- 1 WMIN
- 2 Translator, We need you!
- 3 Looks like someone got fascinated..
- 4 Re: steward election
- 5 Personal attacks
- 6 WM PH Grant request
- 7 The first wiki-concert
- 8 Request for comments
- 9 Iberoconf 2013
- 10 Automatic reminder to participate in GAC activities
- 11 C alias on hiwiki
- 12 Wikipedia:Rintis
- 13 Superprotect status
- 14 How can we improve Wikimedia grants to support you better?
- 15 Last call for WMF grants feedback!
- 16 Inspire Campaign on content curation & review
- 17 Participate in the Inspire Campaign and help address harassment!
- Hi vibhi, our personal conflicts are different than National level matters, India chapter can do a lot of things for Wikimedia India Movement.They have many potential members, I hope they will also give their attention on Delhi community.I just gave my view as a Grant advisory committee member. Let see their this year Activities if they can better we don't require Delhi city Chapter--Mayur (talk•Email) 13:22, 2 July 2011 (UTC)
Translator, We need you!
You have helped us in previous years with translations and for that we are most grateful. Now we turn towards the 2011/12 fundraiser. It may seem forever away, but work has already begun getting everything ready to go. This year we want to have landing pages covering as many countries in as many languages as possible.
Right now, we want to figure out who is interested in translating for the fundraiser. This year we're hoping to have more of a solidified "core" group of translators that we can count on to have work done by a few key dates, but we'd also welcome help from people who are willing to just help out when they can.
If you would be interested please take a look at this little sign-up survey and fill it out http://survey.wikimedia.org/index.php?sid=13638&newtest=Y&lang=en. With that we can start building a list of people and filling any gaps in the languages we serve.
Looks like someone got fascinated..
..by your signature, here. ;) — 11:58, 17 September 2011 (UTC)
- Many thanks to him for not copying it as it is. :)--Mayur (talk•Email) 15:58, 17 September 2011 (UTC)
Re: steward election
Hello Mayur, to begin with thanks to you there are two questions left. I already thought of some kind of specialized edit protection but why don't you additionally restrict the edit of that page to sysops? I guess there are more people like me wondering about this page being not (obviously) protected. It would surely reduce the amount of filter messages ;-) Additionally, is there a way to opt-out the bot generated messagen on my user (talk) page? I can't read Hindi, and I even can't see the characters. Regards a×pdeHello! 15:28, 24 September 2011 (UTC)
- My answer is as following-
- AWB is a very risky tool, any user can make a 5000 edit in one min by it.So we at Hindi wikipedia had a admin who was blocked due to sock-puppetry so if i set this page to sysop level then he may edit his name there and can run bot edits.So we protected that page through filter so that only crat can edit that page.We put a message system when anybody edit that page which shows that "Ask any crat for Approval".My POV on this is to revoke AWB automated applications to non-bot account by default, so that any vandal mayn't make thousand of edits through it.
- Additionally, is there a way to opt-out the bot generated messagen on my user (talk) page?
- Yes, I know, with the filter you can select editors on a personal level, but that isn't obvious at first sight. So I suggest to have both, the filter + protection [edit=sysop], just to signal "this page is protected" to the majority.
- Regarding this EPanditBot and this Lucia Bot edits, I don't need those messages, I even can't read those messages, can I opt-out somehow? Regards a×pdeHello! 09:04, 25 September 2011 (UTC)
- if we do both filter and page protection to sysop level, it will confuse any sysop that why he isn't able to edit.So it may create double confusion.
- Secondly if you want to clean bot generated messages from your global talk pages you may request it to global bots (ex. Pathochild).He shall remove all messages from your respective talk pages.--Mayur (talk•Email) 09:26, 25 September 2011 (UTC)
Hello, be aware that personal attackes like "a well planed group effort" and other silly accusations won't bring you anywhere but only worsen the situation. Nobody is proposing to punish you and the RfC is not against you, so please stay calm. Nemo 15:57, 10 March 2012 (UTC)
WM PH Grant request
Hi, I'm Namayan, WM PH Treasurer, I'm working on our grant request Grants:WM_PH/Philippine_WikiCon_2012 and Grants:WM_PH/GLAM_2012 may be you can go over it, and we would be glad to answer your comments about it. Great thanks.-- Namayan 15:01, 27 April 2012 (UTC)
The first wiki-concert
Hi, Please express your opinion on the Grants:WM UA/Free Vocal Music concert, as the wiki-concert is planned on May, 15, and we need to know the GAC decision at least a day in advance. Thank you. --Perohanych (talk) 21:16, 11 May 2013 (UTC)
Request for comments
Hi Mayur, I'd like to solicit your comment on our pending grants:
- Grants:WM PH/Admin operation 2013
- Grants:WM PH/Philippine WikiCon 2013
As you know, the Grant Advisory Committee (GAC) has a standard of participation commitment. It appears you have not made any contributions to grant proposal discussions in the past three months. If you're no longer able to devote time to helping with grant prpoposal evaluation, we understand -- just let us know, please; if you are still interested, please do engage with some of the open grant proposals in the coming two weeks. If you don't, your GAC membership will automatically expire.
