Survey on Inspire Campaign for addressing harassment
Thanks for your participation during the Inspire Campaign focused on addressing harassment from June 2016. I'm interested in hearing your experience during the campaign, so if you're able, I invite you to complete this brief survey to describe how you contributed to the campaign and how you felt about participating.
Help Wikipedia improve Recent Changes!
The Editing Design team at the Wikimedia Foundation is currently seeking Wikipedians for user studies. If you've been using the new Recent Changes filters for edit review beta, we would love to talk with you! The study session will take approximately an hour.
Participants will need access to a stable internet connection, a quiet place to go for a research session, and a desktop/laptop with a microphone and optionally, a camera (it'd be nice to be able to see you during the session, but NOT required!).
If you are interested, please email me (see my userpage) to let me know your availability the next 2 weeks for a research session in Pacific Time (or specify your time zone).
Please let me know if you have any questions, and thank you for helping us improve Recent Changes and Edit Review!
Reply to: special:diff/17251879/17253193
Please, strike out unnecessary bit from your comment because it is simply not .
On recognizing that the world doesn't revolve around me, I have had my opinion on simple projects formed long before September 22, 2017 at 18:36:13 (CEST) – when I stated it. I have the right to express my opinion without being attacked on a personal level. Hope you would realize that it is very different when someone tries to nullify ones argument in a discussion, from that of attempting to attack at a personal level. Thanks for the understanding and your efforts of making the Wikiworld great again. Yours truly, -- Nesmir Kudilovič (razgovor) 15:53, subota, 23. rujna 2017. (SEV)
Simple English Wikibooks
Hello again. Just for notification, Requests for comment/Unclosure of Simple English Wikibooks is closed. I wonder whether you still intend to request reopening Simple English Wikibooks. Here is Language committee/Handbook (requesters) if you want to create a request. Cheers. --George Ho (talk) 18:41, 27 September 2017 (UTC)
For the heads up, Requests for new languages/Wikibooks Simple English is made. --George Ho (talk) 18:43, 14 October 2017 (UTC)
Are you understand Nahuatl languages?
- Which abuse? Also if you don't use your talk page properly then I will ask some sysop to extended your block and revoke your permission to edit your talk page. --Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 11:32, 30 November 2017 (UTC)
The password to this account (formerly Lojbanist) is (redacted). 2001:569:BD7D:6E00:CC4C:2517:213E:A6F0 15:29, 24 December 2018 (UTC)
I made a mistake
I published the password for this account after ragequitting. Someone on the Croatian Wikipedia logged in, changed the password, and removed the email. I can't log back in, since the password was changed and the email was removed, so this account should be globally locked as compromised. 2001:569:BD7D:6E00:CC4C:2517:213E:A6F0 17:04, 24 December 2018 (UTC)
- I made a bigger mistake; it was a spur of the moment thing. I've accessed your account but as soon as realized what I done, I've reinstated the password you publicly gave and set the e-mail back to its original. I know that almost nothing can justify what I've done, even if you wanted to be globally locked/blocked, you didn't deserve such misdeed from me. I haven't edited nor made any public logged actions.
- If you access your e-mail, you will find in it a link to approve the old e-mail address. I've turned myself in to trustandsafety_at_wikimedia.org.
- I beg of you to forgive me for my transgressions. I've not slept much last night, and the holidays are pretty much ruined for me. My reputation is in shambles, and I very much deserve that.
- I only hope you would return to your account as its rightful owner so as my transgression would not become any bigger. Be at peace my dir Sir, at least one person thought about how he could help the situation not getting any worse, even if it got just that. My ignorance of the proper meta Nesmir Kudilovic (talk) 17:03, 25 December 2018 (UTC) cannot be a valid justification. I sincerely apologize, and put my destiny into the hands of the Community. Yours, --
- I really saw it as my duty to intervene, because of the possible vandalism attack from the account, and also because of protection of privacy of the account holder.
- On smaller project, with fewer number of editors and even smaller number of holders of administrative privileges, ordinary users (if they are even slightly extraordinary) tend to spread their interest in all sorts of fields. Even those fields of work for which they're not well equipped (lack of tools or lack of experience). I come from such a project, where users aren't limited to a particular role, users acting like administrators, etc. Participation of users in the daily maintenance of such a project is encouraged. Everybody can work in every field, but of course, with care.
- My first step was to change the password and remove the e-mail address from preferences because the account was compromised with the very publication of the password. In such a case even the e-mail address could have been perceived as compromised as well.
- First and foremost, I shouldn't have done my first step, but also neither the second step, when I returned the password that was leaked to the public, and also reinstating the e-mail address, because it could also have been compromised.
- Personally I did not know how global locks work, can a user with the password still log-in/access the user preferences. If that was the case, a leaked password (in account with e-mail addresses) poses a threat to privacy, and further compromises the locked account. I have learned that it is not the case.
- I'm again truly sorry for the whole ordeal, and hope, in time, to gain the trust of the Community. -- Nesmir Kudilovic (talk) 02:41, 26 December 2018 (UTC)
I'm writing this because some time ago you supported the Wikitemplates proposal.
That proposal appears to be inactive, but I wrote a very similar and more detailed proposal called Global templates.