I'll manage to download a passport copy and mail it to the address you used (wiki-at-wikimedia-dot-org). Would that be sufficient? Thanks --Pgallert (talk) 19:48, 20 April 2017 (UTC)
- @Pgallert: That will but send it to either my personal work address (email@example.com) or the secure info address (firstname.lastname@example.org). Wiki@ is a send only one (used for when you send through Special:EmailUser). Thanks! Sorry for the trouble. Jalexander--WMF 19:51, 20 April 2017 (UTC)
- Done to both addresses. I'll be online (or what you can call online with 300 bps :-/ ) for about one more hour. I would be grateful if you could ping me upon reception of the email. Thanks, and sorry for the extra trouble, Pgallert (talk) 20:04, 20 April 2017 (UTC)