Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Khowar
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikipedia Khowar|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||khw (SIL, Glottolog)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Khowar||Language name in English|
|Language name||کھوار||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q938216 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Directionality||RTL||Is the language written from left to right (LTR) or from right to left (RTL)?|
|Links||Links to previous requests, or references to external websites or documents.|
|Project name||ویکیپیڈیا||"Wikipedia" in your language|
|Project namespace||ویکیپیڈیا||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||تبادلۂ خیال ویکیپیڈیا||"Wikipedia talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||no||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||File:Wikipedia-logo-v2-khw.svg||This needs to be an SVG image (instructions for logo creation).|
|Default project timezone||UTC||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example, a Wikisource would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk", "Author", "Author talk".|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
|submit Phabricator task (includes everything automatically, except additional namespaces/settings)|
- Support As a sysop of the Wikipedia Khowar (Chitrali Language Wikipedia), I am proposing a Khowar (Chitrali) Wikipedia edition. Khowar is one of spoken languages in Chitral(Pakistan), Swat(Pakistan), Gilgit-Baltistan(Pakistan), Xingjing(China), Sheghnan(Afghanistan), Chatur(India), and there is an increasing interest among young native speakers towards developing the language. It will be useful to Khowar internet users to report news from worldwide. Approximately, there are 10 million of speakers worldwide. I strongly feel it deserves its own Wikipedia. I have recently created test Khowar Wikipedia at Khowar Wikpedia.--Rehmat Aziz Chitrali 10:00, 14December 2010 (UTC)
Arguments in favour
- Support Support: I can't find a single site on the internet written in Khowar except Khowar Academy website. Wikipedia will be the second, and therefore provide a much needed area for the preservation of this peculiar language. -- Akbaralighazi 06:02, 21 July 2011 (UTC)
- Support: Native speakers of Khowar have the competency and willingness to contribute to this project in the long-term. Hence the Khowar language deserves to be given the opportunity and privilege to have its own language edition of Wikipedia along with the existing Pakistani languages such as Urdu, Punjabi, Pashto, Sindhi and Brahui. -- Mirajbibi 06:05, 21 July 2011 (UTC)
- Support --Taighoon 22:03, 29 January 2012 (UTC)
- Support --Sher Khan (talk) 22:22, 3 March 2012 (UTC)
- Support --Darvesh 08:34, 2 February 2012 (UTC)
- Support --Feroz 08:35, 2 February 2012 (UTC)
- Support --GhotaiMangal (talk) 06:28, 6 March 2012 (UTC) I support it and will contribute what i can.
- Support --MohammadIshaq (talk) 22:50, 3 March 2012 (UTC)
- Support --IdrisAchakzai 08:39, 2 February 2012 (UTC)
- Support --Palwasha 08:40, 2 February 2012 (UTC)
- Support --AbdullahHamdard 08:43, 2 February 2012 (UTC)
- Support --HelaiWasifi 08:44, 2 February 2012 (UTC)
- Support --Ulfat 08:46, 2 February 2012 (UTC)
- Support --BENAWA 23:56, 2 February 2012 (UTC)
- Support --WadanAfghanistan 23:58, 2 February 2012 (UTC)
- Support --MateenAfghanmal 00:01, 3 February 2012 (UTC)
- Support --Wahab 00:02, 3 February 2012 (UTC)
- Support --IbrahimKhan 08:00, 4 February 2012 (UTC)
- Support --MohammadOmar 08:01, 4 February 2012 (UTC)
- Support --AbdulShakoor 08:02, 4 February 2012 (UTC)
- Support --Ehsaan 08:03, 4 February 2012 (UTC)
- Support --AbdulHaq 08:04, 4 February 2012 (UTC)
- Support --SedeeqAminzai 08:06, 4 February 2012 (UTC)
- Support --Waheed 08:07, 4 February 2012 (UTC)
- Support --Watanwal 08:09, 4 February 2012 (UTC) I stand for this cause.
