Community Wishlist Survey 2020/Wiktionary/Display definitions from Wikisource dictionaries
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Problem: Wiktionaries offer some definitions but there are many ways to describe a meaning, and the actual wiktionary interface doesn't make it easy to display definitions from other dictionaries. Some are mentioned as references but they are not accessible in Wiktionary.
- Who would benefit: Wiktionary readers
- Proposed solution: Many dictionaries are already in Wikisource and we can use them to offer more definitions. A dedicated transclusion may help harvesting automatically entries with a specific tagging in the dictionaries hosted in Wikisources. They could come from several Wikisources, to be display in several Wiktionaries. It could be a new tab next to "Article" and "Talk", named "Dictionaries".
- More comments: Some dictionaries are already properly tagged; for the others, it could be a good opportunity to do it, so that they can more easily be reused in open source projects.
- Phabricator tickets:
- Proposer: DaraDaraDara (talk) 14:32, 8 November 2019 (UTC)
- I think it's a great cross-project development, and it's different than the proposal to use Wikisource as a corpora, this one target dictionaries, and the other idea target books. It could be a good opportunity to follow TEI Lex0 guidelines for the dictionaries in Wikisource Noé (talk) 18:28, 8 November 2019 (UTC)