WALRUS is a monthly online meeting for Wikimedia community organizers in the United States to discuss and collaborate on events and outreach of national interest.
Join the pan-USA Wikimedia local activists' chat on Monday April 8 2019 at 6:00 PM Pacific / 9:00 PM Eastern.
Zoom videoconference information
Getting set up with Zoom
- We will use a meeting tool called Zoom instead of Google Hangouts. Please sign up for an account on www.zoom.us and then take a look at https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362033-Getting-Started-on-PC-and-Mac
- Note that Zoom provides a telephone interface and that the Zoom software applications are proprietary. Use the telephone interface if you want more privacy and freedom.
How to join the meeting
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS, Chromebook or Android:
One tap mobile
- +16468769923,,585772309# US (New York)
- +16699006833,,585772309# US (San Jose)
Dial by your location
- +1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
- +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
- +1 408 638 0968 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 585 772 309 Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/agcOMmoE4
Chair & secretary for this month
- Meeting host for Zoom: Pharos
- Meeting chair: TBD
- Meeting secretary for minutes: TBD
- Rapid grants for April (can submit up to Apr 15)
- Art + Feminism editathons
- Wikimedia Summit 2019 - how Berlin meeting went
- Affiliate-selected Board seats/2019 - all chapters and usergroups have a vote
- Elections schedule is tight, get to know it.
- There is a Telegram group for Wiki User Group Affiliates to discuss things
- Future uses of CentralNotice subnational and state-based campaigns
- Strategy: Strategy/Wikimedia_movement/2018-20/Participate
- outreach:GLAM/Newsletter/March 2019/Contents/USA report - add your local events
- Wikiconference North America 2019
- Boston in the fall in collaboration with other groups
- Theme: Reliability
- Looking for volunteers to help program and stage the conference
- Wikidata update(s)
- Wiki Loves Pride in June
- EU blackout - Article 13 -> Article 17 link tax impact on usage of sources
- Next call: Monday May 13
- Add your agenda items!