- Support --Shirzaad 08:13, 4 February 2012 (UTC)
- Support --Haqmaal 19:24, 11 February 2012 (UTC)
- Support --FidaMohammad 15:44, 14 February 2012 (UTC)
- Support --FarhadWaziri (talk) 02:18, 27 February 2012 (UTC)
- Support --Shahidsafai (talk) 21:11, 28 February 2012 (UTC) Strongly in favor for this project.
- Support --Shamshaad (talk) 02:40, 1 March 2012 (UTC) in support for this project.
- Support --Lutfullah (talk) 02:14, 2 March 2012 (UTC) I am in favor for this project.
- Support --Sabawoon (talk) 13:33, 2 March 2012 (UTC) I think this is a good idea. Lets start this project.
- Support --Mukhtarmomand (talk) 19:19, 2 March 2012 (UTC) Its a great news, I am looking forwards to see this project as reality.
- Support --HanifHairan (talk) 22:39, 3 March 2012 (UTC)
- Support --Hewad (talk) 01:05, 5 March 2012 (UTC)
- Support --Mirwais (talk) 04:05, 6 March 2012 (UTC) We want this Wikipedia.
- Support--Zarghona (talk) 17:50, 6 March 2012 (UTC) We demand Khowar Wikipedia.
- Support--W.Kaleem (talk) 19:22, 6 March 2012 (UTC)
- Support--Pax̌tun (talk) 16:40, 7 March 2012 (UTC) I support this proposal for Pax̌to wikipeḍyā.
- Support --Pax̌toonxwā (talk) 10:58, 8 March 2012 (UTC)
- Support--Mohammadnabi (talk) 11:35, 9 March 2012 (UTC)
- Support--Khaiber (talk) 07:50, 10 March 2012 (UTC)
- Support--Abdulrazaq (talk) 16:32, 12 March 2012 (UTC)
- Support--Hafizullah (talk) 21:36, 14 March 2012 (UTC) This sounds good.
- Support--Temorshah (talk) 00:07, 17 March 2012 (UTC)
- Support: -- Chetraro.hawaz (talk) 03:57, 24 October 2012 (UTC)
- Support: Have recently gained attention (Rehmat Aziz Chitrali & User:Mirajbibi Miraj are creating articles and translating the interface messages in the translatewiki.net ).-- 22.214.171.124 06:11, 21 July 2011 (UTC)
- Support: --Gulzar Khan
- Support: Strong support and I Propose this project early approval-- Zaheeruddin25 (talk) 08:00, 22 November 2012 (UTC)
- Support: I also propose to approve this Test Wiki project as early as possible. — Cataloguers786 (talk) 08:03, 22 November 2012 (UTC)
- Support:: TO BE APPROVED, per consensus. — Shahabdulaziz (talk) 08:06, 22 November 2012 (UTC)
- Support: -- Khowaracademy (talk) 07:00, 1 December 2012 (UTC)
- Support: -- Muhammadghafar (talk) 05:51, 8 December 2012 (UTC)
- Support: -- Zahidalinizari (talk) 05:52, 8 December 2012 (UTC)
- Support: -- Shahabdulaziz (talk) 12:21, 19 December 2012 (UTC)
- Strong Support: -- Prof.Israr (talk) 08:00, 24 January 2013 (UTC)
- Strong Support The Khowar language:--Ibrahim khashrowdi (talk) 17:40, 13 April 2015 (UTC)
- Strong Support this wiki is very nesseccery!!!lrc lori (talk) 08:17, 4 June 2015 (UTC)
- Support --Ταπυροι (گپ) 11:05, 5 July 2015 (UTC)
- Support --Kusurija (talk) 18:10, 13 August 2015 (UTC)
- Support--Ali Saki (talk) 06:15, 9 September 2015 (UTC)
- Support Yes, After waiting for a long time interval, now I hope that we can have this great language of our cousins language on Wikipedia, Another sister in the cool family of Pakistani languages, it would be at least a great source of writen materials in this language for my linguistic friends in Chitral and Gilgit-Baltistan, and in foreign countries as well. And once again I repeat that Rehmat Aziz Chitrali has devoted a remarkable service to Khowar Wikipedia, which will in the hearts and thoughts of all Khowar Speakers. Thumbs up for you Rehmat Bhai. Khesrawkakakhail (talk) 16:23, 15 December 2015 (UTC)
- Support: The project shows significant activity since October 2014 (!!). All most-used core messages have been localised into Khowar. This wiki is surely ready to be opened. --Ghiutun 11:25, 23 March 2016 (UTC)
