Wikimedia Foundation elections/2022/Affiliates regional distribution for the Analysis Committee/MENA-WikiArabia
This page supports the MENA affiliate participation in the 2022 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees elections Analysis Committee.
The Movement Strategy and Governance team is available to support this process.
Facilitators for this region include Mervat.
- Main article: Wikimedia Foundation elections/2022
The affiliate organizations voted in this election in July to shortlist six candidates from the candidate pool. Each affiliate organization was allowed one vote. This selection used the Single Transferable Vote method. Affiliate organizations discussed the candidates the affiliate organization wanted to select. Candidates ranked candidates in order of preference.
The Affiliate Representatives were able to ask questions for the candidates to answer. Candidates published answers starting on June 24.
To assist with this selection process, an Analysis Committee was be formed.
The Analysis Committee was formed from the affiliates during late April and May. The Analysis Committee was planned to be composed of 9 representatives of affiliates (including all chapters, user groups, and thematic groups) from regions across the movement. One each from:
- CEE (Central & Eastern Europe);
- ESEAP (East and Southeast Asia, and the Pacific region);
- Sub-saharan Africa;
- Latin America and the Caribbean;
- MENA (Middle East and North Africa);
- North America (USA and Canada);
- Northern and Western Europe;
- South Asia;
- plus one for thematic affiliates.
There was no representative from the Northern and Western Europe or South Asia.
The Analysis Committee evaluated the candidates against the skills and diversity, equity and inclusion criteria shared by the Board of Trustees. The Analysis Committee used the statements the candidates answered on their application to rate the candidates. The Analysis Committee rated candidates with a gold/silver/bronze framework. This rating was used to provide input to the affiliate organizations when they planned their vote. The details of the evaluation of each candidate will not be shared.
After the six candidates were selected during the affiliate organization voting process, the ratings of each selected candidate were published to inform the community vote. This process aims to find the best balance between sharing useful information and minimizing unnecessary exposure of candidates.
Selected committee members
|CEE (Central & Eastern Europe)|
|ESEAP (East, Southeast Asia, and the Pacific)|
|Latin America and the Caribbean|
|MENA (Middle East and North Africa)|
|Western & Northern Europe|
|SAARC (South Asia)|
The Analysis Committee worked from late May to mid-June. Details of their meetings and process can be found on the Analysis Committee Discussions.
The Board Selection Task Force and the Elections Committee developed a set of evaluation criteria for the Analysis Committee to evaluate candidates against. The Analysis Committee members assessed candidates individually. Only two Movement Strategy and Governance facilitators who supported the process had access to these individual scores.
Procedure for determining the committee member
Each region will appoint 1 committee member in a transparent affiliate selecting process to form a 9 member Analysis Committee.
Similar to a previous regional process, the procedure should be defined by the affiliates in the table below.
This page was created to assist the affiliate coordination and should be edited collaboratively.
Users willing to be an Analysis Committee member
(Self nominations or nominated by others with nominee accepting)
|Algeria Wikimedians User Group||Adel nehaoua||I put the name of adel he can speak on behalf of wikidz|
|Egypt Wikimedians User Group|
|Kurdish Wikimedians User Group||Mohammmed Sardar|
|Wikimedia Community User Group Sudan||Maram ali ahmed|
|Wikimedia MA User Group (Morocco)|
|Wikimedia Tunisia User Group|
|Wikimedians of Tamazight User Group||Reda Kerbouche||On behalf of the User Group|
|Wikimedians of the Levant User Group||عباد ديرانية||Abbad will cast the vote as the ex-Chief Coordinator. The actual vote will not be based on Abbad's opinion but on the user group's decision.|
|Wikimedians of United Arab Emirates User Group||هاني يكن|
|Arabic Wikimedians User Group||Nehaoua||See Talk|
- @Bachounda:، بما أن عادل يمثل المجموعة العربية، يرجى اختيار ممثل آخر للجزائر. شكراً
- (ar) بما أن فترة تقديم الترشيحات انتهت، باسم مجموعة مستخدمي الويكميديين العربية وويكيميديي الجزائر نزكي الزميل علاء عضوًا
عن المنطقة للجنة التحليل
- بناءً على قرار أعضاء مجموعة ويكيميديا بلاد الشام بالتصويت العلني، نُزكِّي الزميل علاء ممثلاً عن المنطقة العربية --Abbad (talk) 12:46, 20 May 2022 (UTC).
- (ar) باسم مجموعة مستخدمي و يكيميديا الامارات العربية المتحدة نزكي الزميل علاء ممثلاً عن المنطقة العربية و بالتوفيق انشاءالله علاء -- هاني يكن (talk) 7:06 am, 21 May 2022 (UTC)
- (ar) باسم مجموعة مستخدمي الويكيميديا المجتمع السوداني نفيدكم انه لا مانع لدينا من ترشيح الزميل علاء ممثلا للمنطقة العربية، وبالتوفيق له بإذن الله -- Maram 21:18, 21 May 2022 (UTC+2)