This page is kept for historical interest. Any policies mentioned may be obsolete. If you want to revive the topic, you can use the talk page or start a discussion on the community forum.
|Main page (site)|
|Wikimania 2005 (site)|
|Wikimania 2006 (site)|
|Wikimania 2007 (site)|
|Wikimania 2008 (site)|
2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017
City bids for hosting Wikimania 2009, the 5th annual international Wikimedia conference:
Wikimania 2009 official bids:
Buenos Aires -
Questions and Answers:
Brisbane | Buenos Aires | Karlsruhe | Toronto
- December 15, 2007: Bidding opened.
- January 12, 2008: Jury selection announced
- January 12, 2008: Bidding creation ended. List of running cities announced.
- All cities which intend to run for the bidding process should have created a page on meta and entered the official list. New bids will not be accepted after this date.
- February 3rd (0:01 UTC): Bidding ended. All major information on bidding page were finalized.
- February 3rd (3:00 UTC): Public meeting No. 1 with existing bidders.
- (15:00 UTC): Public meeting No. 2 with existing bidders
- February 3rd: Question & Answer from jury began.
- February 3rd - March 6: Refining of bids and answering jury's questions.
- February 28: Question & Answer from jury ended.
- February 21rd - March 13: Jury deliberation.
- Post-March 13: Host city announced to public.
- March 28th: Buenos Aires is selected by the Jury and an announcement is made to the public.
Bidding for Wikimania 2009
Each year, Wikimania is organized in the city that proposed the best location for it to happen in good conditions, as determined by a jury. Each year, many community members get together to propose their city to host Wikimania in the years to come. Instructions for putting together a bid for your city:
- Read the 2009 requirements for bidding cities for guidance.
- Start a bid at [[Wikimania 2009/Bids/xxx]] where xxx is the name of your city
- Get input from other wikimedians to help you with your bid on the various wikimedia lists (foundation-l, wikimania-l, wikipedia-l...)
- Ask questions on the 2009 talk page or to the organizers of the previous years.
New bidding is now closed. Any new cities added at this point will be removed without discussion.
Toronto (talk) Q&A (Ontario, Canada) -- Zanimum 20:34, 15 December 2007 (UTC)
- Buenos Aires (talk) Q&A (Argentina, South America) Loco085 21:21, 28 December 2007 (UTC)
Brisbane (talk) Q&A (Queensland, Australia) Lankiveil 11:06, 30 December 2007 (UTC) Karlsruhe (talk) Q&A (Germany, Europe) Kawana 21:41, 12 January 2008 (UTC)
Unofficial bids, prior to bid opening on December 15, 2007, may be found here: Wikimania 2009/Bids/Unofficial bids