- Support: This request is pending since a long time. I guess this might demotivate the community. It is time we make this project live.--Satdeep Gill (talk) 14:34, 27 March 2016 (UTC)
- Support ----ANBI (talk) 16:56, 27 March 2016 (UTC)
- Support عثمان منصور انصاري (talk) 20:38, 27 March 2016 (UTC)
- Support--Jogi don (talk) 09:20, 28 March 2016 (UTC)
- Support Great initiative. Mar4d (talk) 13:52, 26 August 2016 (UTC)
- Support --Baskervill talk 08:44, 9 January 2017 (UTC)
- Support +1 too! --Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 00:40, 10 January 2017 (UTC)
- Support --Arif80s (talk) 08:41, 24 February 2017 (UTC)
- Support: Deb (talk) 09:07, 9 May 2017 (UTC)
- Support-- Bukhari Talk 12:14, 12 May 2017 (UTC)
- Support Yahadzija (talk) 21:33, 8 June 2017 (UTC)
- Support 夢蝶葬花@生涯不敗 05:18, 18 September 2018 (UTC)
- Support An active community with a lot of potentials. I see no reason to delay its approval further. Muhraz (talk) 11:10, 2 May 2019 (UTC)
- Support --Samiullahtorkhowi (talk) 06:25, 17 May 2019 (UTC)
- Strong support Taimoorahmed11 (talk) 20:53, 22 August 2020 (UTC)
- Please add the names of editing communities in the above Template box, Thanks -- Rehmat Aziz Chitrali 06:32, 11 December 2015 (UTC)
- Arab script seems to be used in all messages and pages. Is محمد علی جناح the best/biggest article produced so far? Nemo 18:08, 17 April 2016 (UTC)
@Nemo bis: Thank you very much for visiting in Khowar Wikpedia project. Yes, Khowar language is written from right to left like all arabic script languages. The khowar users are writing articles since 19 months regularly and waiting for their own wiki like Western Punjabi Wikipedia, please held and support us for early approval of this wiki preject. Regards--Rehmat Aziz Chitrali 04:57, 22 April 2016 (UTC)
- Currently 100% of the MediaWiki messages and 99% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been translated and localised by Chitrali Researcher and online Translator Rehmat Aziz Chitrali. Please help us help Khowar language by localising at Betawiki. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Localising the "most used messages" first has the biggest impact on the usability of Wikis in Khowar.
- Currently 100% of the MediaWiki messages and 99% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Localisation of these messages is a requirement before your request is finally assessed. Rehmat Aziz Chitrali has been translating a bit in the past 9 months.
- Core 29 % translated, language exported and added to Names.php a while back. Most important messages 100 % translated, Wikimedia extensions 2 %. Nemo 17:59, 17 April 2016 (UTC)
@Nemo bis: I am pleased inform you that I have translated all the 100% most used messages into Khowar Language --Rehmat Aziz Chitrali 05:00, 22 April 2016 (UTC)
Khowar Wikipedia logo
Correct SVG/PNG logo created in 2015, see above.
Here's the logo and text content for Khowar Wikipedia: "ویکیپیڈیا", "آزاد انسائکلوپیڈیا". --RAChitrali 06:41, 2 February 2019 (UTC)
Khowar linguists, Professors & Experts
- For verification of content of Khowar language wikipedia i am writing the names of Khowar linguists, khowar professors, khowar experts. The details are as under:-
- Professor Mumtaz (Linguist,Educationist,Researcher) Government College Chitral Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Email: email@example.com Ph:0943-414411 Fax:0943-412682 Cel:03085746361 Addrss: Government College Chitral, Pakistan.
