Welcome to Meta!
Same JavaHurricane on Miraheze
This is just a quick note and question to confirm whether you are the same JavaHurricane as this JavaHurricane on Miraheze.
- Dmehus, yes, I'm the same. JavaHurricane 06:19, 15 February 2021 (UTC)
- Sorry, missed this message due to some LTA harassment. As it appears, BlueWhale is a cross-wiki vandal who disrupted the Incubator and enwiki. After getting blocked there, the user came to meta. I checked the links to the incubator, and so far as I can see, while the original project was rejected and deleted, the new project doesn't seem to use multiple scripts. Hence, I have now removed the listing itself. JavaHurricane 02:52, 21 May 2021 (UTC)
Narendra Singh Tomar
Hi dear Sir /Madom
Could you pls correct narendra Singh Tomar Caste in Hindi material since he belongs to Kshatriya family and you mentioned gurjar which is not true. So I request to you pls correct asap otherwise we need to take some strict action . I hope you know the fact ! Ram sharan007 (talk) 17:56, 22 May 2021 (UTC)
- Please don't bring content disputes from the Hindi Wikipedia to Meta-Wiki. I'm not an active contributor on the Hindi Wikipedia, and I daresay it will be better to discuss any disputes over there, not here. Also, if you are considering any police or legal action against Wikipedia or any of its editors, I'd like to forewarn you that Wikipedia does not allow editors who are taking active legal action against itself or its editors. JavaHurricane 03:08, 23 May 2021 (UTC)
Invitation for Functionary consultation 2021
Greetings SWMT member,
I'm letting you know in advance about a meeting I'd like to invite you to regarding the Universal Code of Conduct and the community's ownership of its future enforcement. I'm still in the process of putting together the details, but I wanted to share the date with you: 10 July, 2021. I do not have a time on this date yet, but I will let you soon. We have created a meta page with basic information. Please take a look at the meta page and sign up your name under the appropriate section.
Thank you for your time.--BAnand (WMF) 03:21, 3 June 2021 (UTC)
Hi. As you will see the IP blocks are well behind and requests typically not actioned as the requests are not going to prevent anything. I am not certain what is happening on the other side of the wall where they operate, but we can assist.
Can I ask for you to be more selective in your requests to this page, so we can get truly valuable requests in place. It would that there is little value in reporting short term GRP intrusions as they are not actioned before they have moved on, and there is no evidence that they are being revisited. Those short term intrusions are often best managed at the wikis, or you can report them in IRC in the stewards' channel where they may be able to throw a day block at it quickly. Generally he has a methodology lined up and IP jumps quickly and doesn't revisit. Personally I also don't find that spambots are crosswiki, so if they are managed at a wiki there is not a lot of value in globally blocking them in my experience, all that may occur is that the stewards may identify an IP or range that is a problem. Thanks. — billinghurst sDrewth 03:35, 13 June 2021 (UTC)
- Okay. Thanks! JavaHurricane 04:06, 13 June 2021 (UTC)
- What about the IPs being open proxies? I could imagine that the IPs could help find ranges that could be gblocked altogether. ~~~~
User:1234qwer1234qwer4 (talk) 10:10, 13 June 2021 (UTC)
- So far as I know, Ljupco uses a VPN service that allows him to randomly select an IP as per his wishes. I had a talk with some experts at en:WP:WPOP who said that the IPs would cease being proxies within a few days, and that rangeblocks are infeasible as the IPs vary widely. Blocks issued weeks after abuse are useless: if a block is to be made, it should be made immediately and for 24 hours or so to cause Ljupco to run out of IPs. I've heard that spambots can be found sometimes on the proxies, but it doesn't justify blocks after weeks. Given the backlog at SRG right now, and as GRP never reuses an IP, I'll avoid reporting IPs except in case GRP uses it for xwiki abuse. JavaHurricane 10:25, 13 June 2021 (UTC)
reverts and trolls
Please don't get into revert wars with LTA/vandals/etc. Apart from feeding the troll it is just making noise. Stewards pages are well watched by many and someone will get to it reasonably promptly. Thanks. — billinghurst sDrewth 14:12, 10 July 2021 (UTC)