C alias on hiwiki
Hi Mayur, at Requests for comment/Wikimedia Commons you said that you would propose that hiwiki changes it's namespace aliases for Category: from C: to CAT:. I looked at the configuration today, and it is still C:. Was it proposed and failed on hiwiki? John Vandenberg (talk) 10:51, 6 January 2014 (UTC)
- Hi again, see bugzilla:4676#c17. Should I ask the Hindi Wikipedia community? John Vandenberg (talk) 11:06, 1 February 2014 (UTC)
- Hi Mayur, to help I have done an analysis of the current Hindi Wikipedia dump file hiwiki-20140117-pages-meta-history.xml. The alias 'C:' is not used anywhere currently, and it was only used by you, as far as I can see. I did a fgrep on '[[C:', '[[c:', '[[:C:', and '[[:c:', which I think covers all possible usage syntax.
- You used it here July 2011 but removed one minute later here, because it puts the page into the category rather than links to the category.
- Then you used it on hi:404 त्रुटि, August 2011 and it was removed by a bot on Feb 2013.
- In December 2013, there are two false positives here and here, both removed one minute later.
- John Vandenberg (talk) 04:37, 2 February 2014 (UTC)
Hi Mayur,I would like to inform you that grant proposal of Wikipedia:Rintis is approved by WMF! I also would like to thank you for all of your kind support, they are all significant for the project. We will work hard to make sure that the project can be finished successfully and give a big impact to the community. Thank you again! --Ricky Setiawan (talk) 11:13, 15 April 2014 (UTC)
Dear Mayur, since you are an administrator on a wiki from which no user participated in this discussion, I'd like to make sure you are aware of some recent events which may alter what the Wikimedia Foundation lets you do on your wiki: Superprotect.
- Request for comment: Requests for comment/Superprotect rights
- An open letter about its implementation: Letter to Wikimedia Foundation: Superprotect and Media Viewer
Peteforsyth 09:32, 12 September 2014 (UTC)
How can we improve Wikimedia grants to support you better?
Hi! The Wikimedia Foundation would like your input on how we can reimagine Wikimedia Foundation grants to better support people and ideas in your Wikimedia project.
After reading the Reimagining WMF grants idea, we ask you to complete this survey to help us improve the idea and learn more about your experience. When you complete the survey, you can enter to win one of five Wikimedia globe sweatshirts!
In addition to taking the the survey, you are welcome to participate in these ways:
- Respond to questions on the discussion page of the idea.
- Join a small group conversation.
- Learn more about this consultation.
This survey is in English, but feedback on the discussion page is welcome in any language.
Last call for WMF grants feedback!
Hi, this is a reminder that the consultation about Reimagining WMF grants is closing on 8 September (0:00 UTC). We encourage you to complete the survey now, if you haven't yet done so, so that we can include your ideas.
Inspire Campaign on content curation & review
I've recently launched an Inspire Campaign to encourage new ideas focusing on content review and curation in Wikimedia projects. Wikimedia volunteers collaboratively manage vast repositories of knowledge, and we’re looking for your ideas about how to manage that knowledge to make it more meaningful and accessible. We invite you to participate and submit ideas, so please get involved today! The campaign runs until March 28th.
All proposals are welcome - research projects, technical solutions, community organizing and outreach initiatives, or something completely new! Funding is available from the Wikimedia Foundation for projects that need financial support. Constructive feedback on ideas is welcome - your skills and experience can help bring someone else’s project to life. Join us at the Inspire Campaign to improve review and curation tasks so that we can make our content more meaningful and accessible! I JethroBT (WMF) 05:39, 29 February 2016 (UTC)
Through June, we’re organizing an Inspire Campaign to encourage and support new ideas focusing on addressing harassment toward Wikimedia contributors. The 2015 Harassment Survey has shown evidence that harassment in various forms - name calling, threats, discrimination, stalking, and impersonation, among others - is pervasive. Available methods and systems to deal with harassment are also considered to be ineffective. These behaviors are clearly harmful, and in addition, many individuals who experience or witness harassment participate less in Wikimedia projects or stop contributing entirely.
Proposals in any language are welcome during the campaign - research projects, technical solutions, community organizing and outreach initiatives, or something completely new! Funding is available from the Wikimedia Foundation for projects that need financial support. Constructive feedback on ideas is appreciated, and collaboration is encouraged - your skills and experience may help bring someone else’s project to life. Join us at the Inspire Campaign so that we can work together to develop ideas around this important and difficult issue. With thanks,