There is an active Request for Comments for WikiLoop DoubleCheck. Please join the discussion.
WikiLoop DoubleCheck is an open-source, crowd-sourced, counter-vandalism tool for Wikipedia and Wikidata.org. Built on web technology, WikiLoop DoubleCheck allows a quick launch from either desktop or mobile phone without needing to install resident software. Its objective is to reduce the barrier for Wikipedians wish to assist in patrolling Wikipedia revisions.
Different from other tools like STiki and Huggle, which both require WP:Rollback permission to start using, WikiLoop DoubleCheck intends to move to a tiered, trusted model. That is, just like Wikipedia aspires to be something "anyone can edit", with tiered assets allocated to tiered users, WikiLoop DoubleCheck explores how to grant everyone an ability to review and label a revision with their opinion, while allowing higher-tiered (trusted) editors (such as admins or those with WP:Rollback permissions) to conduct faster and more powerful actions (like direct-revert, e.g.) with the tool. It allows anonymous users or less-experienced (or not-yet-trusted) users to review and conduct actions with lower risks, while gradually building up their credit using the tool.
Visit WikiLoop DoubleCheck web app to start reviewing content on Wikipedia. For the direct-revert feature which is available to more experienced editors, visit DoubleCheck on WMF Labs, which is hosted on the Wikimedia Foundation's Cloud VPS.
The WikiLoop DoubleCheck is a collaborative web-based application for marking a revision as vandalism. It contains the following major features:
- Subscribe to the recent change feed
- Watch the diff directly on the page.
- Mark a revision as "Looks Good", "Not Sure", "Should Revert"
- Directly redirect to a WP url, within 1-click to revert a vandal edits.
- Seeing how many revisions the current user have reviewed (based on a random session ID in m:Cookie) at API /api/stats
- Seeing how many revisions all users have collaboratively reviewed at endpoint /marked
- Download the reviewed revision IDs and review result in a CSV.
Issues can be reported on the GitHub page.
- Support integration with continuous translation services to allow future update and improvements on translations.
- Improve the developer productivity for our code contributors
- Add better diff view include extracting url, spelling check, image thumbnails etc, WikiLink detection. to improve our reviewer productivity
- Create a tiered trust model based on [:en:Wikipedia:User_access_levels] so we can offer more powerful functionalities to those more trusted by the community while lower the barrier to allow everyone, including anonymous users to contribute their reviewing.
- Support the open knowledge researchers and developers by offering labelled all data generated from WikiLoop DoubleCheck, who may find the data useful for training quality and vandalism detection models.
How to support this tool
- First and foremost, review Wikipedia edits on our tool, particularly on the language you speak and the topics you are mostly interested in / familiar with.
- tell more of your Wikipedian friends about us
- become a code contributor, contribute code on https://github.com/google/wikiloop-battlefield, soon to be https://github.com/google/wikiloop-doublecheck
- Visual Designer: help us design a logo for this tool WikiLoop DoubleCheck and the Project WikiLoop in general.
- UX / Product Designer: join our open source efforts in designing the UX
If you are interested in Project WikiLoop, want to follow its latest development, news, or try out its tools and datasets, or even better if you want to help the project, you are welcome to sign your Username here:
English Wikipedia editors
Taken from the tool page on English Wikipedia.
- Osomite (talk) 20:42, 19 July 2020 (UTC)
- Xinbenlv (talk) 22:02, 2 July 2019 (UTC)
- Fuzheado (talk) 02:49, 9 July 2019 (UTC)
- --Jorm (talk) 02:49, 10 July 2019 (UTC)
- ElanHR (talk) 00:14, 16 July 2019 (UTC)
- Chaoyuel (talk) 09:09, 30 July 2019 (UTC)
- --eldarado ✉ 06:09, 3 August 2019 (UTC)
- Jonatan Svensson Glad (talk) 21:01, 4 August 2019 (UTC)
- Llightex (talk) 01:02, 5 August 2019 (UTC)
- Monica Westin (talk) 14:35, 5 August 2019 (UTC)
- Sadads (talk) 21:25, 5 August 2019 (UTC)
- ___CAPTAIN MEDUSAtalk 00:25, 1 September 2019 (UTC)
- LakesideMinersMy Talk Page 12:11, 10 October 2019 (UTC)
- carlojoseph14 (talk) 16:43, 26 October 2019 (UTC)
- FULBERT (talk) 12:17, 10 November 2019 (UTC)
- aaPle (talk) 12:43, 13 November 2019 (UTC)
- – SJ +
- J. Ansari Talk 07:25, 10 December 2019 (UTC)
- -- Bank Bank Robbery started a robbery (🚨) 02:17, 17 December 2019 (UTC)
- Joris Darlington Quarshie (talk) 14:08, 15 December 2019 (UTC)
- NEHAOUA (talk) 08:23, 25 December 2019 (UTC)
- A-NEUN ⦾TALK⦾ 09:36, 7 January 2020 (UTC)
- NedFausa (talk) 20:27, 8 January 2020 (UTC)
- Edi7* (Message Me! • 📜) 01:14, 10 January 2020 (UTC)
- The4lines (talk) 16:53, 10 January 2020 (UTC)The4lines
- CAPTAIN RAJU(T) 20:47, 12 January 2020 (UTC)
- Spy-cicle💥 Talk? 21:20, 18 January 2020 (UTC)
- CatcherStorm talk 07:30, 27 January 2020 (UTC)
- Orphan Wiki 21:27, 29 January 2020 (UTC)
- JaneciaTaylor (talk) 21:06, 9 February 2020 (UTC)
- Alexcalamaro (talk) 21:21, 19 February 2020 (UTC)
- tLoM (The Lord of Math) (Message) 10:30, 4 March 2020 (UTC)
- —pythoncoder (talk | contribs) 16:15, 30 March 2020 (UTC)
- - Mark D Worthen PsyD (talk) (I'm a man—traditional male pronouns are fine.) 22:36, 9 April 2020 (UTC)
- Blue Rasberry (talk) 16:19, 20 April 2020 (UTC)
- Daask (talk) 16:03, 20 May 2020 (UTC)
- Macruzbar (talk) 17:04, 25 June 2020 (UTC)
- --James Richards (talk) 14:55, 6 July 2020 (UTC)
- Path slopu (talk) 08:10, 24 July 2020 (UTC)
- Md Maruf Parvez (talk) 11:08, 18 August 2020 (UTC)
- Outlander07 (talk) 07:05, 1 September 2020 (UTC)
- – TechSolomon (talk) 11:37, 13 September 2020 (UTC)
- Go-Tsumaroki (talk) 16:49, 2 October 2020 (UTC)
- Neils51 (talk) 22:18, 2 October 2020 (UTC)
- --Carrierudd (talk) 04:32, 30 October 2020 (UTC)
Please add your name here and remember to star/fork our [git repo https://github.com/google/wikiloop-battlefield].
- xinbenlv Talk, Remember to "ping" me 21:24, 9 December 2019 (UTC)
- I hope you don't mind if I fork it somewhere Microsoft doesn't own. EllenCT (talk) 19:48, 5 August 2020 (UTC)