Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This page is a proposal for a new Wikimedia Foundation Sister Project.|
|What is the proposed name for the project?||Wikidentify|
What is the project purpose? What will be its scope? How would it benefit to be part of Wikimedia?
|identify objects on earth|
|How many wikis?
Will there be many language versions or just on one multilingual wiki?
|one mulitilingual wiki|
|How many languages?
Is the project going to be in one language or in many?
If the project requires any new features that the MediaWiki software currently doesn't have, please describe in detail. Are additional MediaWiki extensions needed for the project?
|Interested participants||See below.|
- Wikidentification – All other WMF projects are nouns.
- 維基教科書中有一些类似的（b:Dichotomous Key，…）识别植物的项目。維基鑑定还需要软件方面的创新，可以使用维基数据中的内容和功能。
- en:Nationalnyckeln_till_Sveriges_flora_och_fauna (identification for every species of sweden for layman)
- http://wikidentify.org (for transfer)
- not yet
- just in head
- (http://ec2-54-234-76-44.compute-1.amazonaws.com/ (as long as running) I’m working on an identification key system running on Wikibase, the Mediawiki extension is here: LifeWeb.—LivingShadow (talk) 13:15, 19 August 2013 (UTC)) - has problems. Is there a possibility to rerun? Conny (talk) 10:00, 28 November 2013 (UTC).
- Conny (talk)
- Harald Krichel (talk)
- Gregor Hagedorn
- Emw (talk)
- Arnaugir (talk)
- Nick1372 (talk)
- Andreas Plank (talk)
- ProtossPylon (talk)
- --Seonookim (talk) 06:15, 23 July 2013 (UTC)
- --Natuur12 (talk) 14:38, 27 July 2013 (UTC)
- Wolf Lambert (talk) 12:31, 1 August 2013 (UTC)
- Bothvar (talk) 01:15, 18 August 2013 (UTC)
- Interested in the functionality, not necessarily through a new project. Daniel Mietchen (talk)
- Hkjacksonhk08:02, 27 August 2013 (UTC)
- Interesting concept. Abyssal (talk) 16:29, 27 August 2013 (UTC)
- This is concept interesting... --►Cekli829 08:06, 17 September 2013 (UTC)
- very interesting Miguel2706 (talk) 00:09, 27 September 2013 (UTC)
- Coldbolt (talk) 16:15, 30 September 2013 (UTC)
- Sounds quite interessting. MGChecker (talk)
- This sounds like something to be implemented in WikiData; we don't need another sister project. Chris Troutman (talk) 01:33, 27 July 2013 (UTC)
- I agree with Chris that this should be seen as a WikiData tool. I support its creation, but I don't see the need for a separate wiki for that. --Piotrus (talk) 03:57, 18 August 2013 (UTC)
- Hm ok, maybe a seperate skin for Wikidentify is enough, if there is a way to integrate special needs like Klaas mentioned. Hope you opposers read discussion from specialists f. e. in german wikipedia (linked) and support overload of data for items to identify then. Maybe not everyone is interested in Wikidentify, but so this people maybe become the information overload in Wikidata... Thanks, Conny (talk) 09:43, 20 August 2013 (UTC).
- Klaas|Z4␟V: 09:13, 18 August 2013 (UTC) Agree with Chris. Great task for an advanced tool in WikiData perhaps even a special namespace there, I suggest to move this proposal to a suitable team of developers there.
- Wikidata will be doing this. comment on why this project would be needed in addition to the current plans for Wikidata because I fail to see the need for this in addition to the current plans. Blue Rasberry (talk) 15:06, 19 August 2013 (UTC)
- Weak oppose based on current scope. It makes sense to create dichotomous key to identify biological species but adding others into the scope makes it a bit too broad. (Ok, I can see that niche audiences like aviation fans would potentially treat this site as the go-to source to identify aircraft types but I want to see more listed in the proposal on how to carry out its goal.) OhanaUnitedTalk page 19:18, 23 August 2013 (UTC)
- This would be a great add-on to Wikidata, but it's hard to see how a separate project is needed. -- Ypnypn (talk) 18:04, 27 August 2013 (UTC)
- I hope that Wikidata will offer such a tool, eventually. — Ivan Shmakov (d ▞ c) 09:05, 3 September 2013 (UTC)
- As proposed, I don't see a use for this. Sven Manguard (talk) 22:50, 4 September 2013 (UTC)
- Completely duplicate with query feature of Wikidata.--GZWDer (talk) 14:04, 23 January 2014 (UTC)