- Professor Dr.Badsha Munir Bukhar(Educationist, Linguist, language expert) Peshawar H#SA-11 University camps University of Peshawar, Pakistan-25000 ای میل: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
- Dr Inayat Ullah Faizi(Tamgha Imtiaz) Govt Degree College Chitral, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Professor Israruddin Chairman Department of Geography, University of Peshawar Pakistan Email: email@example.com
- Fakhruddin Executive Director, Linguist, Expert Frontier Language Initiative(FLI) Islamabad Pakistan email: firstname.lastname@example.org Cell No. 0345942046 I would like to request the language committee to contact the Linguists, Experts and Intellectuals of Khowar language regarding verification of Khowar Wikipedia. Regards --Rehmat Aziz Chitrali 13:38, 21 May 2016 (UTC)
Humble Request to Hon'ble Members of Language Committee
- As a Test Admin of Wp/khw Khowar Wikipedia Project I on behalf of the Khowar language communities of Pakistan, Afghanist, India and Xinjiang(China) humbly request the all respectable members of the language comittee for early approval, creation of Khowar Wkipedia i.e. khw.wikipedia.org. The Khowar language is spoken in Pakistan, India, Afghanistan and Xingjiang(China). I have created a test page for Khowar language in incubator i.e. Wikipedia Khowar (Khowar Language Wikipedia), On behalf of the abovementioned Khowar speaking four countries for early approval and creation and normalization of Khowar Wikipedia edition. Khowar is one of spoken 14 languages in Chitral(Pakistan). It will be useful to Khowar internet users to report news from worldwide. I strongly feel it deserves its own Wikipedia. Being a test admin i have translated all most used messages into khowar. I have created test Khowar Wikipedia at Khowar Wikpedia.--Rehmat Aziz Chitrali 05:14, 6 November 2015 (UTC)
- I want to add the editing community in the Top Template box, but the section of "Community" is disable, please enable this or add the editing community- Regards Rehmat Aziz Chitrali 15:22, 27 March 2016 (UTC)
- @Rachitrali: Thanks for all your work so far, and sorry ut has taken us (the language committee) so long to get back to you. I have started the process for approving this Wikipedia now, so things should be happening soon. Jon Harald Søby (talk) 20:13, 21 April 2016 (UTC)
- @Jon Harald Søby: waiting for your response regarding approval and verification of Khowar Wikipedia--Rehmat Aziz Chitrali 07:33, 15 June 2016 (UTC)
Wikimedia Blog on Khowar Wikipedia
- Mr.Syed Muzammiluddin wrote a very informative blog about Khowar language and Khowar wikipedia on Wikimedia Blog here  Team effort in developing the Khowar Wikipedia, Thanks Mr.@Hindustanilanguage: thanks Wikimedia Foundation team --Zaheeruddin25 (talk) 03:51, 30 May 2016 (UTC)
- Due to routine maintenance of ISP Providers in Chitral Pakistan the there will be no edit in Khowar wikipedia from 1st August 2016 to 15th August 2016, please note all Khowar users and Members of LangCom. Thanks --Rehmat Aziz Chitrali 07:20, 30 July 2016 (UTC)
- Done Congratulation to Khowar language users of Khowar Wikipedia the ISPs in Pakistan has completed the maintenance from 1st August to 15th August 2016, please re-start editing in Khowar Wikipedia, Cheers --126.96.36.199 03:55, 15 August 2016 (UTC)
Khowar Keyboard invented
- Congratulations to the Khowar speakers of all over the globe, Rehmat Aziz Chitrali invented a Text Editor for Khowar language that can be used to type khowar articles for Khowar wikipedia, please use this and enjoy --Zaheeruddin25 (talk) 05:15, 30 November 2016 (UTC)
- I think the criteria for approval of Khowar Wikipedia are met: The project of Wikipedia Khowar is active since four months and above, and the localized interface is done by me in he Trnanslate.net. Is it possible to ask for a final approval? What can we do now? --RAChitrali 08:40, 30 January 2019 (UTC)
- @Dcljr: @Shangkuanlc: waiting for your suggestions--RAChitrali 09:07, 15 April 2019 (